Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: LH M+M
I'm in 83A today; there's an exit "row" between 83+84, so there wont be feet bumping under my seat.

88 HK will give you all the "traffic" from/to lavs+galley - and maybe airflow from the stairs (dunno).
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Originally Posted by soyouwantausername
Didn't see any recent threads on this.

Was curious if any recent travelers had feedback on where to sit. Booked BOS-FRA in J, and grabbed 88 H/K since I wanted to sit upstairs, but saw reviews that this seat might not be ideal.

There is a mini cabin in rows 9-10 downstairs. Anyone have experience in this area? Row 10 is open across the board.
The mini cabin in the main deck refers to rows 10-11. I sat once in seat 10D (with my mother in 10G) and in my experience, the seats in row 10 get a lot of noise from the galleys, at least during the dinner time, but after the dinner service, everything quiets down a little. I did not have any problem at all with the noise, but this may be troublesome for someone who wishes a more quiet place.

I also sat in the upper deck, but much more in front than 88K/K (82A and 82 K), so I do not have an opinion about the seats you have taken. The front seats in the upper deck seem to me to be good ones.

Regards,

CrisKe
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: LH M+M
Can't report about 83A.. gate beeped and said move to 3G
Justin Case and jtv84 like this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:50 am

I have only been able to find limited reviews on row 16, mini Y cabin behind Business class in this thread.
I have bought row 16AB. However, I am worried that the bulkhead is massive and take all leg room. I have tried to find a picture, but that has not been possible. Want to ask if anyone has been sitting in row 16 on B747-8 behind Business class and possible experiences?
Is it really limited legroom - in which case I will change and take row 18AB instead...
Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
I have only been able to find limited reviews on row 16, mini Y cabin behind Business class in this thread.
I have bought row 16AB. However, I am worried that the bulkhead is massive and take all leg room. I have tried to find a picture, but that has not been possible. Want to ask if anyone has been sitting in row 16 on B747-8 behind Business class and possible experiences?
Is it really limited legroom - in which case I will change and take row 18AB instead...
Thanks
Just an update. I sat in 16AB. Little more leg room, but a solid wall towards the business cabin. As it was a solid wall, it was not possible to strecht out legs. However, I would still take these seats over a regular Y seat, as there is no one seat in front of you that will recline.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Rows 81-83 are currently blocked on my flight, I assume for SEN/HON only. Does anyone know when the block is released?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Foot Wells

can anyone help out with what the foot wells are like size wise in Biz? ON UA if Im not in a bulkhead seat then theres no room for me to stick my feet in the wells comfortably and when I want to change how Im sleeping I must pull my feet out in a fetal position turn and reinsert them. UA bulkhead I simply turn they are that wide. Im 6'2"

Never flew the LH 748 would appreciate it if a list of seats with a wide foot well can be posted. btw on LX and OS I must take a seat where the well is open to the aisle or else I run into the same problem as with a non-bulkhead on UA
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:51 pm

All downstairs seats in the middle (D/G) have significantly more foot space.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by curt
But the bulkheads have the monitors above the foot space (like on LX/OS) so these should be avoided if you are tall or have very large feet.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Normally all LH business seats have no limits on the foot space except the bulkhead.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by curt
Thx to those who replied and to curt downstairs middle is perfect thx for the headsup
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: LH M&M FTL
Hi all,
I just cleared my plusgrade to J on LH416 this Thursday. It is a one-time opportunity for me to fly J on 747-8i, so I really want to fly on the upper deck.

I am currently seated in 81A - can anyone report on the engine/wing-view for your average avgeek, for some GoPro shots?
Is there any limitation in space in the bulkhead seats for 6" person?

From what I understand from this thread, rows 81-82 are mostly reserved for SEN/HON holders - and they have been showing up as blocked on expertflyer until today.

My other window options are: 87A on the left side 86K, 87K, 88K on right, however, they all have someone in the aisle.
My 81A has B empty so far and I always prefer not to disturb the person next to me.

Any suggestions from fellow travellers?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Originally Posted by ondraondra
Hi all,
I just cleared my plusgrade to J on LH416 this Thursday. It is a one-time opportunity for me to fly J on 747-8i, so I really want to fly on the upper deck.

I am currently seated in 81A - can anyone report on the engine/wing-view for your average avgeek, for some GoPro shots?
Is there any limitation in space in the bulkhead seats for 6" person?

From what I understand from this thread, rows 81-82 are mostly reserved for SEN/HON holders - and they have been showing up as blocked on expertflyer until today.

My other window options are: 87A on the left side 86K, 87K, 88K on right, however, they all have someone in the aisle.
My 81A has B empty so far and I always prefer not to disturb the person next to me.

Any suggestions from fellow travellers?

Last February, I got 82A and 82K (on the return flight), the first one with paid upgrade at check-in desk and the last one with MyOfffer (Plusgrade).

In both flights, I could not see the engines or the wings, so I suppose that will be the same thing with 81A. These seats are good because they seem to be quieter then others, but they are much on the front of the aircraft if you want to see the engines.

Rows 81-83 are in fact reserved for SEN/HON, but at the check-in on line time they are free to anyone on business to take. At the check-in desk, when I paid for the upgrade, the check-in agent told me that 82A was the only window seat available (and she offered me without question about my MM status, which is the "blue card"). I took it without thinking twice.

On the return flight, as soon as MyOffer was accepted (just one day before the on-line check-in), I opened the LH App to see which seats were available on the upper deck, and again, the only window seat available upstairs was 82K. I could take it even before the on-line check-in and even not being SEN/HON.

I suppose that you will be able to see the engines/wings on 86K and 87A/K, but I have my doubt about 88K

CrisKe.

Last edited by criske; Sep 4, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: LH SEN
Slightly different topic, i.e. Economy. Unless you are lucky and have the middle four seats for yourself I suppose there is no big difference.

Any recommendation? currently 18D that has the star (preferred). I don't like very much those behind PE, great leg space but tight since the table is in the armrest
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:20 am

Would anyone know if there is enough room at the Row 84 bulkhead to leave the window seat without having to climb over the person in the aisle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.