Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
it seems LH (not LX/OS) in Berlin Tegel has bundled its checkin desks into the central hall this year which is causing quite a bit of confusion with super long lines and frustration. Is this permanent? Also what are the plans for the gate assignment? Previously FRA/MUC used to always leave from A8-11, now its A1 thru 5 and sometimes A8/9?

Regards Oliver
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:54 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,
it seems LH (not LX/OS) in Berlin Tegel has bundled its checkin desks into the central hall this year which is causing quite a bit of confusion with super long lines and frustration. Is this permanent? Also what are the plans for the gate assignment? Previously FRA/MUC used to always leave from A8-11, now its A1 thru 5 and sometimes A8/9?

Regards Oliver
Hello Oliver,
I have forwarded your questions to my colleagues and will get back to you as soon as I receive an answer.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,

Regards Oliver
Hi Oliver,
I just received the following information from Tegel airport.
Lufthansa plans to offer Gate Check-in at TXL again (A1-A5), however, to do so, the airport has to undergo some remodelling work and we don't have any information as of now, when the plans can be implemented.
Vanessa
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:47 pm
dzj

Dear LH Lurker,

Would you like to help provide the appropriate and just compensation for the following?
Originally Posted by dzj
Hello Flyer Talk Community!

I just received my EC261 denial from Lufthansa and I wanted to share my story. We were delayed returning from FCO-FRA-ATL on January 2, 2018. There were dozens just on my flight alone, but hundreds of others who missed our connecting legs to the US because of what we were told was an IT outage/issues; still carrier staff said we would be compensated. Some of us were lucky enough to catch the next-day’s leg, but others had to wait or were re-routed. We were re-routed and arrived in the US the next day, it did create some frustration, especially when my child who is EIGHT was somehow placed on a flight without family – family re-routed OHR; kid re-routed IAD. We got that part fixed, but they also tried to delay our arrival 2 additional days because of this by citing the availability of seats.

Please see the initial complaint, their follow-up and now my reply. Questions and comments welcome!
----
Initial Letter - March 15, 2018
---

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you regarding flight LH243 on 2 January 2018 from Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO) to Frankfurt Airport (FRA) with the scheduled departure time of 07:00. My original booking reference is CONF#. This flight was delayed due to an IT outage, which forced my travelling party to miss our connecting flight to Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) – LH444, subsequently delaying our return arrival to the United States a full 24 hours.

Speaking with Norbert H[redacted], Supervisor, Ticket Sales & Transferservices Station Frankfurt, at the Frankfurt Airport, he confirmed the validation of our claims under EC Regulation 261/2004. In light of the judgments in the cases of Jet2 v Huzar and van der Lans v KLM, I am seeking just compensation as prescribed under EC Regulation 261/2004 for the disruption of our travel.

The passengers in the party were XXX (ticket#), XXX (ticket#), XXX (ticket#) and XXX (ticket#).

My originally scheduled flight length was 7427km (FRA-ATL), therefore I am requesting the legal maximum of €600 per delayed passenger in my party. The total compensation sought is €2400.

I look forward to hearing from you. An acknowledgement of receipt of this letter is expected within 7 days, followed by compensation within 21 days.

Yours sincerely,

Me
----
Lufthansa Letter - March 19, 2018
---

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your online feedback dated March 15, 2018.

We truly regret that you and your family were affected by a delay on your journey from Rome to Frankfurt on January 2, 2018 which caused you to miss your onward flight to Atlanta. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused.

The delay of your flight was caused by a third party and, therefore, outside of our control. We ask for your understanding that we can only be held liable for issues which lie within our responsibility.

The EC regulation 261/2004 does not grant compensatory payment in this case. We therefore hope for your understanding that we cannot meet your request for compensation.

Even though we cannot comply with your present request, we would be happy if you and your family continued to place your trust in Lufthansa.

