Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRU choice of lounges: 3 SN vs SAS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:43 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
Sadly, the Diamond Lounge passed away some time ago, to be followed shortly by the much beloved (except by LH) bmi.

The official *G lounge in Pier B is the Brussels Airlines one. Don't bust a gut to get in there.
Wow, I've used their shower last December (redirect from SN lounge) but it is now gone? So no more shower in the Terminal B for *A passengers? If that is true, it is a real bummer. I have an overnight connecting flight from Africa to US in April so does this mean I will not be able to take shower?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
To correct some misinformation, the Diamond Lounge remains operational (im in it right now), it is not a SN Lounge, but a contract lounge with priority pass. There are showers, no free wifi, and kind of dirty bathrooms
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: TK Gold, FB Silver, A3 Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Adam1222
To correct some misinformation, the Diamond Lounge remains operational (im in it right now), it is not a SN Lounge, but a contract lounge with priority pass. There are showers, no free wifi, and kind of dirty bathrooms
That's correct. I think the confusion here is because of BD's withdrawal from BRU some time ago. The Diamond Lounge (or lounges, as I think there's one in each terminal) is an indepedent one, with no connection to BD.

As has also been pointed out, it's certainly not a place in which to spend any more than a minimal amount of time.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Meh, self-serve booze and snacks make a layover go quickly regardless of the other amenities
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: M&M 0*SEN (LH *G), TK *G, Accor Silver, HHonors Gold
Don't stay at the airport

If the lounges in terminal B are anything like the SN lounge in terminal A, you shouldn't hope for too much. The one in A is actually very small, and as far as I remember, they only have simple sandwiches, maybe a soup, and some snacks to eat. The beer is quality Belgian stuff however, though the selection is a little limited. You get a one-hour wifi voucher, that I think works outside the lounge as well.

The train from the airport to Brussels central is only 20 minutes and they run all the time. If your visa allows, head downtown and grab yourself a nice meal and some chocolates from Pierre Marcolini. Just be aware that the train ticket machines only take Belgian debit cards, so get your ticket from the counter.
Old May 11, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: AC E50k
BRU choice of lounges: 3 SN vs SAS

I am *Gold and will be flying YUL-BRU-MRS on AC832 + SN3599 this Sat. I was wondering about the lounges in BRU. I am looking for two things: a shower and decent breakfast. Looks like there are 3 different SN lounges and one SAS. Any recommendation for my 3hrs layover?
Old May 11, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
As you are departing from Pier A, you only have the choice between the SK lounge and one of the SN lounges (one of the other SN lounges is in Pier B departures, but you will be in the arrivals level; the other SN lounge is at the end of pier A; however, in the morning, these gates are departure area T and you can only get there if you fly on one of SN's African flights).

Neither of your two options offers a shower. In my view, if you want to eat something, the SK lounge is nicer. Don't expect too much - bread roll, toast, cheese, ham. The SK lounge also has toilets inside (you need to leave the SN lounge and use toilets outside), and is generally furbished in a nicer style. However, the SK lounge is often closed at off-peak times - so not sure it will be open on a Sunday morning.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Agree, nicer and less crowded.

Food is crap both places.
Old May 11, 2012, 8:08 pm

Thanks a lot! Too bad those 2 lounges don't have a shower!!!
Old May 12, 2012, 3:47 am

I think there is only one lounge with a shower (the Pier B "Diamond Lounge") at BRU which I believe would be accessible with Priority Pass. However, you will not be able to access Pier B departures. Since I only used it ages ago when this was still the lounge for LX, I am not 100% sure anyway.
Old May 13, 2012, 1:22 am

For those arriving from an Intl flight (T.B) and connecting to the Shengen area (T.A) it is still possible to get access to the SN lounge in T.B. where you will get access to a shower. This is just what I am doing right now! When you get off the plane, simply don't clear immigration/customs and follow the signs for T.B. transfer. You'll have to pass security again, but they don't ask for your boarding pass.
Old May 13, 2012, 3:18 am

And then? How do you get to Pier A now?
Old May 15, 2012, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
And then? How do you get to Pier A now?
When you get out of the lounge in Pier B, you simply have to follow the Pier A / T connexion signs. You then go down the stairs to clear immigration/customs, and free to go to Pier A. Really simple and easy if you have a connexion time of about 2hrs.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the SAS lounge at BRU allow SN Star Gold pax to enter or do they push them over to the SN lounge? I will be flying SN in Y as a UA Star Gold, but have been to the SN lounges. Would rather try the SAS lounge.

I remember years ago when it was a Sabena lounge, there was much nicer food with Sabena-branded trays and dishware. Now the SN lounge is more like a contract lounge on the interior with little airline branding.

The Sunrise lounge is much nicer, but skimpy on the food offerings as well. SAS lounge tend to be better in that regard. Why does BRU have an SAS lounge anyway...is there a lot of paid business traffic to BRU on SK?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does the SAS lounge at BRU allow SN Star Gold pax to enter ?
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.