Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:41 pm

Lufthansa lurker,

I’m still missing one of my 4 bags. It’s over 10 days now. We went to CDG ourselves to pick up the 3/4 bags that were there. My GPS tracker showed the final bag arrived at CDG the day after we left and it’s been a week with no movement. You don’t answer your phone anymore, your feedback form has not replied, and the Lufthansa France phone number I was given told me to email you. Over 10 days with no communication is unacceptable. How do I get my bags and get compensated?? You’re the only Lufthansa rep I’ve had even acknowledge this in the last week.

How do I get my bag???
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:07 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Willybank
Lufthansa lurker,

I’m still missing one of my 4 bags. It’s over 10 days now. We went to CDG ourselves to pick up the 3/4 bags that were there. My GPS tracker showed the final bag arrived at CDG the day after we left and it’s been a week with no movement. You don’t answer your phone anymore, your feedback form has not replied, and the Lufthansa France phone number I was given told me to email you. Over 10 days with no communication is unacceptable. How do I get my bags and get compensated?? You’re the only Lufthansa rep I’ve had even acknowledge this in the last week.

How do I get my bag???
Hi Willy,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the heavy delay of bag and regret being faced with such a lack of support. We receive numerous similar complaints, currently. However, our hands are bound as we do not have any possibility to get a hold of the local staff and ask them to check on the individual cases. Please, use their phone number shown on the loss report, once more, and try to have them arrange the delivery. Apologies, I wish we could provide a more helpful answer.

Best,
Katharina
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi Willy,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the heavy delay of bag and regret being faced with such a lack of support. We receive numerous similar complaints, currently. However, our hands are bound as we do not have any possibility to get a hold of the local staff and ask them to check on the individual cases. Please, use their phone number shown on the loss report, once more, and try to have them arrange the delivery. Apologies, I wish we could provide a more helpful answer.

Best,
Katharina
While I feel for those also in my situation, the response you've provided to myself, and anyone else affected, is unacceptable. Please confirm that the only way I will get my bag is if I continue to spend hours of my time attempting to contact LH daily? Are you also implying that if I do not keep following up, I will never receive my bag?

Will LH compensate me for the hours I've spent attempting to call you over the last 2 weeks? I can provide call logs and my hourly rate.

Can you provide any assurances that LH will even get me my bag back, or should I consider it lost for good now? If its the latter, how do I get compensated by LH for the contents ASAP?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:51 am

Hello Lufthansa. I will be boarding a Lufthansa flight in few hours & trying to check-in. However, the booking is not showing up now. Becoming difficult to reach customer service too. Is there any alternate way where I can get some confirmation on my booking? Please note that this is a rebooked flight because LH cancelled my original flight. Traveling with family, so want to be sure that everything is in place before we reach the airport.
Thanks
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:37 pm

I am flying from ORD to FRA tomorrow and from FRA to JNB in 5 days and, while I realize I have little choice on the JNB leg, I would never have booked on LH if I had been aware of its 1930s antedeluvian adherence to useless masking mandates. It is such a shame that a once great airline has descended to the depths of wokeism. How can it ever hope to be valued for customer service when its staff hides behind masks and enforces mandates that have been rejected by substantially the rest of the thinking world?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Willybank
While I feel for those also in my situation, the response you've provided to myself, and anyone else affected, is unacceptable. Please confirm that the only way I will get my bag is if I continue to spend hours of my time attempting to contact LH daily? Are you also implying that if I do not keep following up, I will never receive my bag?

Will LH compensate me for the hours I've spent attempting to call you over the last 2 weeks? I can provide call logs and my hourly rate.

Can you provide any assurances that LH will even get me my bag back, or should I consider it lost for good now? If its the latter, how do I get compensated by LH for the contents ASAP?
Hi Willy,

as advised, we're unable to assist or speed up the tracing and delivery process via the Flyertalk. Kindly note that our hands are tied here. For any compensation claim, kindly contact Customer Relations via the feedback form on the Lufthansa website: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Feedback.

Kind regards,

Markus
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Why the LH rebooking tool still hasn't been enabled?

Dear LH Lurker,

After 5 or more years suffering constant irregularities (strikes, cancellations, Covid, sch.changes, readjustment...) I was wondering why on Earth you still haven't enabled the online LH rebooking tool so affected pax can change the tickets themselves via App or Web?
As you may know the call centres are almost impossible to reach, and when that happens, many of the staff there don't even know what has to be done
Instead of wasting so much money on new liveries, you should invest in your staff and in new technologies and make us out lives a little easier
Other, less quality airlines have had this option available for more than 10 years now and in case of irregularities, pax can rebook easily by themselves.
Thanks
59Impala likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: Senator, Miles& More
Compensation on a cancelled flight on Jun 20th ( ID 35809674)

Dear Sirs
on June 20th my flight Brussels milano Linate SN 3147 was cancelled due to the national strike in BelgiumAt the airport , the Brussels service center was not helpful at all , they just said you have to call the customer service for the rebooking. So I decided at 8.30 to call the Senator line and they helped me to find a connection to go back to milAn today . I had to take 3 train to arrive at Frankfurt and finally take the flight LH 274.I arrived at Linate airport at 17.30 instead of 11.20 ( more than 6 hour delay) and I missed 2 very important meeting in Milan Herewith enclosed you will find the expenses I had for the train and the lunchMoreover I would expect to receive a refund for what is happening today .A very loyal Senator member
Roberto Di Fabrizio
( ticket number 2202477623244)

Last edited by robertodf74; Jul 13, 2022 at 5:54 am
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
What is the current processing time for EU 261 Compensation and, more importantly EU 261 reimbursement of expenses - I am €550 out of pocked for three different cancellations because LH advised to arrange own accomodation and transfers in MUC and Milan. Oldest claim is 32 days. This is way to long to have such a high amount out of pocket.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: MM/SEN PPB FB/S BBiz SASB IHG/SE
Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines :

LH due to Germany's decision in relation to conflict in Ukraine cancelled flights from Moscow. Two flights for my parents in law were affected, rewarding booking + taxes/charges paid. The miles have been promptly refunded, however the taxes/charges are still not refunded after many primises.

