Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRU choice of lounges: 3 SN vs SAS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
The SN Schengen lounge in the A pier is still closed for renovation and a temporary lounge is used which has less space and as few facilities as the old lounge.

As of yesterday, when I was there and according to what I was told, the new lounge is scheduled to open end of October/early November. It will be, reportedly, a huge improvement.

You will arrive at B, go through passport control to enter the Schengen area and then make your way to A, with an additional security check on the way. The A lounge currently has no showers and I don't know whether there will be showers in the new lounge.

Your breakfast options in the SN lounge currently are a choice between two or three types of croissant, and yoghurt. There are a few "fast food" type restaurants and a sea food bar as alternatives. Depends on your preferences and on whether you had breakfast on the plane.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:38 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just go to the sunrise lounge, its meant for arriving pax from international flights?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:40 pm

I personally find the pastries in the SN lounge to be pretty good, so I wouldn't look for anything else (well, there is a Starbucks if you're in that kind of mood).
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just go to the sunrise lounge, its meant for arriving pax from international flights?
It's at the end of the A-Gates (called T Gates) in a zone with separate passport control (A-Gates are Schengen only) and meant for departing Int'l pax, leaving in the morning (hence the name). Closes in the afternoon when the last SN flight to Africa departs.
It's a long trek to the end of the pier (and back to catch your VIE flight) but if you have plenty of time and no problem walking, doable.
Other option would be the lounge in the B-pier where you arrive from JFK. See Post #39 in this thread with a quite recent 1st hand experience.
With this option note that you will still need to make the long journey to the A-pier, including going through passport control so don't wast your time in the B-lounge, get a shower and go.
The temp lounge in the A-pier is not that bad, just a bit small. There's also the SAS lounge which you might have access to (*G).
So either go straight to the Sunrise Lounge at the T-gates or go to the B-Lounge for a shower then to one of the A-lounges.

Last edited by Ghentleman; Oct 10, 2014 at 1:00 am
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The Sunrise lounge in T opens at 8am, the JFK flight arrives around 7am. I've gone to the sunrise lounge after arrival, no issues at all, you just need a departing *A BP for the same day.

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-b...s/default.aspx
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:45 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The Sunrise lounge in T opens at 8am, the JFK flight arrives around 7am. I've gone to the sunrise lounge after arrival, no issues at all, you just need a departing *A BP for the same day.

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-b...s/default.aspx
The departing BP is key, it's not a strict arrivals lounge.
Did you take the bus from B to T?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
I personally like the SAS lounge in BRU. Nice style, friendly staff, food is ok and overall experience good. WLAN could be faster
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by HKG1111
I personally like the SAS lounge in BRU. Nice style, friendly staff, food is ok and overall experience good. WLAN could be faster
+1 ^. After disappointing cramped SN lounge experience earlier decided to check this one out. Big improvement.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I only visited the SK lounge once, and I hated it. The décor looks like IKEA's 80's catalogue, way too cold and washed out, there was little natural light, and the food choice was pathetic. Give me the old SN lounge any day of the week (and I imagine the new one will be a vast improvement).
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HKG1111
+1
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:55 am

Yesterday I had the pleasure of departing from BRU and was surprised how they are redoing the former lounge complex in A.

It looks like all airline operated lounges except for SN have closed their lounges and there is major work going on to refurnish the former IB lounge to probably be an extrension of the SN lounge. The old AZ lounge is now designated as overflow space for SN, and the Diamond lounge has moved from the lower level to the former SAS lounge. Since I had three colleagues with me we went into the Diamond lounge using my PP card and its an interesting mix of old SAS furniture and decor intermingle with what looks like IB and former Diamond lounge furniture

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.