Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2021, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
After a very long hiatus I am trying to book an LH itinerary. Is there a way to find out the actual fare bucket before purchasing the ticket? It only shows eco light/classic/flex but the actual fare bucket is nowhere to be found. It is important for me, being TK*G and a bunch of LH buckets get zilch in M&S, so I try to book a mile earning fare.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
After a very long hiatus I am trying to book an LH itinerary. Is there a way to find out the actual fare bucket before purchasing the ticket? It only shows eco light/classic/flex but the actual fare bucket is nowhere to be found. It is important for me, being TK*G and a bunch of LH buckets get zilch in M&S, so I try to book a mile earning fare.
"Show booking classes" link will have those details.

Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
For my attempted multi city it doesn't show that link

Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
For my attempted multi city it doesn't show that link
No, for multi-city you would need to select one of the offered fares and click through to the next screen.

For some itineraries it will show you the booking classes in the "Your Flights" section but it does not always do so.

This intercontinental itinerary in PE shows them:

This EU itinerary in Y does not:

Old Jun 23, 2021, 11:15 am

COVID CANCELLED FLTS ... can I rebook ?

LH had cancelled my flts from MUC - FRA - IAH llast year Sept 2020 due to covid.. I am trying to re-book this travel for
February 2022... how do I go about ?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 12:04 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by NAREN10216
LH had cancelled my flts from MUC - FRA - IAH llast year Sept 2020 due to covid.. I am trying to re-book this travel for
February 2022... how do I go about ?
Give LH a call, but do some homework beforehand so that they don't take you for a ride.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
LH canceled my short-haul intra-europe return flight (the last of two legs in that direction) and booked me automatically on the flight the day after. This is more than 14 days out so EC 261 doesn't apply.

They offer 3 unsavory options: 1) Accept 2) Flexibility Policy or 3) Refund.

My flight was really cheap. Do they have a 200 mile or similar regional airports policy? So far their flexibility policy forces you to pay for any fare changes if the new fare is higher if I choose a different destination, which really puts me at a disadvantage since they canceled on me (and there's no other flights w/o overnight layover). What are my options short of cancelling or rescheduling another date? (routing operates only weekends... so I can't really change to something else that works for me)
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Since one segment of your trip was cancelled you can rebook to any date you like without upfare or penalty. If there is no flight to your destination the day you were originally booked you can be moved to an airport in the same country which is <249 miles away. The documentation is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31999729-post56.html

The covid policy you refer to is for volontary changes. You have an involuntary change, much more relaxed rules apply.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:34 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Two PNRs vs One on Austrian Intra-Europe

I'm looking to fly a large group (9 people) from Croatia to Venice. My nonstop flight just got canceled. Everyone is vaccinated. I've got 2 options, Austrian or LOT.

Total travel time is ~3 hours shorter on Austrian and the Austrian flight is more expensive, but I have found something peculiar that I cannot figure out:

On Austrian's website, if I book a one way from DBV to VCE, the price is TWICE as much as if I book it as two one-ways in two different reservations (DBV-VIE then VIE to VCE). I presume I cannot check bags if I book two one-ways, so I'm comparing Economy Light fares. (Is that likely true? Or is Austrian going to see the two one-ways and let me check bags through?)

I presume that if I book two one ways and one flight gets canceled or delayed, Austrian won't protect or help me, but other than that, is there a reason to avoid this? Has anyone seen this pricing oddity before with Austrian?

Separately, is there any reason other than total travel time (eg. reliability, likelihood of flight cancellation, etc.) to choose Austrian over LOT (or vice versa)? I have not flown either carrier before.

Thanks!

Last edited by h8stn4d; Jun 24, 2021 at 6:49 am
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

OS will check your bags thru, but as you say you have two tickets and they are unlikely to accomodate you if you are late on the first ticket. You could try and book the ticket as a multi city trip on austrian.com maybe it will issue the two trips in one reservation and price it as two trips.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
OS will check your bags thru, but as you say you have two tickets and they are unlikely to accomodate you if you are late on the first ticket. You could try and book the ticket as a multi city trip on austrian.com maybe it will issue the two trips in one reservation and price it as two trips.
Thanks for the suggestion---I wish the multi-city worked, but it did not. I can only assume that the prices in and out of VIE, for Austrians, is just priced lower than flights connecting through. They must be competing with LCCs flying in/out of VIE.

The other problem with making two one-ways, I realized, is that I might have to check in separately at the counter in VIE if there are COVID restrictions or other who-knows-what requirements.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 7:43 pm

Short transfer time

Will be flying LH ATL-FRA-MUC-TBS on Christmas evening r/t in J.

Going to TBS we have 5 and 6 hour layover however coming back its 1+30 @ 1+00 time at FRA. I know that that is their MCT, but it appears very tight and with the littlest glitch could be putting me and the Mrs for an overnight layover.

So, is a 1 hour FRA connection coming from non-schengen to at MUC to a Schengen at FRA and then the US?

HAVE Global Entry if that helps.

Thanks

CJ
Old Jul 1, 2021, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Will be flying LH ATL-FRA-MUC-TBS on Christmas evening r/t in J.

Going to TBS we have 5 and 6 hour layover however coming back its 1+30 @ 1+00 time at FRA. I know that that is their MCT, but it appears very tight and with the littlest glitch could be putting me and the Mrs for an overnight layover.

So, is a 1 hour FRA connection coming from non-schengen to at MUC to a Schengen at FRA and then the US?

HAVE Global Entry if that helps.

Thanks

CJ
Global Entry is irrelevant for Europe.
I have understood that you have 1h in FRA between the ATL-FRA & FRA-MUC flights.
How many hours do you have in MUC between the MUC-FRA & FRA-TBS flights?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:37 pm

Vaccination Certificate...

Hello,
Does anybody know if the vaccination certificate can be uploaded to the LH app during the online chceck-in? I hope so, because if I'd have to queue at the airport, having just a hand luggage, to show the document due to the lack of the internet service, it would be quite surprising. Btw. the page lufthansa.com/xx/en/form-digital-document-check doesn't work- error message after uploading attempts. Thanks - Maciej
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:46 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Maciej 237
Hello,
Does anybody know if the vaccination certificate can be uploaded to the LH app during the online chceck-in? I hope so, because if I'd have to queue at the airport, having just a hand luggage, to show the document due to the lack of the internet service, it would be quite surprising. Btw. the page lufthansa.com/xx/en/form-digital-document-check doesn't work- error message after uploading attempts. Thanks - Maciej
Why don't you save it as a PDF file on your phone, you will be able to show it regardless of your Internet connection.
Incidentally, it's no surprise that there are lines at the airports these days.
Annerk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.