FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:39 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Kataskopos
Dear Lurkers,

Lufthansa is one of my favourite airlines, except when things go wrong. Sadly, since June too many things have gone wrong and your customer support team simply does not seem to read the full and entire message and just send generic responses. This is very unfortunate as the cabin crew is always brilliant, and the ladies at the FRA Senator Lounge are always super friendly.
I'll summarise as much as I can:
1. A minor delay occurred on flight LH394 due to ATC on 20180609, but subsequently LH decided to cancel the flight as staff hit their working hours. On top of that, I made it seven hours late, but my luggage didn't make it until 20 hours later. I spent 108.99 EUR on toiletries. Support declined not only to pay EC 261 compensation, but also to reimburse this cost so I escalated to SOEP. FB 31961497 , 31981938 and 31989789 refer
2. I booked a weekend getaway to Athens where I was planning to propose by the Lycabittos, instead we ended up in a shabby room at the Sheraton as unfortunately flight out was delayed and even though the connecting flight was still boarding when we made it to the connection gate, your agents refused to let me, my partner and another lady to board as they said the seats had been re-allocated to other passengers on waiting list (all three of us were on Business class). The alternative offered was a flight the next day. This made the entire trip pointless, so I requested re-routing back to Luxembourg, refund of the ticket cost and EC 261 compensation for denied boarding. FB 32049018 and 32049104 refer. On FB I am told by your agents that my complaint is with SOEP (it isn't. I can't submit a complaint to SOEP with no response from yourselves).
3. Flight back was due to be with SWISS and I had ordered a champagne surprise, which we couldn't enjoy as we never made it to Athens. Within 3 days Premium team responded arranging a reimbursement - why is it so much more difficult for Lufthansa to provide good support like this? I wish that LH would understand that the poor quality of their Customer Support is completely misaligned with the excellent cabin and lounge experience.

Best regards,
N Carrera

Dear N Carrera,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. I received the information from Customer Relations that they already replied to your complaints. If you do not agree, kindly contact them again under indication of the feedback ID. We cannot influence on their decisions. My apologies.

Sascha