FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:38 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by cas_de
Dear LH-Lurker Team:

I have two questions regarding a reservation that I have made for me, my wife and our (then) 3 yr old son. Our routing is MUC TP LIS // FAO TP (operated by LH) MUC in Business Class. I am able to select both seats and a child meal for my son for the outbound flight MUC LIS on TP. I don't have this option on the slightly longer return flight operated by LH, and I am unable to select any seats for that flight. Granted that this is a codeshare flight I find it very odd that you cannot reserve any seats (especially if you are travelling as a family) until 23 hrs. before departure. This is the statement I got from calling the SEN Hotline. Inquiring about the option to get a child meal I was told that child meals are only available on flights longer than 5 hrs. I was also told that since my flight was a codeshare and the ticket has been issued by TP and since it was booked through a non-airline site that no seat reservations are possible.

Frankly, I find it this rather odd, since the webpage states (https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Seat-reservation) that seat reservations for SEN in Business Class travelling on LH metal are possible. Regarding child meals the webpage (https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Chil...menus-on-board) mentions

How is determined which flight has the option to cater a child meal? IMHO, I would expect that option on a 3 hr flight, since it is one of the longer intraeuropean flights operated by LH.

Thanks and happy holidays,
cas_de
Hello cas_de,
If you have a code-share flight on your booking, it may indeed not be possible to reserve a seat or other special services due to technical difficulties. If my colleagues from the Service Center are unable to make a seat reservation, please try reserving your seat during check-in. Should you not be able to find seats together at the online check-in, I recommend you to contact my colleagues at the airport, or also my crew colleagues once you have boarded; I'm sure they will do their best to assist you.
I have forwarded your question regarding child meals reservation and will get back to you as soon as I receive an answer.
Kind regards,
Heloisa

Last edited by LufthansaGermanAirlines; Dec 29, 2017 at 12:19 am