Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRU choice of lounges: 3 SN vs SAS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:42 am

I'm in the temp lounge at rush hour. There's a few people standing but I quickly found a seat. Pastries are plentiful. So not an ideal situation, but surely bearable IMHO.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 4:49 am

We're arriving EWR-BRU at 7:45 AM on UA, but our friends don't arrive until 9:20 on Delta. We have Airport Angel access to the Diamond Lounge B. Could we go there upon arrival and freshen up while we wait for them? If I understand correctly, we need to go through security again to do this?

Also, where do people suggest we meet our friends? Would we be able to access their gate? or should we plan to meet in baggage? We all may be carrying on, but maybe this would be a good place to pick to meet.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond
If you're not connecting on a flight out of BRU, I don't think you'll be allowed into the lounge.

As for where to meet up, you can either do it in the luggage area behind border control, or exit the luggage area and wait at the Java coffee bar to your right or the Stella Artois pub on your left. The arrivals area is pretty small (and not too nice), so you can't really miss your friends if they arrive.

Be prepared for what may be a pretty long wait at border control btw, it's the morning rush hour!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by elpiett
If you're not connecting on a flight out of BRU, I don't think you'll be allowed into the lounge.

As for where to meet up, you can either do it in the luggage area behind border control, or exit the luggage area and wait at the Java coffee bar to your right or the Stella Artois pub on your left. The arrivals area is pretty small (and not too nice), so you can't really miss your friends if they arrive.

Be prepared for what may be a pretty long wait at border control btw, it's the morning rush hour!
Good point! I guess we will wait through border control and then wait for them to get through border control
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:35 pm

I just went through BRU temp *A lounge and it was pretty poor as far as choice of food goes. Needed a shower and they sent me to the Diamond lounge next door (they have some sort of agreement). Superficially it seemed nicer but, unfortunately, I didn't take a better look. I am going to be there again and, though *A lounge is free, I'd rather pay to get something half way decent.

Edited: well, I am back and had a chance to take a better look at Diamond lounge. It's a bit less busy and has better air conditioning (*A is kinda stuffy) but food choices are even more scarce.

Last edited by br2k; May 1, 2014 at 6:42 am
Old May 13, 2014, 1:07 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
BRU choice of lounges: 3 SN vs SAS

OMG this temp lounge sucks, standing room only, more space in the concourse.
Old May 29, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
The Temp lounge can indeed get very full. On a positive note, spoke with one of the lounge staff: the new one will be impressive and will open in September if everything goes according to plan...
Old Sep 4, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Any recent developments? What is the best Schengen lounge for food and drinks?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
The SN Lounge has various beers on tap and a few more in the fridge. Wines, also sparkling but no champagne. The usual softdrinks, bottled water, ice. Fruit, soup, sandwiches with cheese or meat, breadrolls and individual mini portions of cheese all day. Croissants and other sweet pastries in the morning. Coffee machine.
Haven't seen any news on the new lounge yet...
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:41 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by Ghentleman
Haven't seen any news on the new lounge yet...
Any update on the new SN lounge? I recall October being mentioned. It seems we have had the temporary lounge for a while.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:01 am

As of yesterday the new lounge isn't open yet. Didn't look for more info as I didn't have a lot of time to spend before my flight anyway.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Dan72
Any update on the new SN lounge? I recall October being mentioned. It seems we have had the temporary lounge for a while.
Was told "next month" when I passed by earlier this week. So it seems that October is still the plan.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by MichielR
Was told "next month" when I passed by earlier this week. So it seems that October is still the plan.
Thanks! I normally pass through the B gates, but have a few A gate flights coming up. I'm also hoping that any improvement in food and beverage in A might also stretch across to the non-Schengen B lounge too.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: LH SN Sen**; Air Berlin Gold; IHG Spire Amb; HH Plat
soon new lounge

got an invitation for the opening of the new lounge, on 6 Nov
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Current status of lounges for JFK-BRU-VIE?

Hi all,

the g/f and I (US citizens) are flying on SN J, JFK-BRU, and then connecting to OS "J" BRU-VIE. I know that the main lounge in BRU we'd access (not sure which terminal) was/is undergoing renovation. Has anyone been through recently?

Questions:

1) Which lounges in BRU do you suggest we use? We have a 2:50min layover.
2) We were looking into getting a shower. Are there any in the lounges we will be able to access w/ a shower transiting into schengen zone?
3) Is there a lounge we'll have access to that has better coffee/breakfast options? If not, can you suggest a good breakfast place in the Schengen terminal

Many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.