Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:21 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by lisagindc
Hello!

I submitted an email to Lufthansa Customer Relations on June 24 (reference number Feedback ID 32001819), and Lufthansa attempted to contact me by phone in response, leaving three voicemails early July. Unfortunately, I was out of the country when Lufthansa called, so I was unable to answer the calls. More than two weeks have passed, with no further attempt on Lufthansa's part to contact me.

While I thank the Customer Relations team for its quick and direct response, I would also like to note that it has my email address and could easily have contacted me that way when it wasn't able to reach me by phone. Or the Customer Relations rep could have given me a direct line phone number where I could have called them back. I am leaving the country again in a week, and I would appreciate it if you could ask you colleagues to contact me before that time, as I will not have access to my U.S. mobile number for approximately two months after my departure. I also have emailed Lufthansa's Customer Relations team with the same request, but given my limited time remaining in the U.S., I was hoping you could potentially expedite the response.

Thank you,

Lisa

Hello Lisa,

we cannot speed up the process of Customer Relations.
They will contact you by email or/and phone but we cannot influence when and how. So I ask you to be patient.

Sascha
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello Lisa,

we cannot speed up the process of Customer Relations.
They will contact you by email or/and phone but we cannot influence when and how. So I ask you to be patient.

Sascha
Thanks for your quick response Sascha. I was concerned that since Customer Relations reps had not been able to reach me that they may have given up. I will wait for their response.

Best,

Lisa
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:11 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Dear LH Lurkers:

I am struggling with advanced seat reservations. Next week, my wife, son and I will fly MUC-FRA-EDI, returning GLA-MUC two weeks later. Flight booked online on LH.com in a Econony Classic fare. I did reseve seats for us so that we can sit together, but it happened at least 4 times now that the reservations on the outbound flights get kicked out, while the reservation for the return flight stick. When i try to get seats assigned online the website wants to charge me €34 for the seats on the return flight. I am not trying to reserve any extra legroom seats, since I can't use them anyways since we're travelling with a 3 1/2 yr old boy.

Per the rules (https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...l=en&cid=18002)

For Lufthansa HON Circle Members and Senators travelling with up to three companions advance seat reservations are possible free of charge on medium and long-haul routes (all booking classes).
It is extremely frustrating having to call in every time to get this sorted out only find out that the reservations are gone two days later.

Can you please help you get this resolved?

Thanks,
cas_de
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Dear LH Lurkers:

I am struggling with advanced seat reservations. Next week, my wife, son and I will fly MUC-FRA-EDI, returning GLA-MUC two weeks later. Flight booked online on LH.com in a Econony Classic fare. I did reseve seats for us so that we can sit together, but it happened at least 4 times now that the reservations on the outbound flights get kicked out, while the reservation for the return flight stick. When i try to get seats assigned online the website wants to charge me €34 for the seats on the return flight. I am not trying to reserve any extra legroom seats, since I can't use them anyways since we're travelling with a 3 1/2 yr old boy.

It is extremely frustrating having to call in every time to get this sorted out only find out that the reservations are gone two days later.

Thanks,
cas_de
Hi cas_de
while I'm unable to reserve the seat for you, I'd love to forward this to the responsible department so that they can check if there's a general issue with the seat reservation for SEN and HON and their travel partners online.
Please kindly send me your booking code as an example for them to check via DM, thanks.
To reserve the seat, please give your SEN-Service another call.
Vanessa
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:18 am

Hi cas_de
while I'm unable to reserve the seat for you, I'd love to forward this to the responsible department so that they can check if there's a general issue with the seat reservation for SEN and HON and their travel partners online.
Please kindly send me your booking code as an example for them to check via DM, thanks.
To reserve the seat, please give your SEN-Service another call.
Vanessa
Thanks Vanessa - PM is on the way.

BR,
cas_de
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:16 am

Dear LH Lurkers:

Thanks,
cas_de

Hi cas_de,

only on longhaul flights, advance seat reservation for Lufthansa HON Circle Members and Senators and up to three of their companions is free of charge in all travel classes and for all seats.
The usual fees applies on shorthaul flights.
(https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Seat-reservation)

So if my colleagues from the Senator Service reserve your seats and don't collect the fee, the seats will be cancelled from the booking after a short while.

Would you mind sending me the link LH.com, where it says that no fees apply on shorthaul flights, without being logged in to your account? Unfortunately, the link posted earlier can't be opened as you copied it when being logged in.
We'd like to make sure that all information is displayed correctly online.
We will also send a reminder to the Service Centers regarding the applicable fees for companions on shorthaul flights.
Thank you!

Vanessa
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: some
only on longhaul flights, advance seat reservation for Lufthansa HON Circle Members and Senators and up to three of their companions is free of charge in all travel classes and for all seats.
The usual fees applies on shorthaul flights.
(https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Seat-reservation)
Pardon? This is either completely wrong or a new policy. So far it was of course possible for SEN and HON and their travel parties to book seats on shorthauls (excl. Eco Light) without fees. Can you please clarify?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:43 am

Thanks Vanessa,

the link is:

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/seat...-economy-class

I guess I am in this situation because of the concept of the "Preferred Seating Zone". If I understand it correctly I will have to pay for seat reservations (in the preferred zone) for my travelling companions even though we're travelling on a single PNR? I find that rather - never mind.

