Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi Oliver, why donīt you DM us your Miles & More card number and we will forward this to our colleagues for further investigation. Regards, Maria
Hello Oliver,
we just got a reply from the Miles & More department that the miles have been booked correctly now.
Best regards,
Roman

Thank you, the miles have finally shown up correctly! ^
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
What's the issue lately with LH153? Canceled 4 out of 6 times the last couple of days.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:59 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Marschel
What's the issue lately with LH153? Canceled 4 out of 6 times the last couple of days.
Hello Marschel, I am sorry to hear that you seem to have been affected by this. There is not just one reason for the cancellations, but rather several: Weather-related handling stops in connection with total airport closures within Germany and Europe-wide ATC delays due to high traffic, all that led to slot delays and cancellations. Maria
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Thanks for your quick response.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:49 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Dear Lurkers

On the 6th of July I was scheduled to fly from ZRH to FRA and onwards to EDI in C.

The flight LH1183 to FRA scheduled to depart at 08:15 and arrive at 09:20 was delayed due to several reasons (late arrival, to much fuel was loaded and things had the be reloaded to achieve MTOW and MLW and there was confusion weither people had to be unloaded or not) and once we finally boarded we missed our slots and only landed at 10:53 in FRA at which point boarding for the connection flight LH962 scheduled to depart at 11:05 and arrive at 12:00 local time was already closed. Nonetheless was told to run and I did so to the departure gate in terminal B (having arrived in A) with no success. I’ve been given the food voucher and automatically rebooked on the next flight to EDI LH964 scheduled to depart at 16:30 and arrive at 17:25, sadly this flight was also delayed a bit so my arrival time in EDI was 18:15. In total that meant I was delayed from my original arrival time by over six hours.

The delay made me miss lunch with friends as well as the whole afternoon.
At that time sensible train connections to my hotel were not given anymore and my friends who would have picked me up were not available anymore so I had to pay for an uber which resulted in 74.86Ģ additional expenses.

I was informed by you about the EC Regulation 261/2004/EC in the email regarding my automatic rebooking and having read through the regulation I came to the conclusion that I qualify for compensation for this delay.

I did send an email to [email protected] but so far I have only received the automatic case number reply. When should I expect an answer? Is having contacted them through this email even correct or do I have to send compensation requests somewhere else?

I hope to hear from you.

Cheers

Nick
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Expect several weeks time to hear back, typically, for EC261 cases. And probably a rejection of the Uber bill, unfortunately.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Dear Lurkers

On the 6th of July I was scheduled to fly from ZRH to FRA and onwards to EDI in C.

The flight LH1183 to FRA scheduled to depart at 08:15 and arrive at 09:20 was delayed due to several reasons (late arrival, to much fuel was loaded and things had the be reloaded to achieve MTOW and MLW and there was confusion weither people had to be unloaded or not) and once we finally boarded we missed our slots and only landed at 10:53 in FRA at which point boarding for the connection flight LH962 scheduled to depart at 11:05 and arrive at 12:00 local time was already closed. Nonetheless was told to run and I did so to the departure gate in terminal B (having arrived in A) with no success. I’ve been given the food voucher and automatically rebooked on the next flight to EDI LH964 scheduled to depart at 16:30 and arrive at 17:25, sadly this flight was also delayed a bit so my arrival time in EDI was 18:15. In total that meant I was delayed from my original arrival time by over six hours.

The delay made me miss lunch with friends as well as the whole afternoon.
At that time sensible train connections to my hotel were not given anymore and my friends who would have picked me up were not available anymore so I had to pay for an uber which resulted in 74.86Ģ additional expenses.

I was informed by you about the EC Regulation 261/2004/EC in the email regarding my automatic rebooking and having read through the regulation I came to the conclusion that I qualify for compensation for this delay.

I did send an email to [email protected] but so far I have only received the automatic case number reply. When should I expect an answer? Is having contacted them through this email even correct or do I have to send compensation requests somewhere else?

I hope to hear from you.

Cheers

Nick

Dear Nick,

It is correct that you sent your compensation request to Customer Relations. I regret though that it not possible for me to provide an average indication of time needed to process their inquiries. Feel free to post your feedback ID here and I will check the handling status with my colleagues for you.

Best regards,
Nigjar
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Dear Nick,

It is correct that you sent your compensation request to Customer Relations. I regret though that it not possible for me to provide an average indication of time needed to process their inquiries. Feel free to post your feedback ID here and I will check the handling status with my colleagues for you.

Best regards,
Nigjar
Dear Lurker

Thanks for the quick reply. The request ID is 32068588 and I sent it a bit less than a week ago.
But as Fabo.sk mentioned I will now expect it to take few weeks. Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Nick
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Expect several weeks time to hear back, typically, for EC261 cases. And probably a rejection of the Uber bill, unfortunately.
Thanks for the information! I'm not really expecting a refund for the Uber bill as they are not obliged to pay it, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway. Let's just hope I'll receive the standard compensation without too much hassle
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
Dear Lurkers,

