Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: LH, SPG
Belongings left on a plane - any ideas?

I was on LH425 this morning, in F. After deplaning, just as I got to the lounge in MUC I realized I left about $2000 worth of electronics in one of the seat compartments on the plane. I asked the lounge staff about it and they said they'd check.

About 90 minutes later, when it was time to go to my connecting flight, I asked the staff again and they said they haven't heard anything yet, but they gave me the phone number to lost & found.

After getting off the final flight of the day, I called the lost & found number. It turns out they only dealt with checked luggage so I got another number from them, for the cabin luggage department. I spoke to them and they said there was no sign of anything like I described off of 425 that morning.

I then called the HON line for advice. They said that at this point my best course of action would be to contact customer service.

Seriously??? I was in the lounge 10 minutes after the plane doors opened. The staff could have (should have?) contacted the cabin crew and they could have checked. Obviously that did not happen.

Now either the cleaning crew missed the compartment (that's often the case, I often find things in there from the previous pax... but only trash so far), or they found it and decided to keep it instead of leaving it with lost & found.

My hope at this point is that my stuff is on its way to some airport far away, and a fellow passenger (best case) or the cleaning crew on that end (worst case) ends up finding it.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? Is it even worth sending a message to customer service? In my past experiences that contact is more of a black hole than anything else.

The things left on the plane had nothing to identify me, no label with contact info, etc.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martona

I then called the HON line for advice. They said that at this point my best course of action would be to contact customer service.
Uh oh... does your TA have a contact with LH sales that can help you? That may be your best bet. The HON line is now sometimes getting diverted to very helpful operators in certain countries- I would get your TA to contact someone or if this is not possible see if someone on the board here can attempt to help you with a contact (i.e. oliver if he possibly has time???). Good luck.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Uh oh... does your TA have a contact with LH sales that can help you? That may be your best bet. The HON line is now sometimes getting diverted to very helpful operators in certain countries- I would get your TA to contact someone or if this is not possible see if someone on the board here can attempt to help you with a contact (i.e. oliver if he possibly has time???). Good luck.
That's a great idea, my TA can earn his keep. I fired off an email to him.

Oliver, if you're reading this, any help would be appreciated.

The flight was 425 into Munich on the morning of the 24th, and I was in F (2K).

The things left behind were a Nintendo 3DS, about 40 games, various accessories, all in a plastic case, and a Mac charger.

It's not so much about the _stuff_ per se (even though replacing them would be expensive), but I have countless hours sunk into some of those games (Advance Wars Dual Strike FTW), and my saves are irreplaceable.

If anyone's wondering I'm pushing 40 and my wife is totally cool with this thing.

I'm a bit pissed at the lounge wardens: if they haven't contacted the cabin crew when I told them about items left on the plane, what exactly DID they do?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The cabin crew leaves the aircraft minutes after the last pax deplanes, the cleaning crews put everything found (which seems to be quite a bit) in a bag that goes to the cabin L&F service center in MUC. So send them an email (again) and see what they say.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The cabin crew leaves the aircraft minutes after the last pax deplanes, the cleaning crews put everything found (which seems to be quite a bit) in a bag that goes to the cabin L&F service center in MUC. So send them an email (again) and see what they say.
I don't have an email contact for them; all I have is a phone number. I spoke to them several times on Friday, and once tonight. Very friendly people btw. No luck regarding the stuff though. I guess at this point it's safe to assume the items are gone for good.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Their emailID is on the website: http://www.munich-airport.de/en/cons...=visit_2405477
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:49 pm

I emailed MUC cabin lost & found (thanks Oliver for the link), and I also sent a similar message (with details on the exchange in the lounge, questions about potential other lost & found departments at the aircraft's next destination, etc) to customer service.

MUC responded with a nice but negative message (i.e. nothing turned up). I guess it's about time I stop pestering them.

I also got this just now from CS, which makes me want to kick someone in the nether regions:

Dear Mr. martona,

Thank you for contacting the Lufthansa Internet Service Center.

To inquire about items left on a Lufthansa aircraft which may have been returned to the lost and found department, please contact our Baggage Call Center directly at (877) 234-3449. Our staff in this department has computer access to information about missing items.

We look forward to serving you, online and in flight. Thank you for choosing Lufthansa.