Sincerely,

LH
----
Reply Letter - March 19, 2018
---

To whom it may concern:

Per the requirements of EC Regulation 261/2004 please provide the necessary and nominal compensation as requested in my initial claim (FB ID ###). The third-party allegation which you have made, whether accurate or not, does not eliminate Lufthansa from providing just compensation. Furthermore, speaking with Norbert [redacted], Supervisor, Ticket Sales & Transferservices Station Frankfurt, at the Frankfurt Airport, he confirmed the validation of our claims under EC Regulation 261/2004. I am kindly asking that you provide the appropriate compensation of €600 per delayed passenger in my party (€2400), in a timely fashion or I will be required to seek legal representation. It is expected that compensation be provided within 21 days of the initial submission on 15 March 2018.

Regards,

Me
​​​​​

Last edited by oliver2002; Mar 21, 2018 at 7:31 am Reason: redacted name of frontline employee
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by dzj
Dear LH Lurker,

Would you like to help provide the appropriate and just compensation for the following?
​​​​​

Hello dzj,
I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the decision from Customer Relations. Please understand that we can't overrule their decision via Social Media; if you are not happy with the outcome of your case, I kindly ask you to contact them again (please make sure to add the feedback ID to the subject line). Thank you.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hertz PLAT, Mile Runner, Blue Screen.
LH denied boarding to PAX checking in for 1st class flight...

My client booked a flight MIA-EWR-FCO // VCE-FRA-MIA on UA 1959 and UA 40. (back on LH)
UA1959 had delays and was going to misconnect - so i called UA and they offered to Re-accomodate client to LH 463 and LH 232 (MIA-FRA-FCO)
The flight was an upgrade from "P" to "F" and "J".. due to the impending mis-connect. Yes the clients and I were thanking UA very much and excited for their amazing service and the coming A380 experience.

One Pax went through on online checkin one the system didn't check-in properly online.
so one had a boarding pass in hand - one did not.

They went to the check-in desk and LH manager Tokhi Z[.] not only denied them boarding but threatened to take the boarding pass away from the lady, telling her - UA should not have put you in 1st and I would rather those seats fly empty than have you in them!
The other pax she says paid 10k+ and they don't deserve to fly in that cabin. (they paid around 3-4k each)

Granted the pax did NOT request first class - and offered to be put into business class UA - the UA agents had no business class inventory open - there were only 2 seats in F on the plane and the agents at their discretion put these pax in F.

The ruthlessness of tokhi combined with her sinister and snide remarks "I would rather those seats fly empty than have you in them!" to a Business class passenger - paying REVENUE. (not that mileage should be treated worse - but just putting it out there)..
Is shocking..
She then said to them "we can't help you - go to United".

This couple going to celebrate a special occasion - in Rome - have now lost half the day of their short trip - once due to ATC - but now due to a witch of a manager at LH.
She wouldn't even consider upgrading other LH pax - to open two "J" seats for them. Just absolutely horrible.

In addition - i wonder if LH is in violation of DOT laws...
Granted they may not be happy about what UA did - taking their last 2 F class seats 3 hours before departure..
BUT - A. this is all above the table - PAX did nothing wrong - and if LH wants to bump someone AND downgrade post TICKETING - that is 2 laws broken in 1 fell swoop.

Lots of wrong here.. don't even know where to start with this...
but LH has to take out their problems with UA ticketing on UA not - paying rev business pax... This is not what people pay for...

Last edited by oliver2002; Apr 16, 2018 at 12:42 am Reason: redacted name of frontline staff
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Rcarentals
My client booked a flight MIA-EWR-FCO // VCE-FRA-MIA on UA 1959 and UA 40. (back on LH)
UA1959 had delays and was going to misconnect - so i called UA and they offered to Re-accomodate client to LH 463 and LH 232 (MIA-FRA-FCO)
The flight was an upgrade from "P" to "F" and "J".. due to the impending mis-connect. Yes the clients and I were thanking UA very much and excited for their amazing service and the coming A380 experience.

One Pax went through on online checkin one the system didn't check-in properly online.
so one had a boarding pass in hand - one did not.

