Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by alserire
One way flight on Thursday 23rd June HER-FRA-DUB. J class.

LH emailed asking me to ring them. I did. They told me the HER-FRA sector, operated by Aegean, was cancelled. They offered another flight, leaving just 35 minutes to connect in FRA from Schengen to non-Schengen. They have to know that’s not an achievable connection at that airport. The issue being, of course, it’s the last flight of the day and if they were to rebook me for the next day they’d be liable to put me up and for compensation.

But that’s not even the issue. The HER-FRA sector IS STILL BOOKABLE, on Aegean’s own website.

Second time recently LH have messed me about. Worried now about another flight I have soon. They’re running out of chances with me.
You need to call LH again, the minimum connection time at FRA is 45 minutes, so unlikely your ticket will be reissued. LH on the other hand are not responsible for Aegean flight operations.
There are a number of alternative options on that day, just choose the one you want & request it.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:05 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by chris63
You need to call LH again, the minimum connection time at FRA is 45 minutes, so unlikely your ticket will be reissued. LH on the other hand are not responsible for Aegean flight operations.
There are a number of alternative options on that day, just choose the one you want & request it.
They did reissue the ticket with a 35
minute connection time. I rang and told them that was not feasible. The only other connection would have meant a 7 hour layover in Zurich. No thanks. So I cancelled and made alternative arrangements.

I booked the ticket via LH and I don’t know what you mean by LH not being responsible for Aegean’s flight operations. Aegean have done nothing. The flight is still bookable their website. It is LH that tells me it’s been cancelled. And I’d like to know why. If the flight ends up running would I have any recourse on the basis that LH are lying?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:38 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by alserire
They did reissue the ticket with a 35
minute connection time. I rang and told them that was not feasible. The only other connection would have meant a 7 hour layover in Zurich. No thanks. So I cancelled and made alternative arrangements.

I booked the ticket via LH and I don’t know what you mean by LH not being responsible for Aegean’s flight operations. Aegean have done nothing. The flight is still bookable their website. It is LH that tells me it’s been cancelled. And I’d like to know why. If the flight ends up running would I have any recourse on the basis that LH are lying?
Hello Alserire,

I am sorry to read that it didn’t work with your ticket. I had it checked with my colleagues in the Service Center, and it seems that in our system there is currently no connection from Heraklion to Dublin via Frankfurt, with the first leg operated by Aegean, on June 23. Even if Aegean Airlines may still be selling the specific flight to Frankfurt, it can be that it’s not offered as a codeshare marketing flight anymore. Unfortunately, my colleagues cannot investigate your case without any booking details. Should you wish however to file an official complaint, please use our Feedback form.

Kind regards,
Anna
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello Alserire,

I am sorry to read that it didn’t work with your ticket. I had it checked with my colleagues in the Service Center, and it seems that in our system there is currently no connection from Heraklion to Dublin via Frankfurt, with the first leg operated by Aegean, on June 23. Even if Aegean Airlines may still be selling the specific flight to Frankfurt, it can be that it’s not offered as a codeshare marketing flight anymore. Unfortunately, my colleagues cannot investigate your case without any booking details. Should you wish however to file an official complaint, please use our Feedback form.

Kind regards,
Anna
I have to say that is most unusual. I have never had this happen to me before. I bought the ticket back in February. How is it possible that I am bumped off a flight that is operating? Surely if the ticket is solid in a valid form it must be honoured? Even if a codeshare agreement no longer exists surely sold tickets should be honoured?

I will fill out the from and see what happens. But in 40 years of flying I have never had a connection cancelled in this way before.

Thank you for your help.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:48 pm

Curious why was LH 796 FRA-HKG delayed overnight on the 14th? Was it a one-off? The route restarted recently and since HKG has strict hotel quarantine requirements, the next day arrival would have messed up the quarantine bookings and most passengers probably couldn't continue on given the designated quarantine hotels are quite full now.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:55 am

Hello hkskyline, kindly understand that we do not have the information as of why a flight is delayed or cancelled. Therefore, I am not able to provide you with more information on this. However, please be ensured that Lufthansa will do their best to accommodate each passenger in such situation.

Kind regards Jasmin
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:20 pm

Flew my first (and hopefully last ever) flight with LH 4 days ago from BER-FRA-CDG. We checked in our carry ons, as per Lufthansas request, as the flight was oversold. You then lost our luggage, which has medications we require inside. Lufthansa has done 0 to help in 4 days.

I know the bags never left BER, as my AirTags show they haven’t moved. I’ve tried calling baggage services and get told I’ll receive the bags whenever they get around to it. I’ve asked the online feedback form for what LH compensation limits or processes are, but 4 days later the only response was asking for power of attorney and then silence.

4 days without any updates or contact is unacceptable. We leave Paris on Friday and I’ve given up hope LH will even read my first questions by then.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Willybank
Flew my first (and hopefully last ever) flight with LH 4 days ago from BER-FRA-CDG. We checked in our carry ons, as per Lufthansas request, as the flight was oversold. You then lost our luggage, which has medications we require inside. Lufthansa has done 0 to help in 4 days.

