Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:42 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by royng
I have a few flights with LH in early Jan 2017-

HKG-MUC: PE to C, fare class N: bid range: USD690 to 1190
Later the min. bid dropped to USD550 (but I didn't bother to adjust my previous bid setting at USD700). My bid at USD700 went through about 2.5 days before flight without email notification about the success in bidding.

Now 2 days before departure there are still 20 unoccupied C seats for seat selection.

Don't like the fact that it will be in P fare which will earn nothing with A3. Will have to park my miles elsewhere.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: Diamond - Hilton +Hyatt
some advice?

Hi
I am booked on K class FRA to SIN, I have the following questions:

1. Can I only bid upgrade on my outbound segment for now?
2. Can I only bid to PE or is C an option?
3. What price range would you guys suggest?

Thanks !
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:39 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Both PE and C will be on offer. Bid the lowest possible. You can bid for all segments if within the time window.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Both PE and C will be on offer. Bid the lowest possible. You can bid for all segments if within the time window.
Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by jdaniel
Hi
I am booked on K class FRA to SIN, I have the following questions:

1. Can I only bid upgrade on my outbound segment for now?
2. Can I only bid to PE or is C an option?
3. What price range would you guys suggest?

Thanks !
I just checked I do not see any offer options all I see if a 299 Euro option for PE and its not an offer it is fixed, what am I doing wrong ? Any ideas?

I am on PEP K class fare.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

When you are looking at the booking the 'myoffer' link is on the lower right hand side of the screen. You must have clicked on the 'upgrade' field. That link would take you to the fixed price.

View Screen Capture
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:34 am

When you are looking at the booking the 'myoffer' link is on the lower right hand side of the screen. You must have clicked on the 'upgrade' field. That link would take you to the fixed price.

View Screen Capture
wow thanks for the info but it is super difficult to locate that link, it shows up ONLY if you click "show booking" from the email if I go through the website I cannot locate the page you see.. but in the end I did manage.

It shows me an upgrade to C is minimum 720 Euros I cannot go lower than that and 220 Euros for PE
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:30 am

I'm wondering if anyone has seen the scale values diminish over time? I'm looking at a relatively short long haul flight and the lowest value is 600 € from M class to C... Not worth it for 5.5 hours.

Flight is 3 weeks out.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by sedonanative
I'm wondering if anyone has seen the scale values diminish over time? I'm looking at a relatively short long haul flight and the lowest value is 600 € from M class to C... Not worth it for 5.5 hours.

Flight is 3 weeks out.

If you are booked in M and hold Status with LH your opup chances to PE could be quite high
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
If you are booked in M and hold Status with LH your opup chances to PE could be quite high
No status yet. United for years and just switching to start from scratch. Has been a headache learning a new system, let me tell you.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:37 am
GeP

Originally Posted by sedonanative
Well, gathering intelligence on how much people are willing to pay for the upgrade and maximizing revenue is a key objective of this whole system.

So I am not surprised for (some) prizes to go up.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Hello,

This is my very first post here on Flyertalk, so I would like to know if some of you can give me an advice (or at least a "prediction"...)

I have an upcoming flight with LH next month. The flights and fare classes are these:

1) LH 507, GRU - FRA (PE, booking fare N), on 07/FEB/2017

2) LH 1035, CDG - FRA (Eco Y) + LH 506, FRA - GRU (PE, booking fare N), on 26/02/2017.

For the first flight (LH 507 on 07/FEB,2017, I have bid an offer for an upgrade to Business (P), and have bid 575,00 EUR.

What are my chances to be upgraded to business for the first flight knowing that:

1) Bid range is from 535 EUR to 1015,00 EUR;
2) There are, apparently, 22 seats available in Business, according to a simulation I did today;
3) The flight departs in 18 days;
4) I have no status, just being Miles and More general member (blue card), with 23.716 award miles

I also know that at the check in counter at GRU, the LH agent normaly offers a paid upgrade for US$ 600,00 for the passenger with PE tickets (I know that because I was twice offered this price on my two previus flights from GRU to FRA.

Should I low down my bid, since 575 EUR is sligthly higher than the US$ 600,00 they offer at the check in counter?

I pretty much like the PE on LH, since I mostly travel in ECO, but on my last return fligh (FRA - GRU) in november I unexpectedly got an upgrade to Business at the last minute at the gate, without any explanation (and when I saw the red light, the "beep-beep" sound and the small print poping up from the boarding pass reader, I simply did not question why, LOL). So I think I got spoiled by LH to the point of needing more upgrades!

Unfortunatley, having booked the PE ticket with N class fare does not allow me to pay in advance for the upgrade.

Best regards!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by criske
Hello,

This is my very first post here on Flyertalk, so I would like to know if some of you can give me an advice (or at least a "prediction"...)

