Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:56 am

True but wouldn't O award space be consumed by waitlisted M&M upgrades/+P upgrades/MyOffer upgrades and then only the remaining space would actually show up as bookable O awards? I may be wrong - don't know LH systems that well.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:39 am

Declined payment

Sorry on mobile, couldn't do a proper search if this has been asked already.

I bid for upgrade for my MUC-BKK flight. I think my bid was accepted as I got a notification from my bank that a charge from Lufthansa was requested but got declined.

I have not receveid any email yet regarding the failure in payment.

Few questions:
1. Will I be able to change my card in their file? Or can I pay for the upgrade online? Apparently my bank can only process my online transaction if it goes thru OTP authentication.
2. If not, can I pay during checkin at the airport? I bid the minimum, so hopine I can pay the same (or lower)?

Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002

1100€ min bids for C awards in late summer to JNB
FRA-MEX is the same min bid next month. I got J with miles though if it makes any difference, only see a bid offer; no set price for a direct upgrade.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:10 am

Programs: LH SEN *
MUC BCN
Bid upgrade Economy Light L to Business was 80 EUR, I bid the minimum, upgrade successfully processed 2 days before the flight.
Upgraded flight in Business Class P.
​​​​​​Fixed upgrade price was twice as much.
​​​​
olm022, chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:33 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The load in the cabin has very little to do with the bid. LH hands plusgrade a certain amount of seats at T-72h. Plusgrade gives these away to the highest bidder and tells LH whom to upgrade.
Is it really only T-72 or are there later rounds of checks, too?

I would assume that the number of seats probably is in some way related to the load.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:23 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Thank you!!! My married segments have only ‘Z’, but the segment I want to upgrade does have ‘P.’ I assume it’d be ticketed in ‘P’, and no earning in Miles & Smiles.
My bid upgrade MUC BCN from Economy Light L to Business put me in Business Class P.
​​​​​
Old Apr 13, 2024, 11:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN
70€ bid upgrade accepted for a FRA - MUC feeder.

Looks like 12 rows of euro-J on an A321

Edit: just noticed it booked into Z, not P. I guess that was the lowest fare open at the time.

Last edited by supine; Apr 14, 2024 at 1:09 am
Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:00 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Red BP
Award I tix upgraded by My Offer for cash book into O.
It would often be more economical to book an O award instead if it is available since those My Offers are typically 1100€ or more.
Does this mean awards booked into X offer purchase upgrades with cash into I? Have a flight booked next month through United (if it matters) on a native LX number, but online just says "not eligible for changes, please contact the call center" or similar. Looking to bid/fixed-price upgrade this flight, hopefully, but not seeing anything.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 10:35 pm

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jcturnbull
Does this mean awards booked into X offer purchase upgrades with cash into I? Have a flight booked next month through United (if it matters) on a native LX number, but online just says "not eligible for changes, please contact the call center" or similar. Looking to bid/fixed-price upgrade this flight, hopefully, but not seeing anything.
I think this is possible only for LH-opetated flights. I have never been able to submit an offer for award flights that are operated by LX.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:37 pm

Bkk Muc bid upgrade

I booked an LH economy(k) flight from BKK to MUC. On the Lufthansa app, for a fixed price upgrade I have two choices of upgrade to Premium Eco or Business Class. For a bid upgrade, it shows only Premium Economy to me. Does that mean they don't allow bidding Eco to Business upgrade ?

If I successfully bid to upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy, is there a possibility to bid another upgrade on Premium Economy to Business?

This is at around T-32 days. If I wait, what are the chances that bid upgrade for Business Class will pop up?

Thank you very much for any input.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 10:44 am

Bid upgrade on Lufthansa

I booked an LH economy(k) flight from BKK to MUC. On the Lufthansa app, for a fixed price upgrade I have two choices of upgrade to Premium Economy or Business Class. For a bid upgrade, it shows only Premium Economy to me. Does that mean they don't allow bidding from my Economy to Business upgrade ?

If I successfully bid to upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy, is there a possibility to bid another upgrade on Premium Economy to Business later on?

This is at around T-32 days. If I wait, what are the chances that bid upgrade for Business Class will show up? I'm new to bid upgrade on Lufthansa.

Thank you very much for any input.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 8:35 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DCVA2019
I booked an LH economy(k) flight from BKK to MUC. On the Lufthansa app, for a fixed price upgrade I have two choices of upgrade to Premium Economy or Business Class. For a bid upgrade, it shows only Premium Economy to me. Does that mean they don't allow bidding from my Economy to Business upgrade ?

No, you can also bid to Business on the same page, but it's not very straightforward on how to change to bidding to a different class. Unfortunately, I have nowhere to look it up right now, but look around that page where you place the offer

If I successfully bid to upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy, is there a possibility to bid another upgrade on Premium Economy to Business later on?
No, as by the time the bids clear, bidding will be closed. In any case, you can only upgrade once.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by supine
They start processing them 72 hours before the flight departure.
Do they close all bids 72 hours before? I am looking to book flights and want to know if I will be able to Bid to Upgrade
Old Apr 25, 2024, 7:05 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by flieduk
Do they close all bids 72 hours before? I am looking to book flights and want to know if I will be able to Bid to Upgrade
They do.

If you book inside that window you might get an offer of a fixed price upgrade or you could try with miles/evouchers.

Cash upgrades might also be possible at check-in / at the gate but keep in mind those earn miles and points for your original cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.