Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nic33
I do not believe that there is any ice on LH/LX shorthaul. I consistently ask, but am always told that there is none.
Never had a problem getting Ice on LH intra EU
mmff likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:11 am

Could just be that no ice is catered for breakfast flights, not a lot of Europeans take Coke for breakfast. I recall getting ice in my G&T during evening flights last month.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
They had ice today on an afternoon flight.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:44 pm

Lufthansa LAX-FRA A340 and FRA-LAX A380

Hi everyone,

I'm flying LAX-FRA in a couple of weeks on the A340 and FRA-LAX on the A380. I've watched numerous youtube reviews and read numerous articles but can't seem to decide which seat in the 2-2-2 configuration on both planes is the better option.

1) I've seen reviews that have two different window seat configs: one where the window seat has extra storage near the window and the feet of the bed are completely separate vs the other where the feet of the beds are together and separated by a small partition. Can anyone confirm which config is the correct one?

2) I've seen reviews that state the bulkhead is better and more spacious but didn't see a big difference in the videos I watched (and the screen looked smaller). If the leg room is separated on the window, climbing over a neighbor doesn't seem as terrible. The middle 2 seats in the 2-2-2 definitely have the partition and read several reviews of people who stated they were too close for comfort to their neighbor and they even touched knees often while sleeping. However, you do get the direct aisle access here...

For the A380:

1) Same questions as #1 above however I *think* that the window is definitely the separated foot areas from what I've seen but would be great to confirm.

I usually prefer windows but the thought of stepping over someone isn't super appealing. The flight is already about 70% full in business so I imagine it will be close to full.

Thanks for any input!
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:00 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by claurenzo
Hi everyone,

I'm flying LAX-FRA in a couple of weeks on the A340 and FRA-LAX on the A380. I've watched numerous youtube reviews and read numerous articles but can't seem to decide which seat in the 2-2-2 configuration on both planes is the better option.

1) I've seen reviews that have two different window seat configs: one where the window seat has extra storage near the window and the feet of the bed are completely separate vs the other where the feet of the beds are together and separated by a small partition. Can anyone confirm which config is the correct one?

2) I've seen reviews that state the bulkhead is better and more spacious but didn't see a big difference in the videos I watched (and the screen looked smaller). If the leg room is separated on the window, climbing over a neighbor doesn't seem as terrible. The middle 2 seats in the 2-2-2 definitely have the partition and read several reviews of people who stated they were too close for comfort to their neighbor and they even touched knees often while sleeping. However, you do get the direct aisle access here...

For the A380:

1) Same questions as #1 above however I *think* that the window is definitely the separated foot areas from what I've seen but would be great to confirm.

I usually prefer windows but the thought of stepping over someone isn't super appealing. The flight is already about 70% full in business so I imagine it will be close to full.

Thanks for any input!
Check the seatmaps for A346 and A380 on LH.com.

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Seat-maps_A340-600

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Seat-maps_A380-800

As you will see both have C seats which are arranged: \ \ _ / \ _ / /
Only the middle pairs are so-called “footsie” seats sharing a footwell with a partition but the seats are further apart than the window pairs.

If you check the thread your post has been moved to you may find more info about business seats on the A346 and A380.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Didn’t get any pajama top or mattress pad SEA-FRA. The product is certainly acceptable, and is definitely a better ride to Europe than BA, but definitely sucks for a solo traveler.

I have an upcoming FRA-SEA on an A330. Any seat suggestions?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Didn’t get any pajama top or mattress pad SEA-FRA. The product is certainly acceptable, and is definitely a better ride to Europe than BA, but definitely sucks for a solo traveler.

I have an upcoming FRA-SEA on an A330. Any seat suggestions?
EDIT: Misread and thought you were flying the A350, which is what the below applies to. Disregard!

I like the bulkhead row in the mini cabin. 7AC or 7HK. On my last two rides (YVR-MUC and MUC-DEN), I lucked out in having an empty seat next to me both ways.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:08 am

Flying next April from MUC to ORD on LH434. After being told initially that there was no chance of upgrading from Econ to Business, I got a different answer earlier this week and am confirmed in J.

After first assigned to an A359, this flight is currently assigned to an A346. I take it that experiences are similar across the A330's, A340's and A350's? Currently in 3H/K but based on previous replies, it sounds like the bulkhead is nothing special and may have a smaller footwell, at that. Instead, a seat towards the back of the forward section may be preferable as it gets food earlier (this despite being closer to the bathrooms). Is that all correct?

