Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX/LO/OS/SN/OU economy class food

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by roberino
Now that depends on whether by "British restaurant" you mean a restaurant in Britain or a restaurant serving British food.
Good food is not hard to find in the UK though as long as you head for French, Indian, Chinese, Iranian, Italian, Japanese...
British food is an oxymoron.

On the other side, in the UK I have had some of the best ethnic food in my life.

Last edited by more4less; Sep 28, 2013 at 12:40 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by roberino
Well, mine looked NOTHING like that! There was no sprig of parsley, the potatoes in mine didn't have much form like the ones in the picture, and the strips of schnitzel in mine looked like they'd been arranged in the tub by catapulting them off the wagging tail of a happy labrador...
Perhaps your potato looked more like this?

The worst LH 'food' I had did't have was also between MAN and MUC.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Sep 28, 2013 at 12:27 pm
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Perhaps your potato looked more like this?

Closer!
Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LH4116
Well having had ARN as my home airport for many years, a triangle sandwich + a 20cl coffee and a small bottle of juice will set you back around €15. That is the equivalent of lunch for 2 people in central Stockholm. Flying through ARN on a regular basis would essentially mean filing for personal bankruptcy if one had to eat there all the time.
Maybe if you know your way around Stockholm. 15€ was approx the cost for one coffee and a small piece of princess pie on central stockholm...
Not lunch for two...
W
Old Sep 28, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wombelero
Maybe if you know your way around Stockholm. 15€ was approx the cost for one coffee and a small piece of princess pie on central stockholm...
Not lunch for two...
W

Many restaurants offer the daily special or "Dagens Lunch" which is usually around 65 to 80 SEK (€7,5 to €10) and includes salad, bread, coffee and drink. There are some decent places in the city, one only has to look.

But true as you say, many of the cafés in Old Town charge horrendous overprices. Heck I once recall paying 120 SEK (€14) for a meat pie at one of those places. Turns out, the [microwave]pie came from the supermarket…
Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by more4less
British food is an oxymoron.

On the other side, in the UK I have had some of the best ethnic food in my life.
A properly made dinner of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding with all the trimmings is a thing of beauty and, not wishing to blow my own trumpet, family and friends practically come to blows to get a seat at our dining room table when I'm cooking Sunday roast.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Often from what I have seen people are finishing work, arriving at the airport without time to eat, and need to work on arrival or are arriving quite late at night at their destination and thus leaving them without any choice but to eat on the aircraft. At least that is usually the reason my colleagues and I tend to eat on the aircraft.
Ohhhh , how busy we all are.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: LH/LX, AY
LH 2971

On LH 2971 HEL - DUS, picture is from August

Old Sep 29, 2013, 3:31 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Some archive LH short haul Y class "meals".

Snack and drinks on HAM-MUC. Quite adequate for a 1hr domestic flight.

Cherry pie on MUC-FCO. Suitable type of snack for an afternoon flight, and the purser was kind enough go serve me seconds. The pie tasted nice, though it contained way too many E-numbers.

Breakfast on HAM-ARN. Once again nothing to complain about. For somebody who's flown SAS, you'd really come to appreciate the food that Lufthansa serves you on these short haul hops.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 10:34 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by LH4116

Cherry pie on MUC-FCO. Suitable type of snack for an afternoon flight, and the purser was kind enough go serve me seconds. The pie tasted nice, though it contained way too many E-numbers.
The pie is a regular thing on VIE-DUS, I've got it served every week since July.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seat 1a
Ohhhh , how busy we all are.
Come on now.

I don't think anyone is that busy.

There are a large number of factors that come into play- traffic, delayed trains, gas stations that take a long time to fill the car, massive security queues, checkin machines that don't work- it is not a matter of how busy anyone is (including me)- it is the overall entire travel process which is far from seamless and stressfree.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Come on now.

I don't think anyone is that busy.

There are a large number of factors that come into play- traffic, delayed trains, gas stations that take a long time to fill the car, massive security queues, checkin machines that don't work- it is not a matter of how busy anyone is (including me)- it is the overall entire travel process which is far from seamless and stressfree.
Not to mention the fact that very often we are not at the airport during mealtimes. Sometimes the offering on the plane is the only chance I get to eat at all between leaving a client site and getting home.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:03 pm

Barcelona-Munich

I was wondering if Lufthansa would serve a Sandwich on a noon 2 hour flight. I had the potato salad from Rome-Munich this past April on a noon flight. It wasn't all that bad just a bit small but hey I'm not complaining.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Some more contributions.

MAN-FRA (0625 departure - block time 1h45)

FRA-MAN (1635 departure - block time 1h50)

FRA-OTP (1005 departure - block time 2h15)

OTP-FRA (1410 departure - block time 2h30)

Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Some more contributions.
I'm not really envious :-).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.