Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 17, 12, 6:23 am   #1
tbt

Question Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]

I forgot my phone in a LH aircrafts Boston-Frankfurt fligth LH423 , and I really would like it back. I have contacted the lost and found by email 'frankfurt-lost-property@dlh.de. Telephone contact to Frankfurt airport has no been fruitful. Anyone with ideas as if how to retrieve my lost phone?

Thanks, Theresa
tbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 12, 2:43 pm   #2

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but a warm 'Welcome' to Flyertalk
IsleSeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 12, 3:27 pm   #3

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbt View Post
I forgot my phone in a LH aircrafts Boston-Frankfurt fligth LH423 , and I really would like it back. I have contacted the lost and found by email 'frankfurt-lost-property@dlh.de. Telephone contact to Frankfurt airport has no been fruitful. Anyone with ideas as if how to retrieve my lost phone?

Thanks, Theresa
Welcome to FT tbt!

I lost my phone in a BCN-ZRH flight and I sent a mail to Lost & Found. I got it back after a few days at BCN airport, where I had asked to forward it.
I sincerily hope you are as lucky.
more4less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 12, 8:20 am   #4

Lost and Found Munich Airport for LH/LX items forgotten ON BOARD

I had the toughest time finding this info from Munich airport or Lufthansa for something I lost on ZRH-MUC seatpocket. Here for future reference:

Flughafen München GmbH
Service Center
Kabinenfundsachen im Auftrag der Lufthansa
Geschäftsbereich Aviation
Terminal- und Passagierdienste
Postfach 23 17 55
85326 München
Telefon: +49 89 975 - 72390
Telefax: +49 89 975 - 22876
cabin-lost@munich-airport.de

This guys are in charge only for items lost on board and found during plane cleaning in Munich. They ship only to German addresses, 15 Euro are payable to the postman. Sometimes it seems items don't get colletced from the plane but go away again for lack of vehicles. This outsourcing is a mess.
f4free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 12, 5:02 am   #5

Programs: Miles&More
Lufthansa Lost and Found

On the 24th of May 2012 I landed in Frankfurt from Detroit and accidentaly I forgot my I Pad in the pocket of my business class seat 11D. I realized it after few minutes when I reached the gate. Immediately I informed the Lufthansa ground staff in order to go back and pick it up or have somebody to do it for me. The Lufthansa staff did not allow me to do it and they informed me that I had to file a claim to the Lost & Found desk to have it back. UNBELIAVABLE !! I was just few meters from my precious I Pad and I have to file a claim? Extremely frustraed I went to the Senatour Lounge close to gate B42 hoping to have a better support being a long time Lufthansa customer. To my surprise the lady at the counter gave me the same reply: "You have to file a claim" !!!
Now after 2 days I do not get any positive reply from the Lost & Found office and probably the I Pad has been stolen some where in the airport and this is only because the Lufthansa staff did not let me go back and take it or send an operator to do it immediately. On top of this I can not find anybody to talk with, I can only send e-mails. After having flew all my life with Lufthansa I believe I do not deserve this. This item for me is extremely important, not for the value but for its content, all my life is in it.
Can somebody give me some suggestions to try to solve this incredible problem? THANKS
Atlantique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 12, 5:09 am   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB, DL , IC Plat Amb, Hilton Gold, A|Club Platinum
welcome to flyertalk, Atlantique
i will move this thread into our Lufthansa Miles and More forum, where it belongs

best regards,

chrissxb
co-moderator
communitybuzz!
Old May 27, 12, 5:51 am   #7

THANKS. I just need to get used to the system...
Old May 27, 12, 9:48 am   #8
Moderator, Community Buzz, and Ambassador, Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
2014 Elections

Programs: LH SEN* HH Gold & other mostly useless cards
Sorry to hear about your missing iPad. Please check your PM (Private Mail) for some info.
NewbieRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 12, 2:10 pm   #9

Programs: USA Dividend miles
I hope we will see a posting of something positive in this situation. I too left something of value (3 years past) in that pocket and could not retrieve it. Filed a claim but I knew I'd never see it again. It was not as valuable as that ipad and I was able to replace what I lost. But the sting of not being able to return to get it is still there.

