Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRU choice of lounges: 3 SN vs SAS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
brussels airport

brussels airport should win a prize for the most stupid logistics solution for passengers

the access to shengen terminal through a long corridor in the cellar is a total belgian mess that i truly dislike - each time i pass it i gnash my teeth

it s about a 10 min useless and ugly walk

bravo architects !!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:52 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
More about BRU *A lounges here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...s-airport.html

Last month I had ample time to sample the various lounges there... there are four lounges you can use as LH SEN in B alone: the sunrise, the normal EU lounge, the diamond lounge and the SAS lounge . TP uses the Iberia lounge Those contract lounge contract must last ages... Pictures are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1043151...26540168307298
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by gorbatzjov
The entire BRU airport is smoke-free. There are no smoking lounges. So no possibility to smoke after security. (though some people seem to do it in the toilets (illegally), judging to the smell of them)
Yes, this is the case and it is mostly BRU airport staff smoking there illegally as I could witness Friday afternoon.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by luchoqc
For those arriving from an Intl flight (T.B) and connecting to the Shengen area (T.A) it is still possible to get access to the SN lounge in T.B. where you will get access to a shower. This is just what I am doing right now! When you get off the plane, simply don't clear immigration/customs and follow the signs for T.B. transfer. You'll have to pass security again, but they don't ask for your boarding pass.
Can anyone verify if this is still true? I am looking into a trip for next year and am comparing all my connecting options in Europe. I would be flying ORD-BRU on UA972 in Business class, then BRU-NCE on SN3619 in Business class. I am a *G member with UA and TK.

UA972 arrives BRU at 9:20 am and SN3619 departs BRU at 11:00 am, so I would like to have a shower after landing. Will I be able to access a lounge with a shower?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Bump...is anyone able to offer any info on my question above?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by sunshine-state
Bump...is anyone able to offer any info on my question above?
I went to do a little investigating today while I was waiting for my luggage at BRU. I asked some guys in the immigration booth (the one you use to transfer from terminal B to A), and they confirmed that you can get there from the terminal B departures area (where the terminal B lounges are).

But I can't help you on whether there are showers in the B terminal lounges. I do remember that in the past at least one lounge had showers (as SmilingBoy said above), but I have no idea who uses that lounge now.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

More info here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...s-airport.html

If you have time, just walk to the sunrise lounge, that looked to be the best one when I visited all in June. Didn't check on the shower situation though, AFAIR the sunrise lounge may have one, the website says so too:
http://pro.brusselsairlines.com/en_b...spx?item=20474
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:12 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you have time, just walk to the sunrise lounge, that looked to be the best one when I visited all in June. Didn't check on the shower situation though,
Unfortunately, I do not think you can get to Terminal T until all African planes departs in the morning. You may try to go to Terminal T from B with bus transfer but they may stop you at the counter for not having proper ticket for Africa bound flight.

As has been mentioned, it is best to go upstairs of Terminal B SN lounge upon your arrival and ask the lounge attendant to call and reserve shower in the Diamond lounge. However, shower is very spartan though (as compare to other airports' shower facility).
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:26 am

The sunrise lounge in T is open 8-14h. sunshine-state arrives at 9.20 am, SN501 to JFK departs at 10.30 am, so the lounge opens at 8 am accordingly. @:-)
Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
@sunshine-state: If you arrive on UA in C or F they offer a shower in the Sheraton Hotel. However it means going out, collect a voucher at UA Ticket desk, check-in at Sheraton and check out at Sheraton. I recommend this only with more than 2,5hrs connecting time. Last time the UA concierge in EWR informed me about this option, UA in BRU was not very well prepared, but did a great job getting me a shower at the Sheraton. This was very nice as I was connecting by train to QKL with 3hrs layover...
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002
More about BRU *A lounges here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...s-airport.html

Last month I had ample time to sample the various lounges there... there are four lounges you can use as LH SEN in B alone: the sunrise, the normal EU lounge, the diamond lounge and the SAS lounge . TP uses the Iberia lounge Those contract lounge contract must last ages... Pictures are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1043151...26540168307298

So for the SAS lounge (which seemed to be closed at certain points of the day), can you access it before an African departure? Ive been to the Sunrise Lounge and the SN Schengen lounge and there were no food or interesting beverage options to speak of...

Can arriving pax from Schengen countries access the Diamond Lounge with their Priority Pass or are they ushered directly outside to arrivals without the option to access any sort of lounge on arrival? Always like to stop for a bottle of water once I land.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:57 am

Arriving from Schengen you stay airside, so no problem to get to the lounges, although I guess only the contract lounge will let you in with PP, the *A lounges will not as you are not departing.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:00 pm

BRU arrivals lounge?

Arriving BRU 5:00am, on SN from TLV. Will I be able to get to a lounge? I know there is one in Terminal B, and it's supposed to open at 5:30am, but will I be able to access it? Also, does it have showers? Thanks a lot,

Shuly

(Tried this query in the Europe forum but there were no answers. I also tried to search, most relevant posts were outdated.)
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
If you search using "BRU lounge" in this forum you find quite a bit of recent information in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...sn-vs-sas.html
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:54 am

Thank you

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
If you search using "BRU lounge" in this forum you find quite a bit of recent information in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...sn-vs-sas.html
That's great information, I don't know how I missed it. Thanks a lot!

Shuly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.