They went to the check-in desk and LH manager Tokhi Z[.] not only denied them boarding but threatened to take the boarding pass away from the lady, telling her - UA should not have put you in 1st and I would rather those seats fly empty than have you in them!
The other pax she says paid 10k+ and they don't deserve to fly in that cabin. (they paid around 3-4k each)

Granted the pax did NOT request first class - and offered to be put into business class UA - the UA agents had no business class inventory open - there were only 2 seats in F on the plane and the agents at their discretion put these pax in F.

The ruthlessness of tokhi combined with her sinister and snide remarks "I would rather those seats fly empty than have you in them!" to a Business class passenger - paying REVENUE. (not that mileage should be treated worse - but just putting it out there)..
Is shocking..
She then said to them "we can't help you - go to United".

This couple going to celebrate a special occasion - in Rome - have now lost half the day of their short trip - once due to ATC - but now due to a witch of a manager at LH.
She wouldn't even consider upgrading other LH pax - to open two "J" seats for them. Just absolutely horrible.

In addition - i wonder if LH is in violation of DOT laws...
Granted they may not be happy about what UA did - taking their last 2 F class seats 3 hours before departure..
BUT - A. this is all above the table - PAX did nothing wrong - and if LH wants to bump someone AND downgrade post TICKETING - that is 2 laws broken in 1 fell swoop.

Lots of wrong here.. don't even know where to start with this...
but LH has to take out their problems with UA ticketing on UA not - paying rev business pax... This is not what people pay for...

Dear Rcarentals,
I am very sorry to hear that your clients were affected by a schedule change. In order to thoroughly investigate, I recommend that you please revert to Customer Relations https://www.lufthansa.com/online/por...l=en&cid=18002
Once all details are registered, you will receive a feedback ID and my colleagues will contact you in due course.
Have a great start into the new week,
Isabell
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
The Lufthansa app

i might be a bit thick, but as I book flights regularly on other airlines’ apps I hope I am not. The LH app for the UK has a series of errors whenever I try and book. It adds together fares and produces a higher combined fare. It also displays the cheapest fare on the day tab, but such a fare is never an option when you check below.
I have sent this query with screen shots to the Lufthansa tech guys a few weeks ago and I hope they are working on it. But as a result, I have booked three flights with BA (not my first choice, I must say) in Club class and one on Brussels airlines as part of my Europe trip later this year as I have little trust in the veracity of the displayed fares.
I have tried again today for a MAN-DUS and back (there are some good biz fares out there on the app) but the £80 over charge for the total fare still appears, and the cheap £62 fare doesn’t, with rates over £100. I know it is more convenient to show screen shots but I am working on my phone. As I say, am I missing something?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
i might be a bit thick, but as I book flights regularly on other airlines’ apps I hope I am not. The LH app for the UK has a series of errors whenever I try and book. It adds together fares and produces a higher combined fare. It also displays the cheapest fare on the day tab, but such a fare is never an option when you check below.
I have sent this query with screen shots to the Lufthansa tech guys a few weeks ago and I hope they are working on it. But as a result, I have booked three flights with BA (not my first choice, I must say) in Club class and one on Brussels airlines as part of my Europe trip later this year as I have little trust in the veracity of the displayed fares.
I have tried again today for a MAN-DUS and back (there are some good biz fares out there on the app) but the £80 over charge for the total fare still appears, and the cheap £62 fare doesn’t, with rates over £100. I know it is more convenient to show screen shots but I am working on my phone. As I say, am I missing something?
Dear CHCflyer,
I'm sorry to hear that you are facing difficulties booking via app. I suggest that you remain in touch with the colleagues from Technical Support regarding this matter, as they are the right contact to document and investigate the issue and give you more information regarding your case.
Thank you and kind regards,
Heloisa
Old May 2, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Dear LH Lurker,
I would like to salut your customer relations department for the professional and courteous way in handling my LH flight delay and diversion compensation claim.
All the best,
NA-Flyer
Old May 7, 2018, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines

most certainly! Here's the Champagne served:

2003 Cuvée Louise, Champagne
Pommery, Frankreich (March 2018)

1995 Blanc des Millénaires,
Champagne Charles Heidsieck,
Frankreich (April 2018)

I hope that you will find the updated menu online very soon. The issue has been raised
Dear Lurkers,

Its 7th May & the April First Class Wine list is still being displayed on the website, please could you remind your colleagues again that it would be helpful if they updated the Wines on the last day of each Month ?

