Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX/LO/OS/SN/OU economy class food

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
MAN-MUC (block time 120 mins) August 2017. A choice between cheese or beef pastrami and egg sandwiches.

Look inside

Ingredients

Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:36 pm

Had the same sandwich in the same route, few days ago

What I noticed is that now the FA offered and encouraged to take more than one drink while serving (I was given orange juice, water, and tea at the very same time). I don't know if I got a friendly crew, they want to avoid to do a second round, or they just improved the service.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Food in Y cabin on long distance flights - any tips?

Question to long-distance LH and Swiss fliers in Y cabin - are you in general satisfied with the food or you'd rather skip it and/or bring your own?

I fly on LH only once in 1-2 years, so not quite aware about their food quality. I DO KNOW that I won't ever eat UA's 'food' since the accident when I almost broke my tooth on... 'rice' they served.

It was known for some time that if you want to get away from UA's food you need to order special meal and consensus was to order either kosher or vegetarian option.

Is there any suggestion about food on LH flights? I have BKK-FRA outgoing and FRA-SIN on return flight in couple of weeks.

Thanks.

P.S. Edit - did quick search and people say that comparing to UA, what LH serves is OK-ish... Se probably will skip 'special meal'.

Last edited by invisible; Oct 20, 2017 at 12:15 am
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: LX SEN
I have experience with LH PE food which is in substance Y food. Surprisingly, I find it ok-ish, as you say. Even more surprinsingly, I sometimes find it almost good. Many people will disagree, but I do not find it worse, or less good, than C food on LH. Of course, you get "simple" food (chicken, pasta), but it is ok. I would not bother to bring my own food.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I'm not a particularly frequent flier, total of about 4 longhauls on LH, one of those in Y+, 3 in Y.

However I've liked the food on those, one or two of the services outright great (tastewise). Portions are slightly smaller than ideal, but I guess that's just airplane thing (I haven't had a large portion on any flight, LH or not)
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Portions are slightly smaller than ideal, but I guess that's just airplane thing (I haven't had a large portion on any flight, LH or not)

My experience with LH is that the FA would give you leftovers if you are still hungry.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I've never actually thought to ask.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: FB Gold
Have taken LH twice on TATL flights this year in Y.....in both cases, didn't care for it. Reminiscent of what UA served a decade ago when I flew them. For westbound flights from Germany to North America, I'd totally avoid the pizza snack choice.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH M+M
Originally Posted by invisible

Is there any suggestion about food on LH flights? I have BKK-FRA outgoing and FRA-SIN on return flight in couple of weeks.
About "what is in it", this works for longhauls (any that has PE..):
Search the menu (choose Premium Eco, which is Y-on-china) along your flight number and one month out here: http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/menu-card
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I've never actually thought to ask.
I always ask! Never been turned down!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by invisible
Question to long-distance LH and Swiss fliers in Y cabin - are you in general satisfied with the food or you'd rather skip it and/or bring your own?
Generally, I'm not satisfied with Y catering on LH group.

I usually don't bother bringing my own food. On long flights, I might take the second meal offered because I'm hungry. But when flying long-haul Y on LH group, I usually have a meal at the lounge/the airport with the intention of skipping the first meal service on the plane.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Miles & More FTL
Based on my limited experience flying LH longhaul segments to/from the US, I can say that the food was very decent in Y. Even mildly enjoyable.

The quantity is just enough (at least for me), and the quality was overall pretty good, even for the meat.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: LH FTL
Does anyone have experiences or at least a good guess what LH will serve on longer touristic routes within Europe? To be precise, it's MUC - TFS, more than 4 hour. Will it be the sandwich that became standard within Europe or rather comparable to Cairo and Casablanca with a warm meal?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
I had a hot meal on FRA-LIS last year in economy.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by marcoos
I had a hot meal on FRA-LIS last year in economy.
Yes, but on the other hand, they only serve a sandwich on the flights to Faro. So it's not only the flying time that determines the service, but also competition and maybe the kind of folks (business vs. leisure)? Given that Tenerife is mostly served by low cost and charter airlines, LH may think that they will get away with serving only a sandwich.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.