Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2023, 2:38 pm

Hoping to bid and get a C -> F upgrade, but sometime too much of a good thing can be bad.
Is possible to alter the bid amount, cancel the bid, and/or change the credit card associated with the bid for only the return segment after the outbound has been flown?
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Hoping to bid and get a C -> F upgrade, but sometime too much of a good thing can be bad.
Is possible to alter the bid amount, cancel the bid, and/or change the credit card associated with the bid for only the return segment after the outbound has been flown?
Is it possible to alter the bid amount
Yes
Is it possible to cancel the bid
Yes
Is it possible to change the credit card associated with the bid
Yes, but I think you'd need to cancel the existing bid and make a new bid with another credit card
hydrogen likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 9:11 am

Is there a post with data points somewhere?

I am wondering if there's a stickied post or different thread with data points on successful upgrades/bids? I only have two data points that were weekend travel (I assume much busier) and this time i am flying ORD-FRA on the 14th of November (random Wednesday) and expert flyer shows +20 unoccupied business seats on the map and the following fare availability

F4 A4 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 G9 E9 N9 Y9 B9M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9

Trying to figure out if I should bid the minimum...
Old Nov 7, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: LH SEN *
If I bid, I always bid the minimum
Grog, chris63, hugolover and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 1:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA PremSilver
Originally Posted by pizzatriscuits
I am wondering if there's a stickied post or different thread with data points on successful upgrades/bids? I only have two data points that were weekend travel (I assume much busier) and this time i am flying ORD-FRA on the 14th of November (random Wednesday) and expert flyer shows +20 unoccupied business seats on the map and the following fare availability

F4 A4 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 G9 E9 N9 Y9 B9M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9

Trying to figure out if I should bid the minimum...
I second that question about a thread for data points. I've seen a lot of people who won't bid over the minimum, but the data points that are available tell the story of how minimum bids are not always successful. If your level of desire is pretty high, then bidding above the minimum makes sense. I'd recommend looking at the thread for paid upgrades to see if your route appears in there. It might give you an idea of how low the price ever goes, and then you might consider hedging in between that number and the minimum bid.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Ceasars Diamond
I always bid $20-$30 more than the minimum because I know so many people bid the minimum. I'd hate to not get it for $20!
Old Nov 14, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Ceasars Diamond
LH upgrade vs minimum bid

I know the upgrade now price fluctuates but what about the minimum for the PlusGrade bid? The few times I've looked it has been the same. Wondering if there is any trick to waiting or if 5 days before , 7 days before it could go lower? Thanks
Old Nov 15, 2023, 2:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Plusgrade doesn't mess with the min bid. The 'upgrade now' fixed price varies with the availability of the lowest booking class of the cabin.
JimSF and Fennario like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:21 pm

Apologies if this has been asked before — I did try a search before asking. If I pay the fee for a long-haul economy XL seat and later win a bid for upgrade into premium economy or business, is the XL seat fee refunded?
Old Nov 17, 2023, 1:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
ASR are usually not refunded for volontary changes (like upgrades).
Old Nov 24, 2023, 8:23 pm

Dominick

What’s the best way to bid for an upgrade on Lufthansa long haul flights and when should I do it? Especially if I want to get the best price.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 12:16 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
The best way is to pay up the fare difference to business class, that's the only method that guarantees you a seat 🤣

For bidding, there's no "best" way. It only matters if at T-48 there are unsold business seats, and they're made available for Plusgrade upgrades. If they are, your offer "just" has to be higher than anybody else's. Sometimes it will be a little above minimum bid, sometimes it will be just as high as walk-up upgrade at the airport. Nobody has the crystal ball to figure out what it will be.
moondog, chris63, athome and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Any data points for FRA-RUH or the return from regular economy?
Going to is an afternoon flight. Coming back is an overnight flight.
Currently getting an offer for $180USD each way to PE. $1150 to Biz outbound, and $750 return
I don't really have any idea what a good price is considering I got FRA-DXB less than two years ago upgrading from Economy to Business for $199USD

Last edited by eng3; Dec 3, 2023 at 5:38 pm
Old Dec 3, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Datapoint

MUC to EWR
booked cheap Economy Light. ($400 round trip)
originally placed bid upgrade at minimum $575

Right before 60 hours out I checked seat map and only 4 business class seats available. New minimum bid was $595. Bid $645 and at exactly 60 hours out received email my bid was successful. Flight is sold out and I’m lucky to upgrade the in laws since my FIL is 83 .
Old Dec 4, 2023, 7:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, TK Elite, FB Silver
any recent information on mileage accrual with bid to upgrade? LH states that mileage gained might be same or higher to primary booking class?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.