Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:21 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Dear LH-Lurker Team:

I have two questions regarding a reservation that I have made for me, my wife and our (then) 3 yr old son. Our routing is MUC TP LIS // FAO TP (operated by LH) MUC in Business Class. I am able to select both seats and a child meal for my son for the outbound flight MUC LIS on TP. I don't have this option on the slightly longer return flight operated by LH, and I am unable to select any seats for that flight. Granted that this is a codeshare flight I find it very odd that you cannot reserve any seats (especially if you are travelling as a family) until 23 hrs. before departure. This is the statement I got from calling the SEN Hotline. Inquiring about the option to get a child meal I was told that child meals are only available on flights longer than 5 hrs. I was also told that since my flight was a codeshare and the ticket has been issued by TP and since it was booked through a non-airline site that no seat reservations are possible.

Frankly, I find it this rather odd, since the webpage states (https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Seat-reservation) that seat reservations for SEN in Business Class travelling on LH metal are possible. Regarding child meals the webpage (https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Chil...menus-on-board) mentions

Children’s meals can be booked directly when you bookyour flight and at no extra cost on all Lufthansa long-haul flights and various European flights.
How is determined which flight has the option to cater a child meal? IMHO, I would expect that option on a 3 hr flight, since it is one of the longer intraeuropean flights operated by LH.

Thanks and happy holidays,
cas_de
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
Hi LH Lurker,

I have a simple quesiton yet I find contradicting answers, I recently booked a flight via the LH website and part of my journey was with BMI, from what I can see no miles nor segments are credited since I flew with BMI. is this correct? if this is the case then please make it clear on the website since LH has for some reason begun to hide all kinds of info regarding mileage accrual. example... before you could see how many miles you would earn on a flight without having to go to the mileage calculator that gives you a number that is totally off.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:32 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by kbrauneis
Hi LH Lurker,

I have a simple quesiton yet I find contradicting answers, I recently booked a flight via the LH website and part of my journey was with BMI, from what I can see no miles nor segments are credited since I flew with BMI. is this correct? if this is the case then please make it clear on the website since LH has for some reason begun to hide all kinds of info regarding mileage accrual. example... before you could see how many miles you would earn on a flight without having to go to the mileage calculator that gives you a number that is totally off.
Hello kbrauneis,
The mileage accrual is calculated per flight segment and according to the flown airline. This means that, even if you had Lufthansa and BMI flights on your booking, you should still receive miles for the Lufthansa legs, as long as they are eligible. Please note that miles are credited up to 14 days after your flight. Should that not be the case, you can apply for a retroactive credit for the Lufthansa flights here.
You can find an overview of the miles earned with Lufthansa here.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Dear LH-Lurker Team:

I have two questions regarding a reservation that I have made for me, my wife and our (then) 3 yr old son. Our routing is MUC TP LIS // FAO TP (operated by LH) MUC in Business Class. I am able to select both seats and a child meal for my son for the outbound flight MUC LIS on TP. I don't have this option on the slightly longer return flight operated by LH, and I am unable to select any seats for that flight. Granted that this is a codeshare flight I find it very odd that you cannot reserve any seats (especially if you are travelling as a family) until 23 hrs. before departure. This is the statement I got from calling the SEN Hotline. Inquiring about the option to get a child meal I was told that child meals are only available on flights longer than 5 hrs. I was also told that since my flight was a codeshare and the ticket has been issued by TP and since it was booked through a non-airline site that no seat reservations are possible.

Frankly, I find it this rather odd, since the webpage states (https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Seat-reservation) that seat reservations for SEN in Business Class travelling on LH metal are possible. Regarding child meals the webpage (https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Chil...menus-on-board) mentions

How is determined which flight has the option to cater a child meal? IMHO, I would expect that option on a 3 hr flight, since it is one of the longer intraeuropean flights operated by LH.

Thanks and happy holidays,
cas_de
Hello cas_de,
If you have a code-share flight on your booking, it may indeed not be possible to reserve a seat or other special services due to technical difficulties. If my colleagues from the Service Center are unable to make a seat reservation, please try reserving your seat during check-in. Should you not be able to find seats together at the online check-in, I recommend you to contact my colleagues at the airport, or also my crew colleagues once you have boarded; I'm sure they will do their best to assist you.
I have forwarded your question regarding child meals reservation and will get back to you as soon as I receive an answer.
Kind regards,
Heloisa

Last edited by LufthansaGermanAirlines; Dec 29, 2017 at 12:19 am
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: LH HON; UA GS; AF Plat; AA PP
Hi LH Lurker,

To reach SEN status, what is the definition of calendar year? Do I need to fly within the calendar year or do the miles need to be posted within the calendar year? Asking that as my last flight yesterday with a partner airline would make me qualify for SEN but chances are they will only be posted after Dec 31 ...

Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by burg_rtw
Hi LH Lurker,

To reach SEN status, what is the definition of calendar year? Do I need to fly within the calendar year or do the miles need to be posted within the calendar year? Asking that as my last flight yesterday with a partner airline would make me qualify for SEN but chances are they will only be posted after Dec 31 ...

Thanks!
Flying. Between Jan1 and Dec31

It kind of sucks when you've flights in the very last December days (or if flights during December don't post properly) and you only get the miles in January, after the reset, since then it's a manual process, and we all know how "fast" Lufthansa (and their sub's) react on such requests

I'm still waiting for my new SEN card which should have been sent out early December..
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:43 am

Hi Lurker, can you please look into an incident number for me? 4119035 its been a week already without and feedback what so ever.

Thanks and happy new year!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by burg_rtw
Hi LH Lurker,

Thanks!
Hello burg_rtw,

You need to fly within the calendar year.
Hence, in case you have flown all of your flights equivalent to 100 000 miles within 2017, I am happy to congratulate you on your new status! As soon as the miles are credited, the status will be adjusted.

Best regards,
Nigjar
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:58 am

Hi Lurker, can you please look into an incident number for me? 4119035 its been a week already without and feedback what so ever.

Thanks and happy new year!
Dear kbrauneis,

Happy New Year, to you, too.

Which department provided you this reference number with? Please kindly refer to them in order to receive an update. I am sorry that we do not handle any of the cases processed by other departments.

Best regards,
Nigjar
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:26 am

Hey! whats up?
Thanks for getting back to me, I filled out a form on the website in regards to missing flights and miles that more than 15 days have gone by and I havent seen anything reflected on my account.
It was for 2 flight segements I took on bmi booked on the LH website
thanks again for your help

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear kbrauneis,

Happy New Year, to you, too.

Which department provided you this reference number with? Please kindly refer to them in order to receive an update. I am sorry that we do not handle any of the cases processed by other departments.

Best regards,
Nigjar
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:58 am

HI Lurker,
So does this mean that I will have to keep an eye out now when I book on the LH website for flights with airlines that dont credit miles or segments ? this makes no sense. If I booked a flight on the LH site and had LH flight numbers I should be credited with miles and segments.
can you please clear this up?

Hello kbrauneis,
The mileage accrual is calculated per flight segment and according to the flown airline. This means that, even if you had Lufthansa and BMI flights on your booking, you should still receive miles for the Lufthansa legs, as long as they are eligible. Please note that miles are credited up to 14 days after your flight. Should that not be the case, you can apply for a retroactive credit for the Lufthansa flights here.
You can find an overview of the miles earned with Lufthansa here.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:42 am

Hey! whats up?
Thanks for getting back to me, I filled out a form on the website in regards to missing flights and miles that more than 15 days have gone by and I havent seen anything reflected on my account.
It was for 2 flight segements I took on bmi booked on the LH website
thanks again for your help
Hi kbrauneis,
I recommend you give Miles & More a call to find out about your retro-credit's status.

Vanessa
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:43 am

HI Lurker,
So does this mean that I will have to keep an eye out now when I book on the LH website for flights with airlines that dont credit miles or segments ? this makes no sense. If I booked a flight on the LH site and had LH flight numbers I should be credited with miles and segments.
can you please clear this up?
Hi kbrauneis,
the operating airline always determines the mileage accrual, no matter where and under which flight number the flight has been booked.
Vanessa
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:24 am

Hi Vanessa, this does not answer my quesiton. Do I have to keep an eye out for which flights offered via LH accure miles and segements? if so, can you please send me a list of the airlines that can be booked via LH.com that do not offer miles and segments.

thanks
Karl

Hi kbrauneis,
the operating airline always determines the mileage accrual, no matter where and under which flight number the flight has been booked.
Vanessa
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:23 am

Hi Vanessa, this does not answer my quesiton. Do I have to keep an eye out for which flights offered via LH accure miles and segements? if so, can you please send me a list of the airlines that can be booked via LH.com that do not offer miles and segments.

thanks
Karl

Hello Karl,
we always recommend to have an eye on the flights that you book. Information about the operating carrier is displayed on Lufthansa.com. You can find a list of all airline partners and information about the mileage accrual on the Miles & More homepage. There's no other list that we can send you.
Jens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.