Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRU choice of lounges: 3 SN vs SAS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:12 am

Update

Here's my recent update. Arrived a little after 5am. Followed the "Transfer B gates" signs. Went through security (no boarding pass needed). Went up to the lounge. It all took less than 5 minutes.

The lounge only opens at 5:30. I asked for a shower, and was sent to the Diamond lounge, which looked somewhat nicer and better stocked. Shower was excellent: spacious, Hans Grohe fixtures, good thick towels. When I returned the key I was politely asked to move back to the SN lounge, which I did.

This should work for whoever connects in B. Probably not worth the effort for A.

Shuly
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:40 am

Lounge in BRU

Hi!

I've booked a flight from TLV to EWR through BRU. First leg is SN, second in UA.
I am gold status in USAir, but I won't be able to earn miles because the fare (K class) don't earn miles in US.
On the other hand, UA will earn 100% miles.

Will I be able to get in the lounge in BRU and EWR only by showing my card and not the BP?

Any suggestions?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just show a valid US*G card and a same day *A (SN or UA) BP, no problems to get into the lounge. They will swipe the US*G card to charge US for the pleasure of using the lounge(s).
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:21 am

Great news!
Will it also be valid for extra luggage?

Because I don't attach the US number to my flights, will I "lose" upgrades?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just show a valid US*G card and a same day *A (SN or UA) BP, no problems to get into the lounge. They will swipe the US*G card to charge US for the pleasure of using the lounge(s).
I thought it had been established that the operating carrier pays. That's something that I saw at bmi.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by veryexcite
Great news!
Will it also be valid for extra luggage?

Because I don't attach the US number to my flights, will I "lose" upgrades?
Your *G status will get you the *G luggage allowance.
If you want the miles, you need to have US number in the reservation.
What "upgrades" are you talking about?
Your economy fare classes are too low to qualify for anything.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 2:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by hugolover
I thought it had been established that the operating carrier pays. That's something that I saw at bmi.
If its established that lounge access is only due to status the status giving carrier pays, if due to cabin, the operating carrier pays.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
If its established that lounge access is only due to status the status giving carrier pays, if due to cabin, the operating carrier pays.
There's quite a long thread on this on the A3 forum, with one of the mods saying a rep from Star had confirmed what I said.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Can you use the lounge if you're not connecting? Just arriving?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Can you use the lounge if you're not connecting? Just arriving?
No. They are not Arrivals facilities. You need an onward BP.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 2:19 pm

The access policies are listed here: http://www.brusselsairlines.com/com/...spx?item=20474
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
an update

Transited BRU today. The agent at the Brussels Airlines lounge in Terminal A said its possible for passengers arriving from North America to access B lounge (with showers) prior to passport control. Evidently, there are elevators, not marked.

BTW, nothing is well marked at BRU:
- no signs after passport control for connections (Terminal A);
- no "in transit" desk for connecting flights bp's;
- signs to lounges in Terminal A are not evident;
- wait time of 30 minutes at passport control at 08:00 am

IMO BRU is one of the worst airports for connections in Europe. If this is the best the EEU can do, the EEU is in deep trouble.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
BTW, nothing is well marked at BRU:
- no signs after passport control for connections (Terminal A);
I think there are signs BEFORE passport control, since you have to choose one of the booths on the right for the a connection to terminal A.

But I agree that BRU is not a nice airport. Maybe use MUC next time...
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:49 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Real Enhancement? New lounges in BRU

"Brussels Airlines has launched a project to redesign and upgrade its lounges at Brussels Airport. The lounges will not only double in size, they will also offer the Business Class passengers and frequent travellers a whole new experience.
Brussels Airlines offers its passengers 3 lounges at Brussels Airport today. One lounge is exclusively reserved for the long haul travellers and the two other lounges cater for the needs of the Schengen and the non-Schengen passengers.
After introducing a new award-winning and innovative on-board product, Brussels Airlines has now decided to completely redesign these lounges as part of its ground product innovation project which aims to offer passengers a whole range of new, state of the art comfort services during their stay at the airport.
For this quality upgrade, Brussels Airlines has teamed up with an experienced international partner, Designit, who is currently working on a highly original concept based on what modern travellers today really need.
The project will be realized in close cooperation with Brussels Airport. The new lounges will be ready by in the course of 2014."

Hope this will include a new caterer, as the options in BRU very limited. Also:showers in all lounges? Too bad no lounge in the "connector" (new building replacing the long underground tunnel to the A Pier) is planned, would make a great location with good view.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:02 am

A lounge in the connector would make no sense... unless SN plans to get some more floor space in the terminal I doubt they can improve the lounges. A little different layout perhaps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.