Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRU choice of lounges: 3 SN vs SAS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Ah I can understand your possible confusion however indeed I am speaking about BRU
I know. It was my (obviously failed) attempt to be ironic.

Oh well, humour doesn't cross cultural boundaries all to well...
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I know. It was my (obviously failed) attempt to be ironic.

Oh well, humour doesn't cross cultural boundaries all to well...
I thought you were and I think the humour crosses quite well- actually just today I was talking with a colleague who had returned via CDG and his comment was "You know that airport reminds me in some ways of BRU!".
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Improved B Lounge

I was there earlier today

New facia on the units
Limited change of carpet tiles (yip not 100% changed as far as I could see)
"Improved business centre"
Coat of paint...

Still the same chairs, catering & wifi vouchers..

I think SN are being honest when they say its been "refreshed"
Old Sep 7, 2013, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
8. Not a great train service (old non air conditioned trains) that go to/from the airport.
Especially considering the price you pay for that short distance... I think it's 8,70€ now?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 3:45 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
The trains are a mix of old and new. As "you never get a second chance to make a first impression", these old trains must leave an awful impression on first time visitors.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Koby
Especially considering the price you pay for that short distance... I think it's 8,70€ now?
Indeed, it's crazy expensive, and the bus lines 12 and 21 who take forever to reach the city centre aren't much cheaper either.

For the cost-conscious, I always suggest descending to the bus terminal on level 0 and taking De Lijn buses 359 or 659 (direction Roodebeek - runs every 15 minutes) to the Roodebeek metro station, where one can switch to metro line 1. The total cost is 2€ in the bus or 1.55€ by SMS, and for those who have to switch to the metro anyway, it's actually the faster option (the bus takes 20-30 minutes depending on the time of day). I'm amazed by how many people from Brussels, particularly eastern parts, are unaware of this alternative. Especially since the airport bus lines are not included in the monthly or yearly public transport passes for us residents anyway.

Last edited by gojko88; Sep 7, 2013 at 10:52 am
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Question Does the Brussels Airlines lounge at Brussels airport "A" gates have showers?

Perhaps my question is ignorant, as all lounges have showers. If not all have I would like to know if the brussels airlines lounge at Brussels airport "A" gates have showers?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
They have a bathroom with toilets and wash basins.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Answer is no,which is quite disappointing that at their home base Brussels Airlines don't provide this service.
Are the "B" gates any better?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:58 pm

The lounge at the A pier is horrible, and the bathrooms (which are outside the lounge) are one of the worse in the whole airport.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:11 am

I wouldn't agree that the lounge is horrible, but definitely not up to the LH standards, especially if you're comparing to SEN lounges. We'll see after the expansion next year. Also, it's true that the toilets are in the public area, but no one really knows about them except lounge guests (as they are upstairs before the lounge entrance), and they've always been perfectly clean and functional, ergo better than any other airport toilets at BRU. Don't know why the hate
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: M&M FTL
The Pier B lounge isn't too luxurious or anything, and always seems really quiet every time I'm there. There's a good view over two of the runways and always plenty of Leffe... I can think of worse ways of spending 45 minutes With food it can be hit and miss, if you show up at the wrong time the options can be limited to nuts and pretzels. The toilets are indeed in the corridor outside the lounge, but clean and lightly used as it's on a different level from the rest of the terminal.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
I wouldn't agree that the lounge is horrible, but definitely not up to the LH standards, especially if you're comparing to SEN lounges. We'll see after the expansion next year. Also, it's true that the toilets are in the public area, but no one really knows about them except lounge guests (as they are upstairs before the lounge entrance), and they've always been perfectly clean and functional, ergo better than any other airport toilets at BRU. Don't know why the hate
I must have been unlucky then, the last time I visited the bathrooms by the lounge they were a real disgrace.
The lounge is very often overcrowded, but the pastries in the morning are pretty good
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ELAL
Perhaps my question is ignorant, as all lounges have showers. If not all have I would like to know if the brussels airlines lounge at Brussels airport "A" gates have showers?
Search is your friend.
"BRU lounge" = http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ls-lounge.html
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
but the pastries in the morning are pretty good
Except that I really don't understand why they have to spoil that wonderful sugary piece of heaven with raisins

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.