Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status STARS [2013-2023]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Since most of you have much experience, do you guys think that given the recent "enhancements" (so basically telling all non-corporate Y customers go F yourself) other airlines/alliances will be offering a lot of status matches/ qualification fast tracks next year?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I hope they complement meilenrechner.com by a new website www.sternrechner.com. Better be quick and register it. You may be able to sell it to LH afterwards
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by outgoing
Since most of you have much experience, do you guys think that given the recent "enhancements" (so basically telling all non-corporate Y customers go F yourself) other airlines/alliances will be offering a lot of status matches/ qualification fast tracks next year?
No need. They are getting the customers anyway. The push away from Lufthansa has been well enough orchestrated but the Lufthansa marketing department that it would be very difficult for a competitor to do a better job.

FYI- my colleague did get an EK fast track qualification- once he got annoyed enough with LH he asked our TA to book all the rest of his flights for the year on EK to CAN, HKG, and BKK- and as a result she called EK and they instantly gave him gold.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Rambuster
They should have just introduced million miler status like most US based airlines and thrown in some soft perks.
LH wouldn't dare to do it
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Only FTL tags without the leather cover can show off their stars. ^
Makes me looking forward to my upcoming demotion in March next year!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB platinum, BAEC bronze
Originally Posted by Rambuster
They should have just introduced million miler status like most US based airlines and thrown in some soft perks.
such as an extra cushion when flying NEK ...
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Goldpointsplus Gold Elite
Great idea!

Finally some good news! I will get 1,9 stars! Wow!!!

As Long as they do not send me a new credit card, because of this it is OK. I would hate to Register a new Card at 99 online retailers!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:21 pm

My (not so) educated guess is that the stars will be matching the color of the card and the current "ridges" ( for lack of better work) delineating the crane shape, just in a different shade. Silver on silver, gold on gold and NOTHING on the black card!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by cricketrun
My (not so) educated guess is that the stars will be matching the color of the card and the current "ridges" ( for lack of better work) delineating the crane shape, just in a different shade. Silver on silver, gold on gold and NOTHING on the black card!
Yes why using stars when they could use their own Quetzalcoatlus as a symbol? The little vulture would at least be somewhat original.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
I don't mean to be overly maudlin, but do you think anybody at Lufthansa thought about the historical significance of "status" stars in Germany?

Let's hope they refrain from using yellow stars...
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by weero
Yes why using stars when they could use their own Quetzalcoatlus as a symbol? The little vulture would at least be somewhat original.
A great suggestion. LH is usually very protective of their brand and proud of their crane logo (perhaps the best thing that ever came out of HfG Ulm).

Do you suppose LH believes enough in this silly stars idea to put their own image behind it?

Or never mind that, do they at least maybe believe enough to explain what they hope to accomplish with these stars?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by N1003U
..Do you suppose LH believes enough in this silly stars idea to put their own image behind it?..
The very opposite. They obviously smells that it may look silly and make customers suspicious and hence they don't waste the Yellow Golden Goose on it ...

Of course the right action would have been to drop it. But if they printed anything on the card it should be silver, golden, or Osmium vultures.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
No need. They are getting the customers anyway. The push away from Lufthansa has been well enough orchestrated but the Lufthansa marketing department that it would be very difficult for a competitor to do a better job.

FYI- my colleague did get an EK fast track qualification- once he got annoyed enough with LH he asked our TA to book all the rest of his flights for the year on EK to CAN, HKG, and BKK- and as a result she called EK and they instantly gave him gold.
No need for an EK Gold. My QF-Plat gives Lounge access to the F-Lounge in DXB. Had a nice experience this week.
QF-F-Lounge in MEL and EK-F-Lounge in DXB. I like the direct boarding from the lounge.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
No news

November issue of Exclusive magazine is online but nothing we didn't know about already (except perhaps the last sentence...)

Zusätzliche Anerkennung für langjährige Statuskunden

Eine besondere Neuerung erwartet die Miles & More Teilnehmer mit langjähriger Statuszugehörigkeit: die Verleihung von Status Stars. Diese Sterne veredeln künftig die Miles & More Servicekarten und Kofferanhänger von Frequent Travellern, Senatoren und HON Circle Membern. Die Anzahl der Sterne richtet sich nach der Anzahl der Tage, an denen Sie Statuskunde bei Miles & More waren oder sind. Dabei entspricht ein Tag als Frequent Traveller einem Punkt, ein Tag als Senator zwei Punkten und ein Tag als HON Circle Member drei Punkten. Ab 5 000 erreichten Punkten wird ein Stern vergeben, ab 10 000 Punkten erhalten Sie zwei Sterne, ab 15 000 Punkten drei Sterne usw. Ihre Sterne werden übrigens auch in Ihrer persönlichen Online Statuslounge angezeigt.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:26 am

I don't think LH will exhange our frequent flier or credit cards.

It is most likely that all lounge staff will receive something like this

http://www.amazon.de/HEYDA-Motiv-Loc...dp/B00CSX361M/

And wow, someone already registered http://www.sternrechner.com/ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.