Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status STARS [2013-2023]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Bloomberg is even harsher: puts Missouri's Trulaske College of Business at number 56 in last year's US ranking

But let's look on the bright side: it's the cheapest of the low-cost MBA's....

To complete your MBA ......without the burden of significant debt is a liberating and rare phenomenon in today’s world.

... and they put a good spin on it!
I recommend the American University of London, as presumably recognised by HRH Tony Blair
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by N1003U
Yes, Dr. Huber actually stated words to the effect that the fact that FTL/SEN/HON credentials were successfully being sold on eBay shows that there is a market value on the recognition of status, and they wanted to provide some extra recognition...
Several FTers and VFTers have already adjusted their sigs and profiles to reflect the number of expected stars on their new cards.

And LH will no doubt receive numerous requests for early card replacement by those currently holding status until 2015.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
But all I would have to do to score an op-up over other elites is have no LH status (as of Feb) and book a higher fare class in the future?

(Forget the status stars...! (Sorry guys - I had to rub it in...))
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
But all I would have to do to score an op-up over other elites is have no LH status (as of Feb) and book a higher fare class in the future?

(Forget the status stars...! (Sorry guys - I had to rub it in...))
Sad, but perhaps not so far from the truth...
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:54 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
And LH will no doubt receive numerous requests for early card replacement by those currently holding status until 2015.
Did they not mention the possibility to opting out if people don't want stars on their card?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Did they not mention the possibility to opting out if people don't want stars on their card?
Thank you
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by hugolover
I recommend the American University of London, as presumably recognized by HRH Tony Blair
There are plenty of institutions in the US doing the same thing
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, it looks like one will have a choice of having stars printed on your card and luggage tag. At least that was the impression got when Mr Koch talked about this.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:13 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Yes, it looks like one will have a choice of having stars printed on your card and luggage tag.
I am still not getting it!!! What are the benefits of having stars on my HON card and luggage tags?? What I am getting in lieu for these stars
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am still not getting it!!! What are the benefits of having stars on my HON card and luggage tags?? What I am getting in lieu for these stars
Nothing. They are supposed to make you feel warm and fuzzy!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Nothing. They are supposed to make you feel warm and fuzzy!
Other than a new card turning up with a star or stars, is their meant to be a way of tracking our 'fuzzyness' ?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
After much thought and deliberation it appears that it can only be a "mine is bigger than yours" type of benefit.

Now- what I have just considered is that perhaps similar to the car companies- they will charge you NOT to print the Stars on your card thus upping ancillary revenue (similar to how you can pay the big German automakers for the option of not having the make/model/series/motor etc be labelled on the back and sides of your car).
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
Originally Posted by N1003U
I wasn't taking notes just then--TRAVELSIG and I were in the process of ordering fresh drinks and being astounded by the comment.
Can't blame you. Upon hearing something so ridiculous I'd get myself more than one drink .
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Now- what I have just considered is that perhaps similar to the car companies- they will charge you NOT to print the Stars on your card thus upping ancillary revenue (similar to how you can pay the big German automakers for the option of not having the make/model/series/motor etc be labelled on the back and sides of your car).
Why did not you come up with this idea at the event? I am sure Mr. Spohr had liked it
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by totti
Why did not you come up with this idea at the event? I am sure Mr. Spohr had liked it
I believe the old saying is something such as "Don't provide your hangman with the rope....."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.