I hope something good happens here and would like to hear of a 'Happy Ending' to the story.
Old May 28, 12, 7:12 am   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidelberg Barbie View Post
...I hope something good happens here and would like to hear of a 'Happy Ending' to the story.
Just in case no happy end comes, let me briefly mention a similar story that happened to me five years ago after a non-*A flight. I flew to EZE and for reasons too stupid to explain, during the entire flight I had put my banana bag that "only" included my camera and about 4000 $ in cash, into the overhead bin. Needless to say that I forgot it on board and I realized it when I went to book a transfer into Buenos Aires in the arrival lobby. In full panic I run, the wrong way, back into immigration and customs, screaming to the officers that I had to go back to the plane. When about to enter the jetty into it (nobody had stopped me till then) I saw the crew coming out and the purser waiving the bag to me, smiling. Of course, that was not in FRA and not flying LH, which fully explains why I wasn't shot or arrested...
KLouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 12, 8:30 am   #11

Programs: USA Dividend miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
Just in case no happy end comes, let me briefly mention a similar story that happened to me five years ago after a non-*A flight. I flew to EZE and for reasons too stupid to explain, during the entire flight I had put my banana bag that "only" included my camera and about 4000 $ in cash, into the overhead bin. Needless to say that I forgot it on board and I realized it when I went to book a transfer into Buenos Aires in the arrival lobby. In full panic I run, the wrong way, back into immigration and customs, screaming to the officers that I had to go back to the plane. When about to enter the jetty into it (nobody had stopped me till then) I saw the crew coming out and the purser waiving the bag to me, smiling. Of course, that was not in FRA and not flying LH, which fully explains why I wasn't shot or arrested...
I'd say you 'transmitted' your ownership of the item he was holding. No need to see identification.
Old May 28, 12, 8:49 am   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
I wish I could have done the same.
I still can not believe how in 2012 in a country like Germany things like this can happen. The persons that has taken my IPad should relize how is important its content to me and how big is the damage this is creating. Probably I'm dreaming a perfect world which will never exist, even in a developed country like Germany.
I hope LH will realize the mistake it has done and it will learn from it.
OF COURSE AS YOU CAN IMAGINE I DID NOT YET RECEIVE ANY GOOD NEWS
Old May 29, 12, 4:24 am   #13
Senior Moderator; Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2014 Elections

Programs: LH SEN
Ipads are certainly something you can forget in the seat pocket. Yesterday someone left it in the aircraft at IST and when we boarded a pax noticed the ipad which even the cleaning crew had missed. The purser collected it and handed it over to the station manager near the gate. The FA close to us mentioned that its very frequent and he wondered how people don't take better care of a 500-600+€ item they used for pretty much the entire flight.
oliver2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 12, 5:07 am   #14
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
The FA close to us mentioned that its very frequent and he wondered how people don't take better care of a 500-600+€ item they used for pretty much the entire flight.
Many possible reasons- strange that the FA did not have more empathy. One point I always have found very strong at LH are the people who work onboard the aircraft who are usually wonderful and a huge asset.

A number of answers to the question including the most logical:

Because they are tired and stressed from a flight which may have followed an early morning or a long day at work?

Let's all hope the OP gets their Ipad back and is able to post a nice ending to this unfortunate story.
TRAVELSIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 12, 5:44 am   #15
Senior Moderator; Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2014 Elections

Programs: LH SEN
The FA was great, no doubt, I only quizzed him about the ipad since I saw this thread a few hours before. He didn't say it in any derogative fashion. I can't recall the exact words but he roughly said that people love their ipads and use them for most of the flight until the FAs literally have to stand in front of the them during approach to switch them off. He mentioned its usually the same who then forget the ipad in the mad scramble to get off the plane asap. He said that he was perplexed how people can leave behind an item they used the entire flight that was pretty expensive (5-600+€), usually stored right in front of them.
oliver2002 is offline   Reply With Quote