Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX/LO/OS/SN/OU economy class food

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2022, 1:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Elisabethen had set up an extensive recycling programme for the empty water bottles only a few months ago and was then hit by a supply chain snag. So LH had to source the water bottles from other vendors. The danish one in the picture seems to be dominant, but there are two others I noticed recently. The water bottle in the longhaul C seat compartment besides the amenity kit has also changed from Elisabethen to something else.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Elisabethen had set up an extensive recycling programme for the empty water bottles only a few months ago and was then hit by a supply chain snag. So LH had to source the water bottles from other vendors. The danish one in the picture seems to be dominant, but there are two others I noticed recently. The water bottle in the longhaul C seat compartment besides the amenity kit has also changed from Elisabethen to something else.
They weren’t suspicious that it was Vlad’s Spring Water from the Urals ?
romans likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Maybe it glows in the dark so they can economise on lighting costs?
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Even though none of the bottled water are supposed to taste different, the Elisabethen stuff consistently tasted horrid to me. So I'm glad its gone.
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You don't think bottled water tastes different from brand to brand?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, very much so. Gerolsteiner is really an acquired taste for example. But I reckon it doesn't glow in the dark!
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Concerto
Yes, very much so. Gerolsteiner is really an acquired taste for example. But I reckon it doesn't glow in the dark!
Is it? I took inspiration from your trip reports and went hiking in Ardennes last weekend. Had Gerolsteiner in Xhoffraix and it didn't strike me as a particularly unusual tasting water.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Even though none of the bottled water are supposed to taste different, the Elisabethen stuff consistently tasted horrid to me. So I'm glad its gone.
I am also not a huge fan of Elisabethen, but had the Danish water on each of the last dozen or so flights and wish they would bring something local back, as long as it's not Elisabethen. Assumed that they took the Danish water as they probably couldn't source enough water bottles in Germany without the "deposit symbol" on short notice, which often makes the empty bottle three times more expensive than the water itself.
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Is it? I took inspiration from your trip reports and went hiking in Ardennes last weekend. Had Gerolsteiner in Xhoffraix and it didn't strike me as a particularly unusual tasting water.
Really? I thought it was quite "salty" compared to other waters, but fair enough. Did an amazing hike yesterday in the lower Rhine area right on the Dutch border, walled village of Schenkenschanz on a big island in the Rhine which was known as the best defended "city" in Europe when in the late 1500s and early 1600s the Spanish tried to defeat the Netherlanders and failed (it's a bit more complicated than that in truth). Will put it in a future trip report. Out of interest, the nearest airport is NRN (Niederrhein Weeze)!

I do wish that Lufthansa would reinstate just a bit of basic catering in Economy. I think nobody buys that overpriced dross they sell, although on one flight (FRA-EDI) the woman next to me ordered something - she had arrived overnight from Montreal and was hungry. It seemed an awful lot of money for such a sad looking underfilled sandwich, which was only half a sandwich. I think it was one of only 2 sandwiches loaded for that full flight (we were in the front row of Eco). Last Monday I flew BA Cityflyer (LCY-DUS) and they managed a complete service of snacks and drinks, including craft beers and gin & tonics. I know it doesn't mean much to many people, but catering is an important part of the flight. I've done a number of Pegasus Airlines (PC) segments recently and they've got this BoB thing down to a fine art, with the trolley never running out and having a good selection of sandwiches and even hot meals if desired.

In a couple days I will be flying to SGE (work that one out!!) and with my two pals (one of which is the pilot) we will cater the flight wonderfully! Needless to say, we will be aboard a little Piper, along with a picnic hamper! But no alcohol!
hugolover and Fabo.sk like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.