gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Domestic Germany seems to be 45-150€ bids:

View Screen Capture
Thanks for the brilliant info, Oliver2002! ^
Old May 29, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: TK *G, UA, AS
Sharing recent accepted PE bids (2 seats each, originally booked in K, quoting per-seat prices):

1. May 5 SIN-FRA US$330 (bidding range $255-685). The sign was still up at SIN checkin desks advertising PE upgrades for S$350 (~US$260). Decided against a lower bid with checkin upgrade as "plan B" in case LH filled all PE seats from bids -- seatmap was showing 13 available PE seats 3.5 days in advance. Onboard there were a few empty PE seats, and Y looked relatively full.

2. May 20 FRA-SIN US$310 (bidding range $230-705). On Apr 14, LH site was offering the fixed price upgrade option for S$450 (~US$330) with 34 available PE seats on the seatmap. On Apr 24, the fixed price upgrade option was gone with 28 available PE seats on the seatmap. Onboard there were a few empty PE seats; I didn't walk through Y, so I don't know how full it was.

Final thoughts: I was pleased with the LH PE product, and I found it good value for money on this route, especially with the change to N class earning 100% mileage on many partners vs. 0% in my originally booked K class.
Old May 29, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: A3 Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ASELdriver
Sharing recent accepted PE bids (2 seats each, originally booked in K, quoting per-seat prices):
Thanks, really useful info with the bid ranges. Just made an offer for an upcoming HKG-FRA flight in June, will report back.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, HH Diamond
HKG - FRA upgrade from V to PE:

USD 355 accepted. Original bid range: 245-670.

Probably overbid a little - there were abt 15-20 empty seats in PE 4 days before the flight - but was keen on getting it for my status requalification.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN
ORD-MUC later this week - myOffer was ranging between €635 and ~€1050, from PE 'N' to Business.

I was also able to get a direct cash upgrade for €649 into Z (from N). In the end, and for the sake of a good nights sleep I took the confirmed upgrade into Z.

Now that I've completed the upgrade via the upgrade button, the myOffer link on the booking overview is gone.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:01 pm

I have long haul flights booked in Premium Economy through Travelocity with ticket numbers starting with 220. The United website confirmation shows we are in class N and earning UA miles. I'm wondering if we try a myOffer to get into Business class, will we lose, still earn same amount, or earn more miles and PQD, than staying in PE?

I'd also be interested in upgrading and paying upfront without bidding but the website says no upgrades available. Although there are Tons of seats shown as available. Is this perhaps because I booked through a third party?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:52 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by cotomom
I have long haul flights booked in Premium Economy through Travelocity with ticket numbers starting with 220. The United website confirmation shows we are in class N and earning UA miles. I'm wondering if we try a myOffer to get into Business class, will we lose, still earn same amount, or earn more miles and PQD, than staying in PE?
Look at the FAQ for the bidding process to see which booking class you will end up with if your bid is accepted. You will earn miles according to the new booking class.

Originally Posted by cotomom
I'd also be interested in upgrading and paying upfront without bidding but the website says no upgrades available. Although there are Tons of seats shown as available. Is this perhaps because I booked through a third party?
This can only be done if offered through the LH website. The booking class will be different compared to the bidding process. You can look up the booking class under <LH website>->"My Bookings"->"Upgrade Options".

HTB.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by htb
Look at the FAQ for the bidding process to see which booking class you will end up with if your bid is accepted. You will earn miles according to the new booking class.

This can only be done if offered through the LH website. The booking class will be different compared to the bidding process. You can look up the booking class under <LH website>->"My Bookings"->"Upgrade Options".

HTB.
This is what I found and I am in fare class N already so unsure what happens in my situation.

To which booking class will I be rebooked?
The target booking class depends on the booking class of your original booking:
•Y, B and M will be rebooked to G
•U, H, Q and V will be rebooked to E
•W, S, T, L, K and X will be rebooked to N

Under my bookings it lists "An upgrade to a higher cabin is not available." so unsure why they wouldn't accept more money from me ahead of time.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:00 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
It seems the fare class information for MyOffer for upgrades to Business is indeed missing. It books into Z when buying for a fixed price, though.

HTB.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:17 pm

Thank you htb!
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:22 am

A myoffer upgrade from PE to Business books into P (at least if your original booking class is N)
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: Miles and More, IHG, ANA Mileage Club, Hilton Honors
I made a bid for a MUC-HND flight, from economy to premium economy. The fixed upgrade on LH's site was 329€. I proposed 305$ (or 278€), the bidding range was 290$-...?
My bid was accepted. I am rebooked into N.
Now try LH's PE!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:49 am

Dunno if this is the right thread, but my 60E plusgrade bid for OSL-FRA (LH861) for today got accepted.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Domestic Germany seems to be 45-150€ bids:
For some reason I have been invited to bid for upgrades in USD. Domestic Germany appears to be between $55 and $170 (€49-151), while non-domestic is between $70 and $200 (€62-178). Compare the price ranges with fixed price upgrades of €79 and €99 which are also available.
x
Attached Images  
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can change the currency on the top right corner of the page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.