I have now received two emails from LH claiming the refund has been done, but when checked with my bank/card issuer - they verified there is no refund from Lufthansa and explained that the only proof of a refund from LH would be an ACQUIRER REFERENCE NUMBER (ARN) which is generated after the reversed transaction. I have now asked LH 3 times for the ARN as proof and they DID NOT PROVIDE IT, meaning there is no evidence and no refund done.

Very unpleasant situation, given both of my elderly parents in law are LH*SEN.

My bank is now suggesting we go down the chargeback route if LH will not comply with what they're required to do. The charges are 630,18 Eur x 2 so 1260,36 Eur total.

PNRs: LNY7GG; LN7EQH.
Feedback IDs: 35506003, 35506000.

Can LufthansaGermanAirlines please check what the situation is and comment as to why the refund is still not processed, why false information on the refund is provided and is LH ready to remedy the situation?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Hi,

Flying DUB-SZG-DUB through FRA in August. Return flight FRA-DUB, LH 982 on Sun Aug 14th no longer bookable. The last time this happened me the flight was cancelled but I only got ten days' notice, which left me with a very expensive rebook as the alternative offered was the next day and I had to get home. Should I ring and find out if the flight is cancelled/ I need an early refund to rebook with another airline if it is. Any help appreciated.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by alserire
Hi,

Flying DUB-SZG-DUB through FRA in August. Return flight FRA-DUB, LH 982 on Sun Aug 14th no longer bookable. The last time this happened me the flight was cancelled but I only got ten days' notice, which left me with a very expensive rebook as the alternative offered was the next day and I had to get home. Should I ring and find out if the flight is cancelled/ I need an early refund to rebook with another airline if it is. Any help appreciated.
Hello alserire,

we have cross-checked the flight status and LH 982 is shown as scheduled in our system for your flight date. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide you with another information nor can I cancel your ticket.

Kind regards
Jasmin
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Travelozo
Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines :

LH due to Germany's decision in relation to conflict in Ukraine cancelled flights from Moscow. Two flights for my parents in law were affected, rewarding booking + taxes/charges paid. The miles have been promptly refunded, however the taxes/charges are still not refunded after many primises.

I have now received two emails from LH claiming the refund has been done, but when checked with my bank/card issuer - they verified there is no refund from Lufthansa and explained that the only proof of a refund from LH would be an ACQUIRER REFERENCE NUMBER (ARN) which is generated after the reversed transaction. I have now asked LH 3 times for the ARN as proof and they DID NOT PROVIDE IT, meaning there is no evidence and no refund done.

Very unpleasant situation, given both of my elderly parents in law are LH*SEN.

My bank is now suggesting we go down the chargeback route if LH will not comply with what they're required to do. The charges are 630,18 Eur x 2 so 1260,36 Eur total.

PNRs: LNY7GG; LN7EQH.
Feedback IDs: 35506003, 35506000.

Can LufthansaGermanAirlines please check what the situation is and comment as to why the refund is still not processed, why false information on the refund is provided and is LH ready to remedy the situation?
Hello Travelozo,

we understand that the situation must be frustrating for you. Usually, after a refund request is processed within Lufthansa Group, a refund confirmation is sent out and the payout is triggered automatically, e.g. via the credit card used for the booking. Due to international sanctions, since February 24, the payment providers stopped processing Rubel transactions and/ or transactions via sanction listed banks and all transactions in Russia, regardless of nationality or country of residence of the owner of the bank account. This leads to the situation that refunds processed on or after February 24 might have been processed within Lufthansa Group, but blocked in the payment step. As soon as the situation recovers, Lufthansa Group will strive for release of those blocked payments.

Unfortunately, I am not able to assist further, since I do not have access to the booking system nor can provide you with a number. Please feel free to get in touch with my colleagues in the Service Center once more. Furthermore, we would recommend to delete the booking code due to data protection.

Kind regards
Jasmin
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by OttoMH
What is the current processing time for EU 261 Compensation and, more importantly EU 261 reimbursement of expenses - I am €550 out of pocked for three different cancellations because LH advised to arrange own accomodation and transfers in MUC and Milan. Oldest claim is 32 days. This is way to long to have such a high amount out of pocket.
Hello OttoMH,

I am sorry to hear you are still waiting for a response. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a time frame as each feedback is handled individually. At the moment, I can only ask you to bear with my colleagues from Customer Relations for a little longer. If you received a feedback ID, I can ensure that your matter is registered and being processed.

Kind regards
Jasmin
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello alserire,

we have cross-checked the flight status and LH 982 is shown as scheduled in our system for your flight date. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide you with another information nor can I cancel your ticket.

Kind regards
Jasmin
Thank you. I’ve been informed via email it has been cancelled and offered an alternative flight which does not suit. I have cancelled the whole ticket and claimed a refund.

Do you know how long refunds are taking to show up in bank accounts? While the website said my refund claim had been successfully submitted I got no confirmation email or case number.

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.