Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 9:11 pm

I've gotten a FRA-IST for €99 which is for next month but can't seem to get anything to come up for a SIN-FRA on any option. No bid or buy now option seems to exist.

Does anyone know if it opens up later and closer to the flight? My flight is not until the end of June.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Grog
What's the lowest possible bid anyone has seen for TATL eco to business (skipping PE)? I'm currently seeing the option of bidding as low as $110. I think the lowest I've seen before was over $200...
My bid for business has now been mysteriously changed instead to a bid for PE for the same $110. What is going on with Lufthansa's IT lately? I can only guess that the system erroneously offered business for $110, but still, a bid is a bid. (Of course, the offer for business is now $780-$1390.)

Last edited by Grog; May 17, 2017 at 1:07 pm
Old May 17, 2017, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Grog
My bid for business has now been mysteriously changed instead to a bid for PE for the same $110. What is going on with Lufthansa's IT lately? I can only guess that the system erroneously offered business for $110, but still, a bid is a bid. (Of course, the offer for business is now $780-$1390.)
No point to be upset since that 'bid' (which is really all it was) wouldn't have been accepted anyway.

Let's face it: It's simply too low and pretty obvious.

On a side note, I find $110 not too bad even for Premium Economy. It appears the prices to Asia are almost double as high as to North America.
Old May 17, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
No point to be upset since that 'bid' (which is really all it was) wouldn't have been accepted anyway.

Let's face it: It's simply too low and pretty obvious.

On a side note, I find $110 not too bad even for Premium Economy. It appears the prices to Asia are almost double as high as to North America.
I'm irritated because of the collective IT issues. It was impossible to make seat reservations prior to check-in for the outbound. Then, for the return flight, it is possible to reserve seats, but the seat reservations dropped out 5 or 6 times. And then, this, with the upgrade bidding. All on one roundtrip. And no explanations why and no known cures.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Nic33
I contacted LH through the FTL line. Issue was known... But link is still not working.

Problem apparently solved, MyOffer is back online
Old May 18, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat
MyOffer versus Star Alliance mileage upgrade

I have made a bid under MyOffer for an upgrade from PE to Business for a TATL flight next week. I see under the T&Cs that I can cancel it up to 72 hours before the flight. If I am able to upgrade at T-72 or less using a *A mileage award I would like to take advantage of it. If I do so, will my MyOffer be canceled, since I will already be seated in Business Class? I would want to avoid paying twice for the upgrade.

Last edited by economyplusfan; May 18, 2017 at 9:07 pm
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:04 pm

Here's what I saw on a recent intraeuropean trip (FRA-BCN-FRA). A fixed price upgrade for 99 EUR was initially available on the outbound leg, but then several days before departure this option was no longer available (bidding was still available, but I did not bid). The flight went out with 5/10 seats taken in business class. I put in a bid for 60 EUR for an upgrade on the return flight, received an email just under 24 hours before departure that there was no upgrade available, and the flight went out with 9/10 seats taken in business class.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue, ANA
Got accepted for an offer from Eco (cheap K fare) to Eco premium for a FRA to HND segment.
My offer was 210€ (minimum bid was 205€ / fixed price upgrade was 299€).
For this 747-8 flight, I was left with the choice between middle seats in the central column, or exit row seats. I choose the later, window side (21A), despite not being a huge fan of the folding screen and people queuing for the lavatories. On the plus side, I will have no one reclining on me
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
I have an upcoming RT SJC-FRA in Y (booked in X), leaving in about a week, returning a bit over 2 weeks from now. Neither direction has either R or I availability.

On the outbound, it's showing J0/G0, so I presume that it's essentially pointless to bid unless I see something open up, though there's no downside to bidding.

On the return, it looks better, showing J2/P0 in business and G7/N3 in Y+. The offer range (either way) is $675-1360 to business, $225-680 to Y+.

Any thoughts/suggestions/speculation on either upgrade, either way? How much to offer, likelihood of it going through, etc.?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The Cityline A343 config to SJC has a super tiny C cabin, so chances will be pretty low, go for the PE bid.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
I'm Travelling TLV-FRA-BOG on the 16/7 in Y(M) and returning on the 21/7 in J(Z).

I'm thinking of trying MyOffer on the FRA-BOG leg, the minimum is currently 230USD

Loads are :
J3 C2 D1 Z0 P0 G0 E0 N0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0

a few questions,

1)Any way the minimum would go down ?
2)Do I have any chance of winning when bidding the minimum ?
3)I'm FTL, as I'm booked in M and the flight seems full, any chance of an op-up to PE?

Last edited by photographer2012; Jul 9, 2017 at 3:21 pm
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:07 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Upgrade Bid

not going to bid, question moot.

Last edited by sfo; Jun 27, 2017 at 12:16 pm
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: Bear Backers
Flying Wed Oct 25

Bid on Two Business seats. Traveling from SFO to Munich.Just wondering what my chances of getting the upgrade. Bid slightly over $500 per person. Would think maybe mid week would have a good chance but this is not an A380 but a smaller airbus.Am booked in Premium Economy, the mid fare which is partially refundable.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:20 pm

Unless you really have a 100% or 0% chance of getting through, any percentage will mean nothing, as you'll have to wait and see. Even more so, if the statistics are based on a small number of FTers who bid for an upgrade on that very same route, for a mid-week October flight, read your post and answered yes or no...
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
14.6%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.