I'm flying with the fiancé on a daytime flight so I'm less concerned about aisle access or sleep. Just looking to enjoy the 10hr flight as best I can.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:14 am

I was really disappointed with LH’s “new” J. In the future I’m going to try taking any other *A partner in J. Even UA has the Polaris lounge, and if you’re lucky enough to get the new seats it’s so much better than LH. In fact if you measure up literally all international *A and non *A carriers, LH’s J isn’t competitive. The only reason to take it would be convenience and the need to get to Germany fast.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:20 am

I was really disappointed with LH’s “new” J. In the future I’m going to try taking any other *A partner in J. Even UA has the Polaris lounge, and if you’re lucky enough to get the new seats it’s so much better than LH. In fact if you measure up literally all international *A and non *A carriers, LH’s J isn’t competitive. The only reason to take it would be convenience and the need to get to Germany fast.
Well, it is not so new anymore after all and will be replaced soon. For single travellers, the current LH J product is not ideal, as I have been saying all along, but other than that LH seems to be somehow competitive, as the J cabin seems to be full most of the time. And you get the same lounges whether you take LH or UA in J, so not really a difference there.

And, at least the seats (which are not so bad) and the seating arrangements (which are not so good for single travellers) are consistent. No "if you're lucky enough to get the new seats" gamble, but the same seats on all long-haul aircraft.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Well, it is not so new anymore after all and will be replaced soon. For single travellers, the current LH J product is not ideal, as I have been saying all along, but other than that LH seems to be somehow competitive, as the J cabin seems to be full most of the time. And you get the same lounges whether you take LH or UA in J, so not really a difference there.

And, at least the seats (which are not so bad) and the seating arrangements (which are not so good for single travellers) are consistent. No "if you're lucky enough to get the new seats" gamble, but the same seats on all long-haul aircraft.
Actually the only time I’ve tried it is with a traveling buddy from SEA-FRA, so I didn’t have to sit next to a stranger. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been traveling alone. I was comparing it to every J product I’ve tried (which is just about all of them). I thought the seats were terrible, the food was bad, and the service was robotic. It just had a lot to be desired. We were on our way to Oktoberfest, so I didn’t really care since we wanted to get there directly, which I usually go out of my not to do since I love flying. But LH J compared to literally any other J cabin (with the exception of maybe BA) is not competitive, and I would not redeem miles for it.

And frankly the only reason their J cabins are probably always so full is because they give out so much award redemption to Europe, and they can make up for it by charging sky high fuel surcharges. My *A miles aren’t going towards LH business class unless I’m in a rush to be somewhere in Germany.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Nov 17, 2018 at 3:44 pm
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Any feedback on seat 3H on the A346?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:02 am

Actually the only time I’ve tried it is with a traveling buddy from SEA-FRA, so I didn’t have to sit next to a stranger. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been traveling alone. I was comparing it to every J product I’ve tried (which is just about all of them). I thought the seats were terrible, the food was bad, and the service was robotic. It just had a lot to be desired. We were on our way to Oktoberfest, so I didn’t really care since we wanted to get there directly, which I usually go out of my not to do since I love flying. But LH J compared to literally any other J cabin (with the exception of maybe BA) is not competitive, and I would not redeem miles for it.

And frankly the only reason their J cabins are probably always so full is because they give out so much award redemption to Europe, and they can make up for it by charging sky high fuel surcharges. My *A miles aren’t going towards LH business class unless I’m in a rush to be somewhere in Germany.
I guess they do not primarily target your *A miles anyway. Personal preferences, no doubt, differ, but you tried it once and can pass judgement that it is all bad? I have some problems with LH's current J product, too, and I have not tried all J products (as you said you did), but would find it hard to say that it is the worst product out there. Even with my apparently much more limited experience than yours, I could name quite a few J products and airlines that I find much less desirable to fly on. It sounds like you have some kind of axe to grind with LH.

And no, J is not so full because LH gives out "so much award redemption to Europe", LH is actually quite stingy.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Any feedback on seat 3H on the A346?
What do you want to know?

I prefer K (window) for day flights, but H is good for overnight flights. Row 3 is very quiet as the galley of the F cabin is in front of row 1 and the galley and lavatories of the J cabin are behind row 7.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: LX SEN

LH J hard product is consistent on all its longhaul fleet, which is an exception in the industry. Seats are ok to my view. It is more a matter of personal taste. Food is never great in the sky due to inflight constraints, atltitude etc. But it is true that LH often serves a weird kind of desert (industrial ice-cream). Unlike the opinion expressed here, I believe that LH's service is very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.