I know the bags never left BER, as my AirTags show they haven’t moved. I’ve tried calling baggage services and get told I’ll receive the bags whenever they get around to it. I’ve asked the online feedback form for what LH compensation limits or processes are, but 4 days later the only response was asking for power of attorney and then silence.

4 days without any updates or contact is unacceptable. We leave Paris on Friday and I’ve given up hope LH will even read my first questions by then.
Dear Willybank,

I completely understand the frustration and would feel just like you, if affected by the same lack of support. Unfortunately, we, currently, receive so much negative feedback by passengers whose luggage was delayed as well, even though we have little to nothing that we can offer. I can only apologize for the caused upset and hope that you will have your your bags returned soon! As for your question in regards to the maximum liability, this is governed by the Montreal Convention. For the current amount, please look up information on our website (>Compensation claims, liability and insurance >Liability for your baggage). Kindly understand that this will cover everything from replacement purchases to reimbursement in case of a total loss. I hope that this proves helpful.

All the best,
Katharina
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:38 pm

Hello,

My bags did not make the connection on LH1877/LH434 this past Thursday, 6/23. I have called multiple times to try to get someone to help me route my bags to my final destination, which is in Phoenix, AZ, but I have been unable due to hold times in excess of two hours. Currently, the bags have been sitting in ORD for over 24 hours - I can see where they are since I have Apple AirTags in the two bags. Is there anyone who can help me resolve this?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by jooni
Hello,

My bags did not make the connection on LH1877/LH434 this past Thursday, 6/23. I have called multiple times to try to get someone to help me route my bags to my final destination, which is in Phoenix, AZ, but I have been unable due to hold times in excess of two hours. Currently, the bags have been sitting in ORD for over 24 hours - I can see where they are since I have Apple AirTags in the two bags. Is there anyone who can help me resolve this?
Good luck mate. See Lufthansa’s non-response to my similar question above. If it’s any consolation, they got 3/4 of our bags to our destination city 6 days after they lost them. The last one made it halfway to us, but Lufthansa is cancelling flights faster than Germany guzzles down Russian gas. Keep your receipts for your replacements and wait for these losers to pay you back whenever their final baggage solution is implemented.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:34 pm

Oh man, really sorry to hear that. How did it take 6 days when you had the AirTags showing their location??
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by jooni
Oh man, really sorry to hear that. How did it take 6 days when you had the AirTags showing their location??
Because Lufthansa employees don’t care about providing any level of service. Tried telling agents during a connection in Frankfurt, and they acted like I’m insane. One had no concept of a GPS tracker and acted like I was a witch showing her magic on my phone and refused to believe I had a problem. Another confirmed they left them, but when I asked them to do something about it they replied with “I’m in Frankfurt and your bags are in Berlin, how could I do anything?” And then refused to speak in any language but German to me after that.

Call centres were equally as useless. If you even get through to baggage, they’d claim to put a note down of location. But the next day I’d call back and my file had nothing on it.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Willybank
Because Lufthansa employees don’t care about providing any level of service. Tried telling agents during a connection in Frankfurt, and they acted like I’m insane. One had no concept of a GPS tracker and acted like I was a witch showing her magic on my phone and refused to believe I had a problem. Another confirmed they left them, but when I asked them to do something about it they replied with “I’m in Frankfurt and your bags are in Berlin, how could I do anything?” And then refused to speak in any language but German to me after that.

Call centres were equally as useless. If you even get through to baggage, they’d claim to put a note down of location. But the next day I’d call back and my file had nothing on it.
Oh god, the same thing happened to me....they have no record of my prior call with them, nor my request to forward it to my home address...
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:29 am

It's been 72 hours since my bags have landed in ORD, and they still have not been forwarded to me. I've spent at least 8 hours on the phone, sent multiple emails, filled out numerous "Feedback" forms on the LH website, and still nothing.

Reading back on this forum, it's becoming clear that Lufthansa is not a reliable airline on which to fly, at least for the near future. I thought my experience might have been unique, but the utter lack of communication/transparency/ownership/problem-solving from LH's "customer service" department is quite clearly the rule rather than the exception.

The crazy part is, I called UA out of desperation to see if they could help resolve my issue, and their baggage team has been far more helpful/understanding/proactive in helping to resolve my LH baggage issue than LH, and it's not even close.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
A quick reminder of the rules for this thread (which is meant to be used for communication with the LH lurkers):

A few housekeeping rules:
  • Please do not to respond to queries posted by others directed at the lurker
  • This thread is flame free, so there are no stupid questions
  • The lurker will primarily focus on this thread alone, so if you want to attract their attention to a hot topic, please feel free to post a pointer in this thread
  • If a certain topic evolves into a discussion, please alert the mods so we can split off the discussion into a separate thread
  • The Lurker(s) are regular members of FT, so off topic comments about them, post stalking etc etc will be dealt with as per the FT TOS.
If you want to discuss something, please open a new thread in the forum.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.