Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRU choice of lounges: 3 SN vs SAS

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

BRU Terminal B Brussels Airlines Diamond Lounge

I will be transiting at BRU as part of a trip from SFO-FRA-BRU-TLV and will be arriving BRU at 12:20PM and leaving at 7:00 PM to TLV. I have PriorityPass so there should be no problems entering. I had some questions about the lounge that you may be able to answer for me.

1. What type of food do they offer? Can I get sandwiches or a hot meal as I will be there during lunch/early dinner.

2. I see that they offer complimentary alcohol so I can get local Belgium Beers like Leffe? I don't want to get an expensive beer at the airport so the lounge would be nice.

3. How are the shower facilities? is there enough showers/toilets for passengers? I now have a ritual to use a shower when flying.

4. Is there a quiet area with daybeds or a place to lie down before my next flight?

5. Will they be announcing when to board my flight?

6. Why do they charge for WiFI? Isn't this supposed to be free at an international lounge? What is the cost to use WIFI? Are there any free internet terminals to check email etc?
Any photos of the lounge and your opinions would be most appreciative.

Thanks
Old May 16, 2011, 1:24 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Lounges in BRU, not really great - havent tried this one though.

In general you get a 1h internet pass, rest is paid.

Note this one seems to have max 3h stay.

http://www.loungepass.com/index.cfm?...e_code=BRUBCOM
Old May 16, 2011, 1:49 am

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
Sorry to disappoint you but the Diamond Lounge at pier B is not that great.

1. You may get some finger food. Nothing substantial. For dinner etc. you should go to a restaurant. To get to the lounge you need to go through the security. In order to use restaurants you will have go back to the Duty Free area and return to the lounge (gate) via the security again. In the gate area (where the lounge is) there are some snack bars (sandwiches, etc).

2. Yes, there is plenty of Leffe in the lounge.

3. I am not sure about showers. Toilets are outside the lounge shared with other lounges.

4. I am not sure - never seen any.

5. No boarding announcements.

6. 1-hour free access is offered in SN lounges. I am not sure about the Diamond Lounge.

Have a good trip.
Old May 16, 2011, 9:35 am

Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere past security in BRU to smoke - lounges or otherwise? We will have access to Diamond Lounge at Piers A&B (they state non-smoking), SAS Business Lounge, Brussels Air Lounge, and a ?contract lounge? so hopefully we have all airport areas covered. Flying LH in C class to FRA, connecting to CO BF to EWR, and just trying to plan. Thanks!

Robin

Last edited by Fishbait; May 16, 2011 at 10:16 am
Old May 16, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
The entire BRU airport is smoke-free. There are no smoking lounges. So no possibility to smoke after security. (though some people seem to do it in the toilets (illegally), judging to the smell of them)
Old May 16, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
@danielonn

Just a thought. You'll be arriving from FRA to terminal A. The restaurant selection in A is much better. So, you'd be probably better of eating somewhere in Terminal A before moving to your lounge in B.
Old May 16, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
Thumbs down

i don t know any fancy lounges in BRU except for JET AIRWAYS

all others are worth not much - very similar to priority pass/ diners club lounges

there is everywhere very limited food - all in all dull and useless

there are 2 starbucks there (the only ones in Brussels)
Old May 16, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond
There are smoking areas in the airport. In the B-terminal there's one next to the bar at gate B17.

The B-pier lounge isn't all that great indeed. Since you are arriving in the A, you're better to go to the SN lounge at the end of pier A, the 'sunrise lounge', it's quite new and has a quiet area. Don't think there are showers though. Just be advised that the sunrise lounge is reserved in the morning for pax going to Africa. It opens fir all pax after the last SN flight to Africa has left, usually this is around 1PM.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:17 pm

Question about the "Diamond Lounge". Can people buy a day pass for this lounge? I have Priority Pass but am traveling with a couple of friends.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Sadly, the Diamond Lounge passed away some time ago, to be followed shortly by the much beloved (except by LH) bmi.

The official *G lounge in Pier B is the Brussels Airlines one. Don't bust a gut to get in there.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:40 pm

Arg, terrible. So no priority pass lounge in BRU?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by ambrogz

there are 2 starbucks there (the only ones in Brussels)
Nope, we've got one in Brussels Central station now as well! And Antwerp Central Station :-)
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
Sadly, the Diamond Lounge passed away some time ago, to be followed shortly by the much beloved (except by LH) bmi.

The official *G lounge in Pier B is the Brussels Airlines one. Don't bust a gut to get in there.
Except for TK which uses BA's lounge. Much better in my opinion.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by elpiett
There are smoking areas in the airport. In the B-terminal there's one next to the bar at gate B17.
When did you see that? Last time I was in the B-terminal there were (like everywhere in the airport) no smoking areas. Please do use toilets to smoke illegally though.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:16 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by gorbatzjov
When did you see that? Last time I was in the B-terminal there were (like everywhere in the airport) no smoking areas. Please do use toilets to smoke illegally though.
The whole airport is a non-smoking zone with one exception: the smoking room. This is next to B17 as stated. It opened shortly after the 9W mini-hub started and was still there last time i passed through the B pier late last year.

Im not sure i understand why you call for people to smoke in the toilets and i dont support such calls (as a smoker).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.