Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Call the LH First Class line, they will help you.
Thanks, I didn't know that there is a LF F line, where can I find their number? ^
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NicoEBG
Thanks, I didn't know that there is a LF F line, where can I find their number? ^
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...s-hotline.html
Old Jan 21, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thanks a lot, I will try call them ^
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:39 am

On Wednesday, 22.1.2014, I flew to Frankfurt from Wroclaw at 17:35 by flight operating by Lufthansa LH1373. I was sitting on 7A place, so in the front of the aircraft. Nobody was siting next to me. I was having the 2 pieces of hand luggage, my red trolley and my handbag with: keys to my home and to hostel that I working there were hanging on a orange belt with a logo of Optimus Alive, small black gum pocket with a Viva Lisboa card, lipstick, some coins and red wallet Burberry which have inside: 1000€, 70 zlotys, credit card, debit card, some customers cards, driving license, some coins (polish and euros) and my medication - Hevirozan, vitamin B. Description of handbag: vintage, medium-small size, black, handmade textile, with green-red flowers, golden, metal closing, golden chain to hang on the shoulder. I put my trolley up to the shelf and my handbag was just next to my leg. I never do that, I have always just one piece of luggage but this time as I have so much money in it (which were to buy more medication in Portugal) I spare the luggage and have the handbag with me. I was slipping all the flight (I suffer of seriously illness) and the bag was next to my feet. When we came to Frankfurt, when the aircraft had landed I wore my coat and scarf, wait when quite everybody left the aircraft (I don’t like this stress with going out from the plane), I catch my trolley and left. Forgot my handbag. I remember about it the bus, when we were about to leave to the airport. I ran to looking for help. The guy from Senators Lounge (which was the closest which I saw) told me to go to the gate 22 where is help desk. I ran there. When I came, it was about 15 min when I leave the plane, I told everything the woman at desk. She call the Lost and Founds of Lufthansa. First time and second time nobody answered. The third time she was speaking with woman working in Lost and Founds. She wanted to speak with me. I told her what happened. She ask me what I have inside my bag. I haven’t understand her propely. I told her about the 1000€ and she react very nervously - told that she will send someone immediately to the aircraft. And hang out. I was surprised that she hang out.
I recognized immidiatly that my bag was missing so trustfully i was going directly to the woman on the helping desk in gate 22. I explaind her, that there was a lot of money in my bag. The way, the woman behave, made me misstruss her, so that I now suspect her to steal my bag or working with someone with the cleaning staff. .
The woman on the help desk told me to sit and came again in 20min. I did that. So, when I came back, she said that the woman from Lost and Founds of Lufthansa called her and told that nothing was found. But her collegue was in the aircraft after the cleaning staff. The crew were still on board. The woman from help desk advised me to go to the Board 284 outside, in the airport. I went there. It was 17:55. There were nobody just the phone to call Lost and Found LH. I called 4 times but nobody were answering. The 5th time answered the woman that I was speaking before. She told me that at 18:00 they are picking up the things left in the aircraft so I need to wait about 15 min and call her again. I did that. About time that I supposed to call, there was a coulpe calling to her. They hang up and looking happy, in next moment the woman from Lost and Found Office appeared and gave them their lost passports. Then I asked her about my bag, but she said that she haven’t time to see, and will do that now, said also that she will come back with my bag or not. I was so glad that she wanted to help me. She came back about 18:45 and said that nothing was found. She said also that I can claim the robbery at the police. And can go also to the Fraport. I went there but it was open till 18:00, and I was there at 19:00.
I had a plain at 21:00 to Lisbon, also by Lufthansa, so I went to my gate A50, needed to pass again personal control, stand in line - without taking my medication…

I am asking you to help me find my bag. I can make a reward. I cannot belive that I happened in Lufthansa airlines. I have always trusted in this company. I always felt safe. How could it happened? Are the aircrafts are not safe any more?

