Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by ADeutsch
Can anyone give me advice on this row regarding a flight from FRA to Washington DC 1:15PM-4:00PM. Not worried about the service or food just the seat comfort and if I will be able to get sleep. Thanks
Most of the time, in my experience TATL, passengers will close the window shades for a couple of hours after lunch & while crossing the Atlantic when there is nothing much to see - you should be able to get 2-3 hours of sleep easily.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Can anyone give me advice on this row regarding a flight from FRA to Washington DC 1:15PM-4:00PM. Not worried about the service or food just the seat comfort and if I will be able to get sleep. Thanks
Seat is okay, not great. Row 84 will be as good as any. You're reasonably distant from the lavs and the galley. Upper deck has a quiet, private feel.

Originally Posted by A380*G
Sleep? That fully depend on you and what you did night before I would say...
I'm assuming OP was asking about the seat location.

Originally Posted by MichielR
Most of the time, in my experience TATL, passengers will close the window shades for a couple of hours after lunch & while crossing the Atlantic when there is nothing much to see - you should be able to get 2-3 hours of sleep easily.
The LH amenity kit includes eyeshades. So fortunately we do not need to rely on pax closing their window shades.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:29 am

be coming back from a wedding. be nice to sleep. Heard mixed reviews regarding the FA(s) making noise in the space between rows 83 and 84. Would like to sit on top of the aircraft for quiet. can move back a row to 85 but i doubt that will do anything.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Kacee
The LH amenity kit includes eyeshades. So fortunately we do not need to rely on pax closing their window shades.
^

I am glad that there are eyeshades, as I do not like to close the window shades on day flights.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:22 am

Can anyone comment on if there are any seats with straight foot cubbies in C, except row 84? I'm currently assigned with 6D and would like to avoid the foot cubbies with the little divider.

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:58 pm

LH 747-8

On the upperdeck, how difficult is it to get out of the window seat if the aisle seat is occupied? Any suggestions on best seat in the upper deck?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
You have to climb over somebody (window) or somebody climbs over you (aisle). When the seats are configured as bed, it's a bit of a hassle, but not terrible.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by mverdoni
On the upperdeck, how difficult is it to get out of the window seat if the aisle seat is occupied? Any suggestions on best seat in the upper deck?
As easy or difficult, depending on your personal experience and flexibility, as on the main deck.

I like seats to the front of the cabin and don't mind the bulkhead in 81 , which some crticise for the allegedly small cubbyhole for the feet. I don't have any issues with that at all.
Others may guide you towards row 84 as there is a bit more room in front of these.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I believe rows 81 and 82 are blocked for SEN/HON until OLCI starts. I'd avoid row 81 since it's too close to the toilet.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:25 pm

tv video screen is where on row 84 compare to other rows on the upper deck. Is there a way to get row 82 if someone calls?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:13 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

tv video screen is where on row 84 compare to other rows on the upper deck. Is there a way to get row 82 if someone calls?
This photo shows TV screens in front of row 84.

As far as I know you have to be SEN/HON to reserve rows 81/82 in advance. You can move to row 82 if still available when online check-in starts.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
I'm traveling 1st time on LH from EWR to Frankfurt, solo traveler, United booked me on 5k, window seat looks tight, should i sit in the middle, id figure nothing to see from the windows after take off anyway.. i try to sleep on the flight but i have a 5.40 hour layover in Frankfurt to continue to Del..
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pav
My strong preference is 1K (both seats in row 1 if travelling with a companion).
With companion...

Benefit is you both get a window, but I imagine you may still be too far apart to touch or pass things?

I have ridden on the 747-400 which has two seats on each side, but not on the 747-8i which appears to only have one seat on each side near the front?

Seatguru, incorrectly I imagine, shows this section as First... I assume that is gone now or never was? LH.com allowed me to select these seats with our business ticket.

We have ridden many times on upper deck on a 747-400 but like the even more private feel in the nose and a slightly more forward view out the window.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Dhamal
I'm traveling 1st time on LH from EWR to Frankfurt, solo traveler, United booked me on 5k, window seat looks tight, should i sit in the middle, id figure nothing to see from the windows after take off anyway.. i try to sleep on the flight but i have a 5.40 hour layover in Frankfurt to continue to Del..
If you don't mind not having a window seat, one of the middle pairs of seat will have more room between you and your seat neighbour. Both you and your seat neighbour have aisle access so nobody needs to climb over somebody or be climbed over.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by dmodemd
With companion...

Benefit is you both get a window, but I imagine you may still be too far apart to touch or pass things?
1A and 1K are close enough for you to talk to each other but I'm not sure if holding hands throughout the flight is very comfortable. I felt too close (for a First Class cabin) to a guy in 1K when I was in 1A especially since there were only two of us in F! Eventually Mr 1K decided to move to 2K.

I have ridden on the 747-400 which has two seats on each side, but not on the 747-8i which appears to only have one seat on each side near the front?
That's correct. On the 747-400 the front of the main deck was/is Business Class. On the 747-8i the front of the main deck is First Class.

Seatguru, incorrectly I imagine, shows this section as First... I assume that is gone now or never was? LH.com allowed me to select these seats with our business ticket.
Are you talking about the 747-400 or the 747-8i? Don't trust what seatguru tells you but I can't see either version of the 747-400 showing First Class seats. Or are you talking about the 747-8i?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.