Left item on board at FRA - help please

Old Jun 9, 09, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci! And BA Silver previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 5, Bronze 2
Left item on board at FRA - help please

I left something on board and inbound l/h flight into FRA this morning. I was in such a rush to get my connection to LHR I did not look properly in the overhead bin.

Can someone help me with the best people/department to contact at FRA or an LH Customer Service number or email. I want to either pay for it to be shipped to me or get them to send it to LHR where I can pick it up on my next trip through there in a few days.

As always, thanks in advance for the help and advice.

P.S. Was in C class if that helps. No M&M status but bmi Silver now.
Old Jun 9, 09, 4:58 am

Programs: If I dont have it, I dont need it!
Originally Posted by BA or bust View Post
I left something on board and inbound l/h flight into FRA this morning. I was in such a rush to get my connection to LHR I did not look properly in the overhead bin.

Can someone help me with the best people/department to contact at FRA or an LH Customer Service number or email. I want to either pay for it to be shipped to me or get them to send it to LHR where I can pick it up on my next trip through there in a few days.

As always, thanks in advance for the help and advice.

P.S. Was in C class if that helps. No M&M status but bmi Silver now.
contact the LH office in FRA: Terminal 1 Abflughalle A, Tel: 0180 - LUFTHANSA (0049180 - 5 83 84 26) or try: +49-1 80-57 47 402 (missed baggage)
Old Jun 9, 09, 7:23 am

Programs: If I dont have it, I dont need it!
Any luck with one of the numbers?
Old Jun 10, 09, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
Any luck with one of the numbers?
Thansk silversurfer for the info. I am sorry to say I could not get through to anyone sensible to deal with it on the phone. The German call centre said it was not lost checked luggage - so that department could not help. The UK call centre could not help either. Another call to the Geramn call centre ended up with me being given [email protected] to email, but have had no reply yet.

Any other ideas or phone numbers most welcome.
Old Jun 10, 09, 7:13 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Hi BA,

Please send me an email with your flight details and info about the item plus your contact information at http://www.lufthansa-usa.com/relate and I will see if I can find it for you.

Best,
Michelle
Old Jun 13, 09, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LHrelate View Post
Hi BA,

Please send me an email with your flight details and info about the item plus your contact information at http://www.lufthansa-usa.com/relate and I will see if I can find it for you.

Best,
Michelle
Thanks Michelle, done the online form and sent you a PM. Fingers crossed!

BA or bust
Old Jun 13, 09, 12:58 pm

Another call to the Geramn call centre ended up with me being given [email protected] to email, but have had no reply yet.
those guys are usually very good with answering emails and retriving left behind stuff. i had numerous good experiences with them!
Old Jun 14, 09, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
those guys are usually very good with answering emails and retriving left behind stuff. i had numerous good experiences with them!
Are you getting a bit forgetful these days ?
Old Jun 14, 09, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
Are you getting a bit forgetful these days ?
well to be honest it was me dealing with them, since i speak german, and more or less intoxicated swedish speaking people forgeting things...
Old Jul 3, 09, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to Michelle of LHRelate in the good old US of A helping me, my left item arrived safely in London!

BIG thanks to Michelle and to lost baggage in FRA!
Old Jul 10, 09, 2:21 am

Thumbs down Same thing

Hi

I got exactly the same experience.

We forgot our hand bag with all the documents, credit cards, etc.
when we realized that (30min after the arrival) I have filed the report to "lost and found" and the lady informed me the cleaning team has not found anything in the overhead compartment. Very strange if you asked me that some other customer would take our bag.
Anyways, she filed the report, gave me the print out with the email address ([email protected]) and the fax number (+49 69 690 58008).
I have also tried the two numbers above.

Nothing.... absolutelly no feedback from Lufthansa and from the airport. I send few email, fax, phone calls, no feedback at all even after almost a week.
We are now starting our three weeks vacation with no credit card, no driving licence, beeing in foreign country. Just lovelly.

Good luck to all passangeers using Lufthansa and forgetting something or loosing your bags - very small chance you will get it back, as you cannot even get hold of a person or any status of the search.

kind regards to all
Pawel

Thansk silversurfer for the info. I am sorry to say I could not get through to anyone sensible to deal with it on the phone. The German call centre said it was not lost checked luggage - so that department could not help. The UK call centre could not help either. Another call to the Geramn call centre ended up with me being given [email protected] to email, but have had no reply yet.

Any other ideas or phone numbers most welcome.
Old Nov 8, 11, 3:15 pm

I left Ipad to one of the security checkpoints in FRA and it was luckily handed to Lost & Found. They have secured it and i have told them what is inside of it and they have confirmed that im the owner. I was pleased and happy until i heard that i am required to send my credit card information(name, number and the three digit security code) by email or fax for 56,45eur(administration fee 32,00eur and postage 24,45eur)!

I have tried to ask them if i could give it to them over the phone or if i could send them bank-transfer but they don't accept these. In my opinion(and my bank's) sending credit card information over e-mail isn't safe. They are auctioning all the items after three months. I don't know if i should book a flight to FRA and get it in person or something like that.
Old Nov 8, 11, 4:39 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
You should not send credit card info by e-mail, but sending by fax is perfectly fine. That is one option provided.

And frankly, who doesn't have some spare credit cards that one rarely use, with low limits, and if lost, is not going to cost major headache.

Finally, there are things called "prepaid" or "gift card" by Visa, Mastercard or Amex. They work exactly like regular credit cards.
Old Nov 8, 11, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by beep88 View Post
You should not send credit card info by e-mail, but sending by fax is perfectly fine. That is one option provided.

And frankly, who doesn't have some spare credit cards that one rarely use, with low limits, and if lost, is not going to cost major headache.

Finally, there are things called "prepaid" or "gift card" by Visa, Mastercard or Amex. They work exactly like regular credit cards.
They accept only Visa and Mastercard, i believe Amex has tighter policies when it comes to dealing with payments over email and fax and therefore it isn't supported. I read this somewhere and i could be wrong.

I have high limits on my credit cards and my bank has told me that if i send the information with email i will be solely responsible for any transactions and they won't do anything except cancel the card. I just got recently my card copied and someone made phony paypal purchases so maybe im just too careful nowadays.

I have purchased wide variety of things from germany and i really wonder why Lost&Found don't accept wire transfers, wouldn't it be the cheapest option also?
Old Nov 8, 11, 11:24 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Germans would be perfectly happy with a SEPA transfer which is very common in Germany. Germans also hate credit cards, so your sentiment is not rare here.

I'm in FRA on DEC 9 if you can wait till then... a power of attorney can be issued to anyone BTW. See here: http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con...st_found1.html

Search this Thread