On Wednesday, 22.1.2014, I flew to Frankfurt from Wroclaw at 17:35 by flight operating by Lufthansa LH1373. I was sitting on 7A place, so in the front of the aircraft. Nobody was siting next to me. I was having the 2 pieces of hand luggage, my red trolley and my handbag with: keys to my home and to hostel that I working there were hanging on a orange belt with a logo of Optimus Alive, small black gum pocket with a Viva Lisboa card, lipstick, some coins and red wallet Burberry which have inside: 1000€, 70 zlotys, credit card, debit card, some customers cards, driving license, some coins (polish and euros) and my medication - Hevirozan, vitamin B. Description of handbag: vintage, medium-small size, black, handmade textile, with green-red flowers, golden, metal closing, golden chain to hang on the shoulder. I put my trolley up to the shelf and my handbag was just next to my leg. I never do that, I have always just one piece of luggage but this time as I have so much money in it (which were to buy more medication in Portugal) I spare the luggage and have the handbag with me. I was slipping all the flight (I suffer of seriously illness) and the bag was next to my feet. When we came to Frankfurt, when the aircraft had landed I wore my coat and scarf, wait when quite everybody left the aircraft (I don’t like this stress with going out from the plane), I catch my trolley and left. Forgot my handbag. I remember about it the bus, when we were about to leave to the airport. I ran to looking for help. The guy from Senators Lounge (which was the closest which I saw) told me to go to the gate 22 where is help desk. I ran there. When I came, it was about 15 min when I leave the plane, I told everything the woman at desk. She call the Lost and Founds of Lufthansa. First time and second time nobody answered. The third time she was speaking with woman working in Lost and Founds. She wanted to speak with me. I told her what happened. She ask me what I have inside my bag. I haven’t understand her propely. I told her about the 1000€ and she react very nervously - told that she will send someone immediately to the aircraft. And hang out. I was surprised that she hang out.
I recognized immidiatly that my bag was missing so trustfully i was going directly to the woman on the helping desk in gate 22. I explaind her, that there was a lot of money in my bag. The way, the woman behave, made me misstruss her, so that I now suspect her to steal my bag or working with someone with the cleaning staff. .
The woman on the help desk told me to sit and came again in 20min. I did that. So, when I came back, she said that the woman from Lost and Founds of Lufthansa called her and told that nothing was found. But her collegue was in the aircraft after the cleaning staff. The crew were still on board. The woman from help desk advised me to go to the Board 284 outside, in the airport. I went there. It was 17:55. There were nobody just the phone to call Lost and Found LH. I called 4 times but nobody were answering. The 5th time answered the woman that I was speaking before. She told me that at 18:00 they are picking up the things left in the aircraft so I need to wait about 15 min and call her again. I did that. About time that I supposed to call, there was a coulpe calling to her. They hang up and looking happy, in next moment the woman from Lost and Found Office appeared and gave them their lost passports. Then I asked her about my bag, but she said that she haven’t time to see, and will do that now, said also that she will come back with my bag or not. I was so glad that she wanted to help me. She came back about 18:45 and said that nothing was found. She said also that I can claim the robbery at the police. And can go also to the Fraport. I went there but it was open till 18:00, and I was there at 19:00.
I had a plain at 21:00 to Lisbon, also by Lufthansa, so I went to my gate A50, needed to pass again personal control, stand in line - without taking my medication…

I am asking you to help me find my bag. I can make a reward. I cannot belive that I happened in Lufthansa airlines. I have always trusted in this company. I always felt safe. How could it happened? Are the aircrafts are not safe any more?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:43 am

My lost wallet in Fraport was available in the Lost and Found office. Since I was not going to be back in Germany anytime soon, I paid a friend to go and collect it on my behalf. The wallet was handed to him but Lufthansa took out the cash (~$500). I was asked to make a separate claim for the transfer. I lost money in the conversion charges (they converted the USD to EUR) and probably will need to pay the wire transfer charges to get it back. I am unlikely to get any of the money back after all the expenses but just the wallet and the stuff it contained. Maybe it would've been easier just to cancel the credit cards and apply for replacements..
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:32 am

Help! I lost a iPhone 5, black, on the noon arriving flight from Munich to Graz, Austria. Where can I call for a search and rescue person to help me out?
Jim Branco
MM Gold
Old Mar 21, 2014, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Jim Branco
Help! I lost a iPhone 5, black, on the noon arriving flight from Munich to Graz, Austria. Where can I call for a search and rescue person to help me out?
Jim Branco
MM Gold
If you can, I think your best bet is to go to the airport and talk the agents over there. I would not have high hopes, though...
Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:37 am

Left item onboard LH761 @ Frankfurt…any tips?

Hi,

My father forgot a personal bag in the business class cabin of Lufthansa flight 761 arriving into Frankfurt this morning. Reported to airport LH staff in the transit area/terminal 1 within 45 minutes of de-boarding - not much help, just gave him an email address ([email protected]). Sent an inquiry there, no phone # or ticketing system to follow up…so not too sure what response/attention to expect there.

Does anybody know if Lufthansa has a star alliance support desk somewhere at the airport that can help in such situations? Am a Premier Platinum/Star gold with United, flying tons on both LH/United. Any experiences trying to recover stuff from planes in Frankfurt?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks !!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:58 pm

Hi all, I'm glad I found this site and hope someone here will be able to help me.