I have an upcoming flight with LH next month. The flights and fare classes are these:

1) LH 507, GRU - FRA (PE, booking fare N), on 07/FEB/2017

2) LH 1035, CDG - FRA (Eco Y) + LH 506, FRA - GRU (PE, booking fare N), on 26/02/2017.

For the first flight (LH 507 on 07/FEB,2017, I have bid an offer for an upgrade to Business (P), and have bid 575,00 EUR.

What are my chances to be upgraded to business for the first flight knowing that:

1) Bid range is from 535 EUR to 1015,00 EUR;
2) There are, apparently, 22 seats available in Business, according to a simulation I did today;
3) The flight departs in 18 days;
4) I have no status, just being Miles and More general member (blue card), with 23.716 award miles

I also know that at the check in counter at GRU, the LH agent normaly offers a paid upgrade for US$ 600,00 for the passenger with PE tickets (I know that because I was twice offered this price on my two previus flights from GRU to FRA.

Should I low down my bid, since 575 EUR is sligthly higher than the US$ 600,00 they offer at the check in counter?

I pretty much like the PE on LH, since I mostly travel in ECO, but on my last return fligh (FRA - GRU) in november I unexpectedly got an upgrade to Business at the last minute at the gate, without any explanation (and when I saw the red light, the "beep-beep" sound and the small print poping up from the boarding pass reader, I simply did not question why, LOL). So I think I got spoiled by LH to the point of needing more upgrades!

Unfortunatley, having booked the PE ticket with N class fare does not allow me to pay in advance for the upgrade.

Best regards!
LH507/07FEB looks rather empty:

Code:
>ad07febgrufra/alh507
AD07FEBGRUFRA/ALH507                                                            
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AD ** FRA FRANKFURT.DE              18 TU 07FEB 0000  
 1   LH 507  F3 AL J9 C9 D9 Z9 G9 /GRU 3 FRA 1  1945    1015+1E0/74H      11:30
             E9 N9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W5 SL                                   
>sm/1/c/v
SM LH 0507/C/07FEBGRUFRA/V                                                      
SM LH  0507  C 07FEB GRUFRA        74H                                          
         A  C     D  G     H  K                                                 
C  4     C  I     +  +     I  C    4  C                                         
   5     +  +     +  +     +  +    5                                            
   6     .  +     +  +     +  .    6                                            
   7     +  .     +  H     +  +    7                                            
   8     .  +     .  H     +  U    8                                            
   9     .  +     .  .     .  .    9                                            
  10 <   C  +     .  .     I  C  > 10                                           
  11 <   .  +     .  .     .  .  > 11                                           
         A  C     D  G     H  K                                                 

A  C     H  K                                                         
C 81 UP   /  /     +  /  UP 81 C                                                
  82      +  /     /  /     82                                                  
          A  C     H  K                                                         
. AVAILABLE   <> WING     F GEN FACI   K GALLEY   E EXIT    C COT               
+ OCCUPIED    - LAST OFF  H HANDICAP   Q QUIET    G GROUPS  P PET               
/ RESTRICTED  B BULKHEAD  V PREF.SEAT  X BLOCKED  L LEGROOM U UMNR              
() SMOKING    D DEPORTEE  UP UP-DECK   Z NO FILM  I INFANT  R REAR              
Y CHARGEABLE                                                                    
)>m
SM LH 0507/C/07FEBGRUFRA/V                                                      
  83      /  +     +  /     83                                                  
  84      +  +     +  +     84                                                  
  85      +  +     .  .     85                                                  
  86      +  +     .  .     86                                                  
  87      .  .     .  .     87                                                  
  88 UP   .  .     +  +  UP 88                                                  
          A  C     H  K                                                         

Y CHARGEABLE                                                                    
>sm/1/e/v
SM LH 0507/E/07FEBGRUFRA/V                                                      
SM LH  0507  E 07FEB GRUFRA        74H                                          
         A  B  C     D  E  F  G     H  J  K                                     
E 21 <E  /     /                    /     /  E> 21 E                            
  22 <               C  I  I  C               > 22                              
  23 <   +     +     .  .  .  +     +     +   > 23                              
  24 <   +     +     .  .  .  H     +     +   > 24                              
  25 <   +     +     +  .  .  H     +     +   > 25                              
         A  B  C     D  E  F  G     H  J  K                                     

Y CHARGEABLE                                                                    
>
I think your chances with the minimum bid are rather good.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:26 am

I think your chances with the minimum bid are rather good.
I disagree - I think no upgrade with a minimum bid unless Economy & Prem Economy are full or overbooked.

Following this thread, my GUESS is that the minimum bid is a way to get revenue for OPUPS, whereas in cases where there is no overbooking LH seems to have rejected minimum bids (likely in order to protect C revenue). See post 146 for an example.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:50 am

Sadly that doesn't work either. My colleague booked in L on LH443/2 this and last weekend failed to get into PE with the min bid on a clearly oversold Y cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.