Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status STARS [2013-2023]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by N1003U
Anyone have a more direct quote? I wasn't taking notes just then--TRAVELSIG and I were in the process of ordering fresh drinks and being astounded by the comment.
Ordering drinks? So that was what was going on in the back?

When asked if there would be any tangible benefits he didn't say that an intern or their head of marketing (ex-FB) had come up with the idea. He said something like 'customers have asked for them'. When he saw a room full of he added that he'd seen HON and SEN luggage tags sold on eBay and even old HON cards and that people were apparently prepared to pay good money.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
(similar to how you can pay the big German automakers for the option of not having the make/model/series/motor etc be labelled on the back and sides of your car).
I think that's mostly a no-cost option, isn't it?
They could sell the option of card customization with carrier logo - pay up or you end up with LH/LX/OS/SN/LO/Whaterver did loose your bagagge the most times.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:43 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
And LH will no doubt receive numerous requests for early card replacement by those currently holding status until 2015.
After I receive a card with probably two stars I plan to write to LH if it wouldn't be possible to exchange the two stars with two evouchers because I don't have any need for stars
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:47 pm
htb

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
When he saw a room full of he added that he'd seen HON and SEN luggage tags sold on eBay and even old HON cards and that people were apparently prepared to pay good money.
My suggestion: LH should start selling HON and SEN luggage tags on ebay and use the profits to upgrade HONs and SENs before booking class. They might even be able to ask for a premium if they print stars on these cards...

HTB.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:47 pm
htb

duplicate
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Since the stars are not linked to material benefits and privileges would it violated and terms and conditions to add stars ad lib to your Blue or FTL M&M card?

I'd like to decorate mine like the chest of a Soviet war hero - maybe even making every 5th star red with a golden rim. Just to have the check in staff wonder how such a prestigious customer could have been demoted to FTL or GM ....
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think we are all on to something with the ancillary revenue for more stars concept- who is going to bring it forward to management?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by htb
After I receive a card with probably two stars I plan to write to LH if it wouldn't be possible to exchange the two stars with two evouchers because I don't have any need for stars
+1. Let Spohr keep these silly stars for himself and give me instead some upgrade vouchers or a joker like the one of BA ^
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:36 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Originally Posted by htb
+1. Let Spohr keep these silly stars for himself and give me instead some upgrade vouchers or a joker like the one of BA ^
+2 That's actually a great idea. It will at least generate more discussion internally (LH/7&M) of what the stars are supposed to represent (nothing as we know)
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I returned my HON Circle birthday present (where LH painted lines on a blank canvas representing your flights; mine had two lines: TXL-MUC and LHR-SIN) to Huber himself but I didn't get vouchers or jokers in return... So don't hold your breath...
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:30 am

omg....

i refused to believe this nonsense, until now:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=de&cid=18002

shame on you, LH, for insulting my intelligence !
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: LH SEN
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but you need to be 6.8 years as SEN to get the first star, which (allowing for FTL), means two renewals on top of the original qualification... I wonder if the program will still be around when I get my first star in 2018...
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by sunseeker
i refused to believe this nonsense, until now:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=de&cid=18002

shame on you, LH, for insulting my intelligence !
"...with only a bit more than 68 years of continuous membership as FTL, you too can become a 5-star M&M Member..."

If you lose your status, apparently you also lose your stars, too (no stars for blue card holders). So, if you lose status, you will have to buy card with stars on eBay, or create your own stars...

The story about the intern is really starting to become more believable all the time...
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
The good news are:
The stars do not expire
The bad news are:
I heard that as well when I got my e-vouchers.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:43 am

From the miles and more webpage (German):
" Die Sterne verfallen nicht, sondern werden nach erneutem Erreichen eines Status wieder angezeigt."
-> Stars will not become derelict and will be displayed again once you have reached status levels again.

Hmmm. I quite like that the next potential enhancement has already been built in:
"In order to help us appreciate your travel activity with us even more we have decided to only keep awarding stars to members who continuously have earned stars in our miles-and-more programme."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.