If you could in the meantime post the Wines for May & the Champagne for May & June ? It would be appreciated 😊
Old May 7, 2018, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by chris63

Dear Lurkers,

Its 7th May & the April First Class Wine list is still being displayed on the website, please could you remind your colleagues again that it would be helpful if they updated the Wines on the last day of each Month ?

If you could in the meantime post the Wines for May & the Champagne for May & June ? It would be appreciated <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_32.png);background-position:59.9882491186839% 77.96709753231492%;background-size:5418.75% 5418.75%" data-codepoints="1f60a"></span></span>
Hi chris63,
thank you, I will forward this to the responsible department.
Vanessa
Old May 7, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: MP, MM, HH Diamond
Could I make the suggestion that the paid upgrade FAQ, as well as the actual paid upgrade process explicitly warn that if you pay for any class upgrades for any legs of your flight, you will lose the ability to make an offer for any additional upgrades on other legs? I unfortunately found this out the hard way when I bought an upgrade for my return flight as my outgoing flight had no availability. When I finished buying the upgrade, I was quite surprised that the offer link was now gone! A chat with customer service told me it's either one or the other, and even if I were to request an upgrade refund there would be no guarantee the bid offer option would return. A huge shame in my opinion as it really restricts my options now, especially since it seems certain paid upgrades close at around 14 days from the flight regardless of seat availability staying the same.

Checking the offer FAQ, this is not listed in the eligibility, either..
  • Tickets which have not yet been issued
  • Tickets which are part of a group booking
  • Tickets with an infant (under the age of 2 years old) included in the booking
  • Other airlines’ tickets or tickets which have not been issued on a Lufthansa document
  • Tickets originally booked in Japan or India
  • Passengers with animals (pets in the cabin and/or in the cargo hold)
  • Extra seats for more comfort and/or for medical reasons or for carry-on baggage (e.g. musical instruments)
Ticket is issues and confirmed, and I didn't get extra seats/extra baggage. Definitely none of the others fit, either for a cash upgrade.

Seems my only option now for outbound is to see if I get an offer at check-in. If not, I don't know how I would pay for an upgrade at the gate as the upgrade page explicitly says the below. Seems I'm likely out of luck?
Upgrades are not possible in the following cases:
  • For flights for which you have already checked in
Old May 8, 2018, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by behtyas
Could I make the suggestion that the paid upgrade FAQ, as well as the actual paid upgrade process explicitly warn that if you pay for any class upgrades for any legs of your flight, you will lose the ability to make an offer for any additional upgrades on other legs? I unfortunately found this out the hard way when I bought an upgrade for my return flight as my outgoing flight had no availability. When I finished buying the upgrade, I was quite surprised that the offer link was now gone! A chat with customer service told me it's either one or the other, and even if I were to request an upgrade refund there would be no guarantee the bid offer option would return. A huge shame in my opinion as it really restricts my options now, especially since it seems certain paid upgrades close at around 14 days from the flight regardless of seat availability staying the same.

Ticket is issues and confirmed, and I didn't get extra seats/extra baggage. Definitely none of the others fit, either for a cash upgrade.

Seems my only option now for outbound is to see if I get an offer at check-in. If not, I don't know how I would pay for an upgrade at the gate as the upgrade page explicitly says the below. Seems I'm likely out of luck?
Hello behtyas,
Thank you for your feedback about paid upgrades, I have forwarded it internally to my colleagues. Upgrades via Lufthansa.com, Service Center or Miles & More indeed cannot be requested if the passenger is already checked in. However, even after check-in, airport upgrades may be available.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old May 8, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by behtyas

Hi behtyas,
our colleagues from the relevant department want to look into this more closely, would you please send us your booking code via DM? Thanks.
Vanessa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.