FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1350316-lufthansa-lost-found-merged-thread-things-left-cabin.html)

JNBHEL Jun 29, 2005 2:59 am

Items left behind on LH flights

Had a flight from IAD to FRA last Sunday in F. During the flight I duly worked on my mails, etc. and subsequently left behind my 'cable & wireless' bag (which is a LH C class bag) in the side pocket.

All calls to LH service centres (Lost & Found, etc.) were to no avail. Seems people don't leave things behind on Sunday flights. Follow-up on Monday was not successful either as the line was permanently engaged. :mad:

Any experiences out there on how to get those kind of items back? Was surpised to see that even the staff in the F Terminal had no better access to Lost & Found than their customers seem to have.

Thanks.

vivamuci Jun 29, 2005 3:26 am

Originally Posted by JNBHEL
Had a flight from IAD to FRA last Sunday in F. During the flight I duly worked on my mails, etc. and subsequently left behind my 'cable & wireless' bag (which is a LH C class bag) in the side pocket.

All calls to LH service centres (Lost & Found, etc.) were to no avail. Seems people don't leave things behind on Sunday flights. Follow-up on Monday was not successful either as the line was permanently engaged. :mad:

Any experiences out there on how to get those kind of items back? Was surpised to see that even the staff in the F Terminal had no better access to Lost & Found than their customers seem to have.

Thanks.

I tried to get through several times - appears to be impossible via phone as the line is always busy. I even wrote a complaint to the customer reps. in Cologne. I only got a reply that they forward my fax to the lost & found. This was in September 2004....

check balance Jun 29, 2005 3:46 am

A friend of mine lost his nice new nokia mobile phone in his seat while flying with me from PVG to MUC in C. He noticed it at the baggage belt and immediately went to the lost and found office. One day latter a company driver picked up the phone. I thought this is gone for ever and was surprised that he got it back. He even called the lost and found counter in Munich several times without a problem.
They explained it can take up to one day until the items a brought to the lost and found office. The cleaning crew keeps the things with them until the end of their shift.

check balance

l22barne Jun 29, 2005 4:51 am

Hi,

I experienced a few times with the LH lost&found (once I finally got through) that they're really unwilling to care about these "problems". So far, neither one of my colleagues nor myself haven't got any lost item back. (varying from a pair of scissors (with name tag) in the security box to a child's stroller (!)) ...

Rgds,

l22barne

P.S.: Different to that, Singapore Airlines two weeks ago was even able to allocate a colleague's lost item w/o even a name on it and returned it to him within 2 days via express mail.

DLSTR Jun 29, 2005 6:46 am

Originally Posted by JNBHEL

I think the LH C class bag might be part of the problem. The cleaners most likely thought it was used during the flight and just threw it away.

And if that is the case, i even understand them because they do not need to open every amenity case left on the airplane, even if it was an C class one in F-Class. (How should they know?)

JNBHEL Jun 29, 2005 7:24 am

Originally Posted by DLSTR
I think the LH C class bag might be part of the problem. The cleaners most likely thought it was used during the flight and just threw it away.

Am afraid you have a good point there. Good-bye then to the laptop cable, phone charger and all the plugs...

Still leaves the question why it is not or nearly impossible to call them... (not the cleaners obviously).

Steve Fenton Jun 29, 2005 12:20 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447182

might be worth trying this if nothing else but to put a smile on your face

tbt Mar 17, 2012 5:23 am

Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]

I forgot my phone in a LH aircrafts Boston-Frankfurt fligth LH423 , and I really would like it back. I have contacted the lost and found by email '[email protected]. Telephone contact to Frankfurt airport has no been fruitful. Anyone with ideas as if how to retrieve my lost phone?

Thanks, Theresa

IsleSeat Mar 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but a warm 'Welcome' to Flyertalk

more4less Mar 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by tbt (Post 18217404)
I forgot my phone in a LH aircrafts Boston-Frankfurt fligth LH423 , and I really would like it back. I have contacted the lost and found by email '[email protected]. Telephone contact to Frankfurt airport has no been fruitful. Anyone with ideas as if how to retrieve my lost phone?

Thanks, Theresa

Welcome to FT tbt!

I lost my phone in a BCN-ZRH flight and I sent a mail to Lost & Found. I got it back after a few days at BCN airport, where I had asked to forward it.
I sincerily hope you are as lucky.

f4free May 18, 2012 7:20 am

Lost and Found Munich Airport for LH/LX items forgotten ON BOARD

I had the toughest time finding this info from Munich airport or Lufthansa for something I lost on ZRH-MUC seatpocket. Here for future reference:

Flughafen München GmbH
Service Center
Kabinenfundsachen im Auftrag der Lufthansa
Geschäftsbereich Aviation
Terminal- und Passagierdienste
Postfach 23 17 55
85326 München
Telefon: +49 89 975 - 72390
Telefax: +49 89 975 - 22876
[email protected]

This guys are in charge only for items lost on board and found during plane cleaning in Munich. They ship only to German addresses, 15 Euro are payable to the postman. Sometimes it seems items don't get colletced from the plane but go away again for lack of vehicles. This outsourcing is a mess.

Atlantique May 27, 2012 4:02 am

Lufthansa Lost and Found

On the 24th of May 2012 I landed in Frankfurt from Detroit and accidentaly I forgot my I Pad in the pocket of my business class seat 11D. I realized it after few minutes when I reached the gate. Immediately I informed the Lufthansa ground staff in order to go back and pick it up or have somebody to do it for me. The Lufthansa staff did not allow me to do it and they informed me that I had to file a claim to the Lost & Found desk to have it back. UNBELIAVABLE !! I was just few meters from my precious I Pad and I have to file a claim? Extremely frustraed I went to the Senatour Lounge close to gate B42 hoping to have a better support being a long time Lufthansa customer. To my surprise the lady at the counter gave me the same reply: "You have to file a claim" !!!
Now after 2 days I do not get any positive reply from the Lost & Found office and probably the I Pad has been stolen some where in the airport and this is only because the Lufthansa staff did not let me go back and take it or send an operator to do it immediately. On top of this I can not find anybody to talk with, I can only send e-mails. After having flew all my life with Lufthansa I believe I do not deserve this. This item for me is extremely important, not for the value but for its content, all my life is in it.
Can somebody give me some suggestions to try to solve this incredible problem? THANKS:mad:

chrissxb May 27, 2012 4:09 am

welcome to flyertalk, Atlantique :)
i will move this thread into our Lufthansa Miles and More forum, where it belongs :)

best regards,

chrissxb
co-moderator
communitybuzz!

Atlantique May 27, 2012 4:51 am

THANKS. I just need to get used to the system...

NewbieRunner May 27, 2012 8:48 am

Sorry to hear about your missing iPad. Please check your PM (Private Mail) for some info.