Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX/LO/OS/SN/OU economy class food

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I'd recommend to buy something decent at the airport and to take it onboard !
Old May 16, 2014, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I'd recommend to buy something decent at the airport and to take it onboard !
If there is enough time, I'd actually recommend eating at the airport and then read a book on the plane.
Old May 23, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmff
If there is enough time, I'd actually recommend eating at the airport and then read a book on the plane.
+1. Excellent advice.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:54 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Resurrecting this thread with a photo courtesy of N1003U who posted it via FlyNet on board LH432 FRA-ORD. ^

Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It's a long time since I have made a short haul flight longer than 80 minutes with Lufthansa, but today I did FRA-ARN at the back of economy. I didn't enjoy the flight much, but that was partly because the flight was packed and I had to get up really early for it, but also because I didn't feel like making the trip to Stockholm in the end and would have preferred to stay at home.

I was disappointed to observe that you get the same crap catering as on those short flights to Zurich. I was hoping that the longer flight to Stockholm, 2h05 block time, was going to be a bit better. So what is the time threshold on these short flights over which you get better catering in economy? Is it 3 hours now, or does it depend on the route? I remember getting a hot meal on a Kiev flight in 2008/9. As a data point, you get absolutely nothing on the ultra short DUS-FRA these days.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by Concerto
As a data point, you get absolutely nothing on the ultra short DUS-FRA these days.
You got absolutely nothing on DUS-FRA already 18 years ago.
Apart from that, good point about the service levels according to flight time. It seems that LH abandoned the 4-level (?) concept they introduced with NEK. I used to get the uniformly sandwich on all routes, except for LIS, where they had a small hot meal.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm really sorry I posted this here, I was wondering where this post had gone! I had intended posting this in the 'reduced economy class catering' thread, but I must have clicked on the wrong thread by accident while I was on the tablet. So does that mean it is the same rubbishy catering for all European flights, even on longer segments like MUC-ARN or FRA-IST?

I made my first SAS flight today (from ARN to CPH) and was surprised by how pleasant and civilized it was, with amazingly comfortable seating compared to Lufthansa.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Has anyone tried the enhanced economy meals offered on SN and OS? I would say standard economy meals are already pretty good on OS.
http://www.experiencetheskies.com/en...tive-analysis/
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Concerto
So does that mean it is the same rubbishy catering for all European flights, even on longer segments like MUC-ARN or FRA-IST?
This is what they served on IST-FRA (late afternoon/early evening departure - block time 3h10min) last November.

Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:35 pm

I flew ZRH-IST in Economy on the same trip.

Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by aidanc
I believe the potato salad has been enhanced.
Originally Posted by ozon78
economy 'catering' on a 2-hour MUC-BHX: 'enhance away', Lufthansa!
Time to check if LH has kept up with its enhanced catering concept on shorthaul economy flights.

LHR-FRA (1645 departure - block time 1h35) - tomato, mozzarella and basil sandwich

Various LH flights with block time of 1.5~2 hours - yogurt butter and cheddar sandwich

LH121 MUC-FRA (2000 departure - block time 1 hour)

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Sep 19, 2015 at 9:57 am
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:51 am

Some contributions from OS flights FRA-VIE and VIE-DBV. A choice between sweet or salty.

Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My collection of current sandwiches is here: https://plus.google.com/photos/11341...34310584105057

The only time I got a real meal in Europe from LH was on MUC-LIS, only because TP also offers a real meal on the route. Similar flights to PMI or AGP get the sandwich
Old Sep 19, 2015, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scott218
Has anyone tried the enhanced economy meals offered on SN and OS? I would say standard economy meals are already pretty good on OS.
http://www.experiencetheskies.com/en...tive-analysis/
Excellent site, thanks for sharing this. For thef first time, it is possible to compare a number of the airlines' offerings in one place.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
My collection of current sandwiches is here: https://plus.google.com/photos/11341...34310584105057
Interesting that they serve beef pastrami sandwiches on flights to/from MUC. On most of my recent flights they only offered a choice of either yogurt butter (ugh!) & cheddar or turkey sandwiches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.