Lufthansa is one of my favourite airlines, except when things go wrong. Sadly, since June too many things have gone wrong and your customer support team simply does not seem to read the full and entire message and just send generic responses. This is very unfortunate as the cabin crew is always brilliant, and the ladies at the FRA Senator Lounge are always super friendly.
I'll summarise as much as I can:
1. A minor delay occurred on flight LH394 due to ATC on 20180609, but subsequently LH decided to cancel the flight as staff hit their working hours. On top of that, I made it seven hours late, but my luggage didn't make it until 20 hours later. I spent 108.99 EUR on toiletries. Support declined not only to pay EC 261 compensation, but also to reimburse this cost so I escalated to SOEP. FB 31961497 , 31981938 and 31989789 refer
2. I booked a weekend getaway to Athens where I was planning to propose by the Lycabittos, instead we ended up in a shabby room at the Sheraton as unfortunately flight out was delayed and even though the connecting flight was still boarding when we made it to the connection gate, your agents refused to let me, my partner and another lady to board as they said the seats had been re-allocated to other passengers on waiting list (all three of us were on Business class). The alternative offered was a flight the next day. This made the entire trip pointless, so I requested re-routing back to Luxembourg, refund of the ticket cost and EC 261 compensation for denied boarding. FB 32049018 and 32049104 refer. On FB I am told by your agents that my complaint is with SOEP (it isn't. I can't submit a complaint to SOEP with no response from yourselves).
3. Flight back was due to be with SWISS and I had ordered a champagne surprise, which we couldn't enjoy as we never made it to Athens. Within 3 days Premium team responded arranging a reimbursement - why is it so much more difficult for Lufthansa to provide good support like this? I wish that LH would understand that the poor quality of their Customer Support is completely misaligned with the excellent cabin and lounge experience.

Best regards,
N Carrera
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:42 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Over the course of the last six months, I sent sent three messages to customer support via the web form, on different topics, ranging from bidding for upgrades to damaged luggage, and I never got a response on any of them. Not even a generic one...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Kataskopos
Dear Lurkers,

Lufthansa is one of my favourite airlines, except when things go wrong. Sadly, since June too many things have gone wrong and your customer support team simply does not seem to read the full and entire message and just send generic responses. This is very unfortunate as the cabin crew is always brilliant, and the ladies at the FRA Senator Lounge are always super friendly.
I'll summarise as much as I can:
1. A minor delay occurred on flight LH394 due to ATC on 20180609, but subsequently LH decided to cancel the flight as staff hit their working hours. On top of that, I made it seven hours late, but my luggage didn't make it until 20 hours later. I spent 108.99 EUR on toiletries. Support declined not only to pay EC 261 compensation, but also to reimburse this cost so I escalated to SOEP. FB 31961497 , 31981938 and 31989789 refer
2. I booked a weekend getaway to Athens where I was planning to propose by the Lycabittos, instead we ended up in a shabby room at the Sheraton as unfortunately flight out was delayed and even though the connecting flight was still boarding when we made it to the connection gate, your agents refused to let me, my partner and another lady to board as they said the seats had been re-allocated to other passengers on waiting list (all three of us were on Business class). The alternative offered was a flight the next day. This made the entire trip pointless, so I requested re-routing back to Luxembourg, refund of the ticket cost and EC 261 compensation for denied boarding. FB 32049018 and 32049104 refer. On FB I am told by your agents that my complaint is with SOEP (it isn't. I can't submit a complaint to SOEP with no response from yourselves).
3. Flight back was due to be with SWISS and I had ordered a champagne surprise, which we couldn't enjoy as we never made it to Athens. Within 3 days Premium team responded arranging a reimbursement - why is it so much more difficult for Lufthansa to provide good support like this? I wish that LH would understand that the poor quality of their Customer Support is completely misaligned with the excellent cabin and lounge experience.

Best regards,
N Carrera

Dear N Carrera,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. I received the information from Customer Relations that they already replied to your complaints. If you do not agree, kindly contact them again under indication of the feedback ID. We cannot influence on their decisions. My apologies.

Sascha
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by DTS
Over the course of the last six months, I sent sent three messages to customer support via the web form, on different topics, ranging from bidding for upgrades to damaged luggage, and I never got a response on any of them. Not even a generic one...

Hello DTS,

if you not even received a feedback ID, Customer Relations probably never received your requests. Could you kindly send us your full name in a PM, so our colleagues can have a look if they received your requests.

Sascha
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
Dear N Carrera,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. I received the information from Customer Relations that they already replied to your complaints. If you do not agree, kindly contact them again under indication of the feedback ID. We cannot influence on their decisions. My apologies.

Sascha
Hello! That is exactly the problem, that they haven't! They have merely responded to a previous query about a Malta flight that was delayed and assumed that thereby the complaint for a flight one month later is solved, and is symptomatic of how poor your outsourced support is. At any rate, thanks for trying, I guess I have no other choice than to take legal action for something that could very easily have been solved by having someone competent and fluent in English reading the complaint.

Best regards,
Nelson
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:31 pm

Hello!

I submitted an email to Lufthansa Customer Relations on June 24 (reference number Feedback ID 32001819), and Lufthansa attempted to contact me by phone in response, leaving three voicemails early July. Unfortunately, I was out of the country when Lufthansa called, so I was unable to answer the calls. More than two weeks have passed, with no further attempt on Lufthansa's part to contact me.

While I thank the Customer Relations team for its quick and direct response, I would also like to note that it has my email address and could easily have contacted me that way when it wasn't able to reach me by phone. Or the Customer Relations rep could have given me a direct line phone number where I could have called them back. I am leaving the country again in a week, and I would appreciate it if you could ask you colleagues to contact me before that time, as I will not have access to my U.S. mobile number for approximately two months after my departure. I also have emailed Lufthansa's Customer Relations team with the same request, but given my limited time remaining in the U.S., I was hoping you could potentially expedite the response.

Thank you,

Lisa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.