Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Originally Posted by RutgerL
Seems you were lucky there, Arnur ^
I also have a €235 bid for JNB - FRA, I hope it will clear too. I don't have any status however, so not hoping for a bump to C.
Yes, I know. Two operational upgrades to long-haul business class on one ticket is a very decent outcome. Having said that, I thought PE looked fairly decent and it is a very long flight from SA, so every minute of sleep counts.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 4:34 am

Premium Economy is the place to be if the flight is overbooked in Economy. There are so few PE seats, that an op-up is very likely even without status (especially during the summer when economy is typically overbooked, as it is a light period for business travel).
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold, Marriott platinum, IHG gold
LH 498 FRA-MEX, 2 days ago, flight was half empty, I was at the gate upgrading from economy (S) to business (I) with e-vouchers when they announced upgrade from economy to premium economy possible for 299 euros. I had a feeling nobody applied
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by 8420PR
Premium Economy is the place to be if the flight is overbooked in Economy. There are so few PE seats, that an op-up is very likely even without status (especially during the summer when economy is typically overbooked, as it is a light period for business travel).
What's the algorithm? Status first or by booking class?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:41 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
booking class
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by 8420PR
That principle worked against us on our two last PE flights. Boarding happened in three waves with us PE *G arriving first, then 5 minutes later the paid PE flock. Then long nothing .. and then just before closing the door, the remaining 2/3rd of the PE seats with folks who neither were familiar with the cabin nor where their seats ought to be. So the ug pressure from the completely oversold Y (I marched the Y cabins for assurance) was indeed high and PE was filled to the very last seat. Still we were not in the loop for an ug.

I feel that LH too lightheartedly devalues the integrity with these massive opups but there is very little that can and will be done about it. In the light of the massively dropped PE fares, I guess one has to accept to share it with the folks from Y.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I do hope you are not one of those folks who thinks they are better than the unwashed masses because they got their company to pay for Y+.
After all, what is LH supposed to do, leave those who checked in too late with Y on the ground, while better cabins are wide open?

At the same time, I do hope that people in Y were not upped past you into J as well, that would not be classy.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk

At the same time, I do hope that people in Y were not upped past you into J as well, that would not be classy.
Most likely - why would they do 2 upgrades when they can solve it in one step....
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I could kind of close one eye when not-quite-discounted Y ends up more expensive than quite-a-bit-discounted Y+, but then again, you get two happy customers for the price of one.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I do hope you are not one of those folks who thinks they are better than the unwashed masses because they got their company to pay for Y+.
Keep hoping and praying, both are very effective tools to get the world order imposed you desire for. And best of all, they won't hurt anyone else.

And as we all know, booking class is entirely based on how much a person is worth, it has nada to do with the fare you have purchased. So all those double upgrades merited their ascent, don't you question the gods airlines for their seemingly wanton decisions.
After all, what is LH supposed to do, leave those who checked in too late with Y on the ground, while better cabins are wide open?
No. Like abusive or entitled or DYKWIA passengers, the airline should promote tardiness and upgrade late passenger too.
That will maintain the healthy and pleasant climate at the airports.
Why? Maybe they were better than me or at least worth it.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:00 am

My €215 bid for JNB - FRA got accepted looking forward to trying PE.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
LH 796 FRA HKG 13Sep. Bid USD250 (lowest possible). Declined one day out. Looks like Y class is only about 60% full.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Smile Bid accepted JFK-MUC, 8/31/15

A data point. Two economy seats booked in T. Submitted a $255 per seat bid for Premium Economy. Upgraded approximately 24 hours before the flight to "N".

Op-uped at check-in to Business! Nice flight. We have no status on Lufthansa.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 7:42 pm

After 4 PE flights ... I have never seen or been fed a MyOffer from PE to Biz. From paid PE that is not upgraded PE.

Did anyone here get this?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:27 pm

cash PE upgrade on UA codeshare - change K to N?

Hi LH experts --

I have an LH flight tomorrow from FRA to JFK, booked as a UA codeshare in K class. I didn't know when the agent booked it that this would not earn any UA PQMs. I saw on another thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...n-flights.html) that when you pay at check in for a business class upgrade, LH actually changes your fare class, so you get the higher mileage credit.

Does anyone know if that would also hold true for a UA ticketed codeshare? I would buy up just to get the PQMs. Otherwise, I will switch to a UA-operated flight.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.