Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2024, 12:56 pm

Hi everyone, I wanted to share the good news that I got my phone back, in large part thanks to this community! I cannot thank you all enough for your guidance about what to do when I was trying to track down the plane to see if I could find the phone that way. Thanks to you all, I tracked the plane itself (something I never knew possible). I saw that the plane had done nearly 150 additional flights since I had lost my phone, and I proceeded to contact all 22 different airports it had traveled to. Within an hour, I heard from a small airport in the little city of Wroclaw, Poland that they had my phone. After calling them to confirm, they informed me that someone had to come in person to pick it up. I turned to a women's travel Facebook group to see if in the off chance I'd be able to find anyone who was based there. Sure enough, I not only found someone living there but she graciously agreed to go get it and FedEx it back to me. Yesterday, I got my phone with all of those precious photos and memories back!!!! Thank you once again to this group for guiding a novice like me through this process.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 12:58 pm

Hi, posted in this thread but just wanted to say that your advice was the main reason I figured out how to track the plane and find my phone. Thank you for helping a stranger out--much appreciated!
Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:52 pm

Programs: M&M Senator
Originally Posted by lostphoneholdinghope
Hi everyone, I wanted to share the good news that I got my phone back, in large part thanks to this community! I cannot thank you all enough for your guidance about what to do when I was trying to track down the plane to see if I could find the phone that way. Thanks to you all, I tracked the plane itself (something I never knew possible). I saw that the plane had done nearly 150 additional flights since I had lost my phone, and I proceeded to contact all 22 different airports it had traveled to. Within an hour, I heard from a small airport in the little city of Wroclaw, Poland that they had my phone. After calling them to confirm, they informed me that someone had to come in person to pick it up. I turned to a women's travel Facebook group to see if in the off chance I'd be able to find anyone who was based there. Sure enough, I not only found someone living there but she graciously agreed to go get it and FedEx it back to me. Yesterday, I got my phone with all of those precious photos and memories back!!!! Thank you once again to this group for guiding a novice like me through this process.
Glad you found your phone - surprised that you think a city with 750,000 residents, a university and multinational population should be described as a 'little city' ...
Old Feb 25, 2024, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What a wonderful story.

Gamerska It is small. Most people in the Western world have never heard of it. I believe it’s 640k by the way.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 4:25 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Wroclaw of all places!
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.