Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
1A and 1K are close enough for you to talk to each other but I'm not sure if holding hands throughout the flight is very comfortable.
You would need fairly long arms for holding hands and, to me, they even feel too far apart for a conversation. Having said that, however, they are so close together, that I always felt that the back side of the FA was very prominent in my face when the FA served the pax across the aisle.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Ok, I see now that although we are booked in business class, it appears that they are allowing business class booking to sit in those seats and all forward cabin service will be business class service.

(onemileatatime picked up on this as well:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...747-8-seattle/
)

We had a similar situation when we flew on Thai. We reserved first class seats with business class service. That was a nice treat.

Looking at photos from this review...:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...t-class-747-5/

I can see the distance between 1A and 1K. We have had times where we had to sit one behind each other on configs with 1-x-1 since we at least want one window and we tolerated it. Another benefit here is we get 3 windows on each side of the plane.

The ottoman storage looks nice. Someone posted a comment in the blog that you wouldn't get mattress padding in the F seats?

The comments also state that only LH elite are supposed to be allowed in there but I was able to reserve those seats. We are both *G at least, so hopefully they don't kick us out??

Another typical benefit of the upper deck is the side storage cabinets (UA had this, does LH?). Not only the storage, but the extra space for knees when sleeping on one's side.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:21 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Ok, I see now that although we are booked in business class, it appears that they are allowing business class booking to sit in those seats and all forward cabin service will be business class service.

(onemileatatime picked up on this as well:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...747-8-seattle/
)

We had a similar situation when we flew on Thai. We reserved first class seats with business class service. That was a nice treat.

Looking at photos from this review...:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...t-class-747-5/

I can see the distance between 1A and 1K. We have had times where we had to sit one behind each other on configs with 1-x-1 since we at least want one window and we tolerated it. Another benefit here is we get 3 windows on each side of the plane.
You can see the distance between 1A and 1K in the first photo of the first post better than the second photo you have linked. I know a couple who have travelled in 1A and 1K and they were certainly able to talk to each other.

The ottoman storage looks nice. Someone posted a comment in the blog that you wouldn't get mattress padding in the F seats?
Do you mean when the cabin is used for Business Class? In First Class you will get a mattress. I doubt if you will get a mattress when those seats are used as Business seats.

Another typical benefit of the upper deck is the side storage cabinets (UA had this, does LH?). Not only the storage, but the extra space for knees when sleeping on one's side.
Yes, there are storage cabinets on the upper deck as you will see in this photo but they may be too high for your knees.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:01 pm

747-8 bassinet seats, first class

Hello!

Dors anybody know what seats has the bassinet mounts on the 747-8? I know 2K has one, but are there more mounts?

For example, on the a340 2D and 2G has mounts.

Thank you
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
2K is the only designated F seat with a bassinet fitting on the B748:

Code:

SM LH  0754  F 28SEP FRABLR        74H                                          
        A     D  G     K                                                        
F  1    .              .   1  F                                                 
   2    .              C   2                                                    
   3    .     .  .     .   3                                                    
        A     D  G     K                                                        

. AVAILABLE   <> WING     F GEN FACI   K GALLEY   E EXIT    C COT               
+ OCCUPIED    - LAST OFF  H HANDICAP   Q QUIET    G GROUPS  P PET               
/ RESTRICTED  B BULKHEAD  V PREF.SEAT  X BLOCKED  L LEGROOM U UMNR              
() SMOKING    D DEPORTEE  UP UP-DECK   Z NO FILM  I INFANT  R REAR              
Y CHARGEABLE                                                                    
>
nollbit likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:02 pm

747-8 SEA F for J

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You can see the distance between 1A and 1K in the first photo of the first post better than the second photo you have linked. I know a couple who have travelled in 1A and 1K and they were certainly able to talk to each other.

Do you mean when the cabin is used for Business Class? In First Class you will get a mattress. I doubt if you will get a mattress when those seats are used as Business seats.

Yes, there are storage cabinets on the upper deck as you will see in this photo but they may be too high for your knees.
I booked a J award LH to SEA and was able to reserve row 1 on the 747-8 F cabin. I don't have any status with LH so I'm hoping that LH doesn't change my seat if SEN and HON pax demand a F seat. No guarantees, I'm guessing?
Used 63K LifeMiles and if I can keep that seat it would be a real bargain.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Lavs on the 748i (Biz & First)

Just wondering if any of you have experienced what I have noted on the lower deck of the 748i:

1. Business class lavs toilets facing aft (towards the tail) have seat covers that are weighted incorrectly and while the a/c is in the air, tend to rest on one's back while seated.

(Only 1 flight taken on this particular aircraft recently)

2. First class lavs have the flush button covered by the large toilet cover, so when open, one has to close this large/relatively heavy cover in order to flush the toilet.

(Was the return segment)

Does anyone have the same experience as No. 1 above?

Pretty asinine design by Boeing...if they were the ones responsible...

Brought this to the attention of the purser, but he said that it was Boeing's fault as they designed the toilets while the a/c was on the ground!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
For your second question, I believe that the toilets are supposed to be flushed when closed (even think that SQ has notice about it), so, IMHO, this is by design, preventing flushing before closing.

For the first question, I would rather think that the particular seat was not functioning correctly, rather than bad design. I remember that similar did happen to me on SQ's A380 once...
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by vbroucek
For your second question, I believe that the toilets are supposed to be flushed when closed (even think that SQ has notice about it), so, IMHO, this is by design, preventing flushing before closing.
Precisely why though?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Precisely why though?
Cabin pressurisation? To avoid sucking out something that was not supposed to be sucked out?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
1. Business class lavs toilets facing aft (towards the tail) have seat covers that are weighted incorrectly and while the a/c is in the air, tend to rest on one's back while seated.

(Only 1 flight taken on this particular aircraft recently)
I had the same experience on my single flight on an LH 748 in C.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Precisely why though?
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/18/op....18791456.html

Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:50 am

talking about lavatories:
how many lavs in UD? Some charts shows 2 in the front and 1 in the back. Others just 1 in the front and 1 in the back.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by rortoni
talking about lavatories:
how many lavs in UD? Some charts shows 2 in the front and 1 in the back. Others just 1 in the front and 1 in the back.
Both are correct: one in back and two in front, of which one is for the cockpit crew exclusively.
N1003U and rortoni like this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: United MP Platinum
[Lufthansa Business] Where to Sit 747-8 J Seating

Didn't see any recent threads on this.

Was curious if any recent travelers had feedback on where to sit. Booked BOS-FRA in J, and grabbed 88 H/K since I wanted to sit upstairs, but saw reviews that this seat might not be ideal.

There is a mini cabin in rows 9-10 downstairs. Anyone have experience in this area? Row 10 is open across the board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.