Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by Truffles
They took about 10 minutes to retrieve my laptop which I left on the plane if that helps.
That's helpful, thank you!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Avis First
Lost Item FRA senator lounge non-schegen

Hello

I stupidly left my Macbook Air today at the FRA Senator Lounge in B41 non-schengen lounge. I tried calling reservations and they referred me to FRA lost and found, which told me to email [email protected].

Does anyone have any better idea on how to get in touch with someone at the lounge?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Avis First
So I got a very timely response from the email address. The laptop was found, and I can pick it up or they can send it to me via German Mail service, which would take weeks.

I asked if I could pay for a more expedited service, they said if I could get a courier to pickup the laptop with a reference number and letter of authorization from me that would work.

Does anyone know of any service that could do such a thing at the Frankfurt airport?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: United Silver
Personal Item left of LH flight

Hello,

This is my first post, thank you for this outlet! I stupidly left an iPod Classic that I just got finished rebuilding and upgrading, on a flight from Madrid to Frankfurt on July 13th (LH 1123).

I placed the iPod on the seat while organizing my backpack while disembarking the plane and think it may have fell or went on side of seat. As soon as I got to the "bus", I checked my backpack for the iPod and realized it wasn't there. Then I tried to get back on the plane to retrieve it and the friendly folks wouldn't allow me to go back for it.

So I followed their instructions and jumped through a bunch of hoops, including having to go through security to the "lost and found", which was basically just a phone that you pick up and are told to email the details to [email protected].

I was assured on the phone that this is the fastest way and I would have a response that day. I did get a response that they didn't see it and would check back later. Still waiting.

Im hoping someone has some experience dealing with this and if they have any tips. Are all of the planes "cleaned" after each flight or just once? Could this plane have been cleaned at a different airport and the iPod is sitting in "Lost and Found" at some other airport?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
FRA lost and found basically enters a report in the system and the items found by the cleaning crew(s) are crosschecked with the database. Your aircraft left for Cairo about one hour after arriving from BCN: http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/d-aiso

You could write to the stations the aircraft touched so far to see if they found anything...
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Lost glasses on LH

I did an online search about the subject but it wasn't really conclusive.
I lost my glasses yesterday upon disembarking from a LH plane in FRA and I'm not sure who to contact now (and how).

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:12 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Check this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...eft-cabin.html
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thanks a lot NewbieRunner, that's exactly what I was looking for.
I guess the jetlag is stronger than I thought...
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Had to think of this thread when I read this tweet:

https://twitter.com/Airport_FRA/stat...46285148880896

Poor Jesús...
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:37 am
Fav

Dissapointed by Lufthansa...disgusted

Some months ago I had a flight with connection, performed by Lufthansa and I left my ebook in the first plane. I wrote an email and they found it, I wrote all the details to have it back and they promissed they will send it free of charge. I waited for 3 months amd when I never got it, I sent an email. They said that they sent it but I wasn't home...and they asked to pay as the only other way. No one contacted me..no email, no Phone call...was probably just a lie
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:41 am

You left your widget on a plane. It's your responsibility to keep up with your own belongings. They tried to return it. They did nothing wrong. The disgust here should be with yourself.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Why are you disgusted?

LH went out of its way for you when you were 100% at fault for leaving the item behind. LH is not your nanny. They sent it, you were not home to receive it and now it's up to you to pay to have them send it a second time.

Most carriers would not send it in the first place unless you provide a CC # for an overnight delivery service.

Last edited by Often1; Aug 9, 2015 at 11:15 am
Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:13 pm
Fav

I

Originally Posted by Fleck
You left your widget on a plane. It's your responsibility to keep up with your own belongings. They tried to return it. They did nothing wrong. The disgust here should be with yourself.
If you would read more carefully it would be easy to understand that I was not disgusted because I lost the damned thing. I was disgusted they lied...no one contacted me, they didn't sent the ebook to me...but it's too much for you probably...
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Fav
If you would read more carefully it would be easy to understand that I was not disgusted because I lost the damned thing. I was disgusted they lied...no one contacted me, they didn't sent the ebook to me...but it's too much for you probably...
No. You, in your first post, made the accusation that LH "lied". By your own admission, that is untrue. According to your own version, LH sent the item, but you were not available to sign for it, so it was returned. You then waited three months and contacted LH only to learn that they still have the item and are willing to send it a second time, but this time you must pay for your own negligence.

All of this is according to your own version.,

As noted, you should be grateful as most carriers would have tossed the thing or required you to come to the airport to pick it up or charged a significant fee.

No good deed goes unpunished.

If you want the item, pay LH and get it.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:52 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Mr. Ericka left his ipad on a LH flight. He's gone through the proper channels reporting it and there has been nothing turned in yet....4 days later. How long should he wait before throwing in the towel and buying a new one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.