PLEASE NOTE: This is a one time generated message. Replies will be deleted.
I rang the number in the email. I wasn't expecting much, and I wasn't disappointed. They only deal with checked luggage, and the most they could do for me was give me the MUC lost & found number, which is of course still in my call history.

So chalk up another one for LH CS.

That last sentence is a very nice touch. No further conversation to be had on the topic I guess.

I'd totally go on a rage bender and write another message to CS just to make myself feel better (I'm sure no other good would come of it) but life's too short. Moving on from the issue. Kind of makes me want to move on from LH as well, a bit - see who would treat me with a bit more palpable illusion of being a valued customer in exchange for 16 TATL F tickets per year...
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
I guess that one thing everyone ought to consider is this. employee x cleans planes - gets paid peanuts and some chap who burns 7-10k on a ticket leaves Ipad, or Nintendo or whatever on the seat. Please..... his or her kids are probably having a great time. Chalk it up to a learning experience - please make sure you remove all your belongings before departing the plane?!?!?!?!?!?! Write it off to charity and hope the kids have it and it hasn't gone to some fence to feed a different sort of habit
Old Sep 6, 2012, 8:09 am

Lost iPad

Originally Posted by LHrelate
Hi BA,

Please send me an email with your flight details and info about the item plus your contact information at http://www.lufthansa-usa.com/relate and I will see if I can find it for you.

Best,
Michelle
I left my iPad on my flight from JFK - FRA today (LH401 sep 5 sep JFK 3:55pm). The lost baggage office gave me a number that doesn't work, the lost-property email has resulted in no email responses.

I also checked a box with a computer in it, and the box didn't arrive at my final destination (TXL). Very nervous about this.

I feel lost, and without any where to go. I tried calling the Lufthansa office at Frankfurt and the line is always busy. The gate agents wouldn't help me in Frankfurt.

Anybody have suggestions relevant in 2012?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: SEN, FB PLT, HH,
Urgent help: lost Passports in FRA

Dear Friends,

Any help is welcome,

On October 10 I forgot my and my family Passports in seat 3H of flight LH687 TLV-FRA.

Once I was on my next flight LH1024 to BRU I was informed by the MTC that the cleaning services find my documents bag and they will deliver it to the L&F services in FRA in order to deliver it to BRU, He add that I should contact the L&F in BRU.

Upon arrival to BRU I went immediately to the L&F at Brussels airlines and they wrote down my details promising to keep me updated.

On Friday I understand that no one knows about my Passports and there are no sign of them.

I was wondering if the Passports didn't go to wronge people.

I already talk to LH in FRA and BRU and no one know about my Passports.

Can someone help me with any idea since i know that they find it, any idea we are deep in the S we cant move further, no Passports.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Hi,
Maybe you should contact LH in TLV?

If you are Israeli, you can go to the Israeli embassy and they will give you temporary document allowing you to exit europe.
If you are from europe, then you can ask the ministry of interior to cancel your passports and make new ones for you...
Old Oct 14, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Urgent help: lost Passports in FRA

Go to the embassy of you're country and explain what has happened, they can issue you special travel documents to travel with (I think they are route, airline, and destination specific. Meaning that once you've booked you're flight that's what the document can be used for, nothing else)

Or you can most likely pay an exorbitant fee for emergency passport replacement.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
There is a Schengen passport control TLV-FRA-BRU.. how did OP manage to get past it without a passport (unless all members of the family has another set of travel documents)...
Old Oct 14, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Contact your embassy as first thing in the morning. Because of all the security measures, I would assume that the process is more time-consuming if you have Israeli passport.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by LonLH
There is a Schengen passport control TLV-FRA-BRU.. how did OP manage to get past it without a passport (unless all members of the family has another set of travel documents)...
Really, this is indeed the first and pretty show-stopping mystery. Immigration would simply not have allowed OP to exit immigration and just walk on to the next flight. They would have held him+family in the secure Immigration area while the crew searched the plane... it would have been a pretty easy search.

There is no way immigration officers will allow anybody to get past (can you imagine the consequences if people just started being let through on a verbal that they "lost" their passports on the way)?

I doubt if OP has a second set per the final comment " we are deep in the S we cant move further, no Passports."

Unfortunately without confirmation on how OP was able to make it past immigration and customs in FRA, the entire scenario does not add up. Sorry to be skeptical but really either I am missing something extremely obvious or there are huge holes in this impossible story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.