What makes things slightly more complex in this particular case is that the tickets were booked prior to April 4 (Feb 28 to be precise), where apparently the concept of the preferred seating zone being accessible for cash did not yet exist. Please see:

https://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/de/infoservice?nodeid=2017572180&l=en&cid=18002
(Conditions for tickets issued before 04 April 2018)

In this section the only differentiation is seat with extra legroom vs. standard seat. The way I do interpret it, is that what wan a standard seat (in the front of the Y cabin), but not a extra legroom seat, has now become a preferred seating zone seat, which is no longer for free for SEN companions...

In my case this does mean an additional €102 for seat reservations for 2 people (1 adult, 1 child) for three flights - if we want to sit in the preferred seating zone.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by verve
Pardon? This is either completely wrong or a new policy. So far it was of course possible for SEN and HON and their travel parties to book seats on shorthauls (excl. Eco Light) without fees. Can you please clarify?
Hence my question...
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:23 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Dear Nick,

It is correct that you sent your compensation request to Customer Relations. I regret though that it not possible for me to provide an average indication of time needed to process their inquiries. Feel free to post your feedback ID here and I will check the handling status with my colleagues for you.

Best regards,
Nigjar
Dear Lurkers,

Just a small heads up:
I received an email that my request has been accepted and that I should expect the refund in the next few days.
Thank you for your help.

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Expect several weeks time to hear back, typically, for EC261 cases. And probably a rejection of the Uber bill, unfortunately.
It took them about two weeks, which I guess is decent.
As expected I was informed that they would not refund the uber bill, so no hard feelings there.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:26 am

Thanks Vanessa,

the link is:

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/seat...-economy-class

I guess I am in this situation because of the concept of the "Preferred Seating Zone". If I understand it correctly I will have to pay for seat reservations (in the preferred zone) for my travelling companions even though we're travelling on a single PNR? I find that rather - never mind.

What makes things slightly more complex in this particular case is that the tickets were booked prior to April 4 (Feb 28 to be precise), where apparently the concept of the preferred seating zone being accessible for cash did not yet exist. Please see:

https://www.lufthansa.com/online/por...l=en&cid=18002
(Conditions for tickets issued before 04 April 2018)

In this section the only differentiation is seat with extra legroom vs. standard seat. The way I do interpret it, is that what wan a standard seat (in the front of the Y cabin), but not a extra legroom seat, has now become a preferred seating zone seat, which is no longer for free for SEN companions...

In my case this does mean an additional €102 for seat reservations for 2 people (1 adult, 1 child) for three flights - if we want to sit in the preferred seating zone.

Hello cas_de,

Thank you for providing the link. As you have noticed, there are different payment regulations for tickets purchased before and those purchased after April, 4th 2018. The online booking system can´t differentiate at this point, I´m afraid. Please kindly contact your Senator Service team for assitance, as the seat reservation actually needs to be processed manually in this case. I regret there is no automated processing possible here. Apologies for the workaround required in this regrads. Thank you for your understanding!

Nigjar
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by verve
Hence my question...

Hello verve,
hello cas_de,

Kindly note that the information provided on the website is correct. Please see the following link and the attached screenshot. As Vanessa clarified "only on longhaul flights, advance seat reservation for Lufthansa HON Circle Members and Senators and up to three of their companions is free of charge in all travel classes and for all seats."

Best regards,
Nigjar
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Dear Lurkers,

Just a small heads up:
I received an email that my request has been accepted and that I should expect the refund in the next few days.
Thank you for your help.

It took them about two weeks, which I guess is decent.
As expected I was informed that they would not refund the uber bill, so no hard feelings there.

Thank you for the update Nick! I´m glad to read we could assist!

Have a good day and
best regards,

Nigjar
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:37 pm

Hello cas_de,

Thank you for providing the link. As you have noticed, there are different payment regulations for tickets purchased before and those purchased after April, 4th 2018. The online booking system can´t differentiate at this point, I´m afraid. Please kindly contact your Senator Service team for assitance, as the seat reservation actually needs to be processed manually in this case. I regret there is no automated processing possible here. Apologies for the workaround required in this regrads. Thank you for your understanding!

Nigjar
When I contact the SEN service they are able to reserve the (preferred) seats and I can see them in the booking. Two, three days later the seat reservations get kicked out again.

So we're going in circles (I have been through this circle approx. 5 times now)...
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:22 pm

When I contact the SEN service they are able to reserve the (preferred) seats and I can see them in the booking. Two, three days later the seat reservations get kicked out again.

So we're going in circles (I have been through this circle approx. 5 times now)...
[JOKE]
Perhaps the solution is for you to call every other day and change seats for all passengers. Then hang up and call again to re-select the original seats. You can make it your after-breakfast morning ritual on Saturdays, Mondays and Wednesdays.
[/JOKE]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.