Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: * A
Originally Posted by Shimon
Passenger who flew in first Delhi to Frankfurt Sunday 25th September: You left a bag on board. I notified cabin crew and they sent it to L&F.
Thanks Shimon. I just left my phone chargers in a small TK (porche design black case) on the LH403, 83K seat of EWR-FRA this morning. Emailed the on board lost and found, yet to hear back. I am on the ground for another 2 hours hoping they will get back to me soon.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:28 pm

Left blue backpack in B departure transfer area Singapore . I pad and personal items. [redacted] 3/15/17 19.00 hr 7pm

Last edited by oliver2002; Mar 15, 2017 at 4:20 am Reason: removed personal email ID
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Since this thread was revived anyway, it's probably worth posting this:

To have the highest hopes of getting something back anytime regardless of the situation, the items need to be 1) readily identifiable as something of value (i.e., not a old plastic bag that might be thought to contain trash), and 2) attributable to a specific owner (tag with name and/or phone number and/or even a throwaway e-mail address if you want to protect your personal privacy somewhat). For example, I use a lot of tags with nothing more than a prepaid handy phone number on them.

If the conscientious finder can be sure of the owner (you) and the value you place on the found items, it will greatly increases the chance that you'll see it again, whether found by airline personnel or just about anyone during your trip.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:27 pm

Successfully retrieved watch

I am happy to report LH Lost and Found is working well! Yesterday I flew VCE-FRA and during the flight I removed my watch from my wrist and set it firm on the seat next to me. When I disembarked, I naturally left it behind and only noticed half an hour later when I was in the terminal transferring to another flight. I sent an email to [email protected], with a description of the watch, flight and seat number. I received an acknowledgement this morning and this evening an e-mail arrived saying the watch had been found and that I could either pick it up or have it mailed to me free of charge.

Great service from Lufthansa and Frankfurt Lost and Found!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum, BA, SPG, Priority Club Rewards/IHG
We left an iPad in the front pocket for seat 61F on the Flight LH456 during APR 15 2017 flight. We called Lufthansa lost and found number in USA and the people answering were of not help, advised to call after a day. No name, phone number info, seat info were taken
Any idea how we can get more help trying to recover our item?
thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Danitop
Great service from Lufthansa and Frankfurt Lost and Found!
I can confirm that after a friend I was travelling with left his phone & wallet in the seat pocket of the LH flight from Dubai. We opted to go to the lost & found desk in baggage claim C (instead of sending the email) and were reunited with the phone and wallet after 1 hour or so. It was interesting to see the effort and resources that go into reuniting people with their phones - agents had access to information where the planes were, made multiple calls and drivers were sent to planes parked the other side of the airport.

After the seeing the flow of people who had also left their phone in the seatpocket on their flight, I decided to try and never put anything I need in the seatpocket again.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
I amazed that LH lost and found did not charge you for returning your item. Most german L&F charge 10% value of the object for "admin" purposes.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Any experiences on how long it takes for LH lost and found to ship an item? I lost my notebook on connecting flight in FRA, it was found the same day and they offered to ship it to my home address free of charge. One week ago L&F confirmed that they had prepared it for shipping and it would be shipped with DHL the next day. I have not received it yet and follow-up emails remained unanswered. I start to get a little nervous after I was initially very impressed with how LH handled the case and how fast they were to respond.
Old May 15, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: USA Dividend miles soon to be AAdvantage
Originally Posted by totti
Any experiences on how long it takes for LH lost and found to ship an item? I lost my notebook on connecting flight in FRA, it was found the same day and they offered to ship it to my home address free of charge. One week ago L&F confirmed that they had prepared it for shipping and it would be shipped with DHL the next day. I have not received it yet and follow-up emails remained unanswered. I start to get a little nervous after I was initially very impressed with how LH handled the case and how fast they were to respond.
I would think the speed would depend on the 'level' of DHL service your packet was sent. Could be 2 to 3 weeks based on my own experiences with other companies using DHL for customer service issues.
Old May 16, 2017, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Heidelberg Barbie
I would think the speed would depend on the 'level' of DHL service your packet was sent. Could be 2 to 3 weeks based on my own experiences with other companies using DHL for customer service issues.
Even within Germany? That would be really slow but as long as it arrives I will certainly not complained. I am more concerned because Lost and Found was incredibly quick to reply to each and every of my emails the day I lost the computer and now they do not reply at all.
Old May 16, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: USA Dividend miles soon to be AAdvantage
Even within Germany?
Yes, Frankfurt to Heidelberg. It was considered low priority, is my guess.
Old May 16, 2017, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Heidelberg Barbie
Yes, Frankfurt to Heidelberg. It was considered low priority, is my guess.
Thanks for the information. I am not sure if "good to know" applies here but it's certainly helpful and has me a little less stressed. If I had known, I would have asked someone to pick it up in Frankfurt and send it to me as a "regular" DHL package.

I still have to say that I am impressed with how well LH lost and found handled the case when I reported the computer missing and it is also great that they offer to ship it free of charge. But an update and a tracking # would be nice.
Old May 17, 2017, 11:33 am

Just a quick update in case someone is interested or in a similar situation. After several emails LH Lost and Found finally got back to me. I think they were reluctant to get back to me because it turns out they somehow messed up the shipping label and the package was in transit with DHL for a while before it was returned to sender. LH now posted the package again but they did not provide a tracking #. So I have no idea when it will arrive. From the previous package tracking # which I only got today it seems that the package was very close to my house in Berlin on Wednesday last week only to be returned to FRA. Let's see what happens next.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:50 pm

Just a quick update in case someone is interested or in a similar situation. After several emails LH Lost and Found finally got back to me. I think they were reluctant to get back to me because it turns out they somehow messed up the shipping label and the package was in transit with DHL for a while before it was returned to sender. LH now posted the package again but they did not provide a tracking #. So I have no idea when it will arrive. From the previous package tracking # which I only got today it seems that the package was very close to my house in Berlin on Wednesday last week only to be returned to FRA. Let's see what happens next.
I hope yu have recieved your device by now..
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:10 am

Left bag in FRA -- how to get from FRA > BCN?

Hey all,
I left a carryon roller luggage in the overhead on my LH419 flight to Frankfurt. Good news is they found it and it's now sitting in the Lufthansa Cabin Found Property Office.

Bad news is I'm already in Barcelona and desperately need this bag for a cruise (we're departing Sat AM).

Ideally Lufthansa would just tag the bag and put it on the next flight to BCN, but I can't reach anyone to do this. OR I pay someone to carry it on a flight.

Does anyone have any recommendations? (or by chance is anyone going FRA > BCN today or tomorrow?) Desperate for any help / suggestions.

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.