Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2023, 1:05 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
So arriving in F and transferring to a flight in J would give me full F ground service in ZRH ?
Old Dec 27, 2023, 1:23 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
So arriving in F and transferring to a flight in J would give me full F ground service in ZRH ?
Yes. As a F arriving passenger, you will be met at the jet bridge and taken to passport and security control via a mini van. Then you can access FCL/A by presenting your F boarding pass. If your ZRh-BUD flight departs from a remote position, you will be driven to the plane.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:21 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
What I am reading is that the FCL A is much less interesting than the FCL E, notably it does not have a day room. For both legs I have a layover of 6 hours, and it seems to me to maximize the experience using the FCL E is much more interesting than the A one (for context, I have flown F precisely once, and this was with JL, so I am looking more at the inspirational aspect than the practical one).
Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by fransknorge
What I am reading is that the FCL A is much less interesting than the FCL E, notably it does not have a day room. For both legs I have a layover of 6 hours, and it seems to me to maximize the experience using the FCL E is much more interesting than the A one (for context, I have flown F precisely once, and this was with JL, so I am looking more at the inspirational aspect than the practical one).
Yes, you should opt out of the F van & do transfer security in E & go to E FCL, then take the train to A for your flight to BUD, 45 minutes before because you need to enter Schengen in A. If your flight is not boarding you can go to FCLA
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Successful bid GIG-FRA

Bid $10 above minimum bid from Economy (V) to PE for a total of $170/pax (3 pax) which cleared into E.

Happy with that as a cheap way to get an extra 6k tier miles into A3. The flight was full as well both in Y and PE, and got excellent service from crew, including fetching proper champagne from J galley, so an extra bonus.
romans likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 2:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

1100€ min bids for C awards in late summer to JNB
Old Jan 12, 2024, 3:25 am

Programs: LH Sen****, Hertz PC, HHonors Diamond, IHG Pt
Originally Posted by oliver2002

1100€ min bids for C awards in late summer to JNB
I saw same on South America routes Nov/Dec 23.
Do these bids beat O upsell waitlists or what is the pecking order for:
1) O upsell waitlist from I award
2) O upgrade with either miles or eVoucher from revenue fares probably ranked by JCDZP
3) A class
4) O paid bid from I
5) paid bid from revenue BC
Obviously SEN/HON weighs into WL priority as well

Last edited by Red BP; Jan 12, 2024 at 3:28 am Reason: forgot something
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Red BP
I saw same on South America routes Nov/Dec 23.
Do these bids beat O upsell waitlists or what is the pecking order for:
1) O upsell waitlist from I award
2) O upgrade with either miles or eVoucher from revenue fares probably ranked by JCDZP
3) A class
4) O paid bid from I
5) paid bid from revenue BC
Obviously SEN/HON weighs into WL priority as well

Plusgrade doesn't see/participate in any ranking, they just receive a notification from LH revenue management that they are allowed to 'sell' x number of seats at T-72h and issue the upgrades.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:32 am

Programs: LH Sen****, Hertz PC, HHonors Diamond, IHG Pt
ok that looks like Plusgrade get their seats at T-72h "after the fact" from LH RM.
At that time they can issue those upgrades and take seats away from any pending miles or eVoucher upgrades.
Hence LH RM must have done any ranking and O upgrades beforehand, so the question of the pecking order sits there?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:39 am

At roughly T-72 the RM work ends and the flight goes into airport control. So if they want to upgrade you and clear the waitlist, its the last point to do that. Once things go into airport control the duty/flight manager takes a look at the grading list when starting their shift and decides to give away the waitlisted seats or hold some back to see if there are misconnects etc. If RM has given the seats to Plusgrade to clear some bids, then those were commercially better ranked than upgrades or award waitlists. I suppose the min bid is that commercial value (minus some commission that plusgrade charges).
Red BP, RafKa and Vixit like this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 6:39 am

Programs: LH HON**
Some time ago, I placed a bid slightly above minimum for an upgrade from C (D) to F. Out of curiosity today I clicked “Update bid” and see that I can’t go any lower, only maintain my bid or go higher.

Can updates only be higher by design? Or does this mean that the new minimum has moved upwards, to the level that I offered or even higher, due to sales?

Flight is three months out and is
F2 A0 J9 C1 D0 Z0 P0
Old Jan 12, 2024, 6:57 am

Bidding for an upgrade with Lufthansa Airlines to business class

I am aware of bidding for an upgrade to business class on Lufthansa’s mobile app site. However, is it possible to bid for a lower price at the airport desk in larger cities in person, and if so which desks at the airport, have the authority to allow an upgrade?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 7:02 am

You can ask for upgrades at checkin at a fixed price, no bidding.
Dominick8529 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 8:31 am

Bidding

Thank you for the reply. However, is it possible to bid a price lower than what is listed on the my offer section of the Lufthansa app?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 8:36 am

Bid: no. They have fixed prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.