Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status STARS [2013-2023]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:11 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by SMK77
German newsmagazine DER SPIEGEL has checked with Lufthansa what Service Stars are good for. LH spokesperson: for nothing. Well done, LH!
I said it previously in a post in this thread "the whole star thing is CRAP"
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I said it previously in a post in this thread "the whole star thing is CRAP"
No, no, no. We have learnt that there will be enhanced status cards AND luggage tags! That's absolutely ground-breaking and fantastic. Made me wonder whether they emboss it on the leather tag or they will enhance the leather cover so that people can see the number of stars?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Made me wonder whether they emboss it on the leather tag or they will enhance the leather cover so that people can see the number of stars?
Only FTL tags without the leather cover can show off their stars. ^
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:57 am

Talking

http://www.spiegel.de/reise/aktuell/...-a-930702.html

Was das dem Kunden bringt? Nichts, gibt ein Lufthansa-Sprecher zu.
haha - very funny !
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
If this Stars thing had been introduced with any further enhancement of the M&M program, could have been a curiosity which some may have liked and some not, but trying to "exchange" it for less miles in certain economy bookings it is beyond believe.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
No, no, no. We have learnt that there will be enhanced status cards AND luggage tags! That's absolutely ground-breaking and fantastic. Made me wonder whether they emboss it on the leather tag or they will enhance the leather cover so that people can see the number of stars?
^^
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
They should have just introduced million miler status like most US based airlines and thrown in some soft perks.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:13 am

No!
They will take the United route with an "eco friendly" and innovative packaging sending sticker stars to be self-affixed to both card and leather tags!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cricketrun
No!
They will take the United route with an "eco friendly" and innovative packaging sending sticker stars to be self-affixed to both card and leather tags!
I can already see the grey and black markets now for Stars....
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I can already see the grey and black markets now for Stars....
Black stars on a black card? Let's guess what colour(s) these stars might be.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Black stars on a black card? Let's guess what colour(s) these stars might be.
I was talking about a black market- as to the colors of the stars- I bet they are going to be white. I offer the winner a drink at the bar below the Hilton Garden Inn (across from the Starbucks) on Monday.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:30 am

I was talking about a black market- as to the colors of the stars- I bet they are going to be white. I offer the winner a drink at the bar below the Hilton Garden Inn (across from the Starbucks) on Monday.
I know. But seeing the word 'black' made me wonder about the colour of the star. How would you know the answer by Monday? Is it going to be one of your questions?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I know. But seeing the word 'black' made me wonder about the colour of the star. How would you know the answer by Monday? Is it going to be one of your questions?
What other question could I possibly ask?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
White is a logical choice, in that it is visible against a black, gold, and silver background...@:-)
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by N1003U
White is a logical choice, in that it is visible against a black, gold, and silver background...@:-)
White will be highly visible against black, less so against gold and hardly visible on silver, which is just what they think we want. Despite an earlier assurance I expect white stars will be cheaper to produce than any other 'colours'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.