I'm a professional photographer and forgot - yeah, you're guessing right - my DSLR camera on flight LH477 from YVR to MUC on April 19 (arrival at about 2pm, seat 40A, camera was left on seat 40B).
I was too busy to notice that I had forgotten the cam until 3hrs after arrival in MUC...and it took me about 1hr more to get some useful information from the LH hotline (all were very friendly, but only the 3rd guy really helpful). I emailed to the LH lost cabin people at MUC - they replied 1 day later, but couldn't find my camera. same with the general lost & found at MUC - no signs of my camera.
I got the advice that the same plane I had forgotten my cam on flew to Montreal the same day (LH474 - I don't know if this information is correct or the plane flew back to YVR...?) - so I called LH lost & found at Montreal airport (called them 14x before finally someone took off the phone) - no signs of my camera.
Finally I'm getting quite desperate...cam + lens are worth several thousand €, and I need it for my work.
Any, even the slightest help is deeply appreciated - I really need the camera back!! It's not like it could just have gone lost...it's HUGE and HEAVY.
details: Sony Alpha 99 + Carl Zeiss cz1635 lens. left it in a camera bag between 2 pillows on the seat, but I'm not so sure about that anymore...maybe it's just the camera without the bag.

thanks for your help!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:33 pm

After reading this thread I was a bit nervous about trying to get my mislaid headphones (rather nice noise-cancelling ones) back, but thought I'd mail Lufthansa anyway (using the address given earlier in this thread) and see how it went. I got a nice reply within about twelve hours saying they hadn't found them, but will check again in a few days (I'm not 100% sure I left them on a Lufthansa flight, it was a combination of about 36 hours flying and I wasn't too awake towards the end). So contrary to other peoples' bad experiences, I got pretty good service from Lufthansa.

(Just as another data point, the only other time I've left something behind - same headphones, I think they're cursed - was on an Air New Zealand flight. I reported it to the gate agent, he told me to wait at the lost-luggage counter and they'd send someone back onto the plane to fetch them. About ten minutes later I had them back. That was pretty good service).
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:46 pm

I lost my laptop on Flight LH 920 from Frankfurt to London Heathrow, on August 18, in the evening. I have wrote an email to the lost and found email given here, but I have received no reply yet. I contacted both airports lost and found - they replied to my queries, but negatively, nothing has been found. I have quite a lot of important information on the laptop.

Does anyone have any further advice on what I could do to try and recuperate it? Many thanks in advance
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:46 pm

Unhappy Forgotten Camera on Lufthansa flight

I've been trying to reach the company since the beginning of the month, and even called to the Frankfurt Airport, but all in vain. No one answers my e-mails, and I really need to get my camera back. I flew from Budapest to Frankfurt on August 31st, at the Lufthansa flight LH 1343.
I was at the seat number 24A, and the camera bag was left under the seat.
It's a black bag with the camera and some necklasses (the necklasses are not important, only the camera, you can trow them away). The camera is a Nikon P520, and
contains a memory card with pictures taken in Budapest. After this flight I had take I flight
of Condor to Brazil, so I didn't have enough time to ask for the camera in the airport.
It is very important to me, so if you fond it please contact me.
Attached, you can find the camera warranty cupon and my boarding pass.

my personal e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:01 pm

Left Camera on the Plane, LH1125 BCN-FRA

I traveled on 25 September 2014 on LH1125 from Barcelona to Frankfurt. I left my camera under the seat in front of me. I realized I lost it about 10 minutes after deboarding, and by then it was too late to go back as I already went through customs and my connecting flight was boarding.

The agents at the airport could not help me try to contact someone at or near that gate that could help. They only gave me the e-mail of [email protected]

Based on my understanding, using this e-mail to contact the airport does not always work. I have been assured through a post on Facebook and Twitter that was replied to me that they will respond at some point, but they need time to document all items collected.

So far I have done the following:

1) Contacted them through [email protected]
2) Contacted the Frankfurt airport lost item email
3) Contacted LH through their customer service form on the website
4) Contacted the Frankfurt airport through their online claim for for lost items
5) Called the US customer service agents who gave me this phone number: +49 180 637 246 36. When I called they told me it was the airport lost & found and they could not help me

I know from speaking to Lufthansa that the flight goes between Frankfurt and Barcelona. Any suggestions would be helpful. I feel like e-mailing is just going to put my request to find my item into a Lufthansa black hole, and I'd like to increase my chances of getting my camera back, even though I know they are slim.

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 5:38 pm

Successfully retrieved lost property on a Lufthansa Flight

On the 1st of November 2014, I travelled from Munich to Tokyo's Haneda airport on LH714. I then travelled by train to Sendai when I realised that I had left my reading glasses in their case on the plane. That evening I was able to contact Haneda Airport lost property office who gave me the telephone no of Lufthansa lost property at the airport. It would not be open at that time but would be after 8:30 next day.
On Monday the 2nd of November I telephoned the Lufthansa lost property office at Haneda at around 9:30 and explained what had happened. At around 15:30 I was telephoned back to say my reading glasses had been found. I asked if they could be posted to the hotel in Osaka where I was due to check into on the 4th of November. The lost property staff member who had contacted my said they would be sent there by courier.
When arrived at my hotel in Osaka at around 21:00 on the 4th of November my reading gasses were waiting for me.
Impressive service Lufthansa Haneda airport
Thank you
Terry Jones
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:30 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
TerryJones, welcome to FlyerTalk!

We'll move this thread into the dedicated forum to discuss matters about Lufthansa operations, so that it may be shared with those who fly Lufthansa regularly. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.