Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:59 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mamb0
- Aisle Access

- Privacy in seat mode given the angled arrangement. From all pictures I have seen so far, it does not look as if the seat enclosure is offering as much privacy then other similar set ups.

- where do the feet go.
- can you get up and out with the table fold out
- how does it feel to be looking at an angled monitor
- any hidden features? like shoe locker, glasses locker, iphone / ipad storage,
- where are the power outlets located
- can you attach mobile devices like ipad to the monitor
Yes you can get up and move the table away, the lever to do that is now much simpler, better to grab and to operate.

The monitor can only moved sideways and angled, but not in the way it used to be in the current C.

Shoe locker goes away, you are supposed to keep you shoes under the footsie bench, it should also be ok to store a purse/laptop bag there. Still waiting for verification on that one. The spectacle cruncher has been replace by a compartment that hold the headset and has a small leather partition for any glasses. In the A330 model a place to store your glasses will be provided near the coat hangar. No space for an ipad in there but wallet, smart phone etc should fit.
The magazine compartment will have additional space to fit a laptop or ipad, especially on day flights when the water bottle will not be provided in there.

Power outlets are in the center console, the mockup didn't have any fitted, so judge the press photos.

There is a USB port above the headphone socket. If the aircraft has the RAVE system (A330, not B748i) you can watch your ipad on the monitor, the Panasonic system will not support it, so the USB will be there to charge you iPad/phone, bberry etc only
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
I went to the ITB today, the seat is disgusting. Too narrow (even narrower than the new LX C seat) and no comments about the foot space...

The new AB seat is much more comfortable.
Wow! Did you and your seat mate try and sleep on your sides, facing each other? If yes, did your knees touch? From your photo it seems like they would have to.

I guess I'm just glad that I always travel with my son, so I won't have to sleep in such a manner next to a stranger.

I looked up the new NH C seats and it seems like there are no good options for individuals traveling together not to mention that it doesn't seem like LH could have squeezed 100 of them onto the 748.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
There will be 32 in the upper deck... the UD on a 748i is streched by 4.1 metres compared to the 744. The B section is also stretched, hence the big C even though the new seat means the density reduced. The D section is longer by 1.5m so more economy, total of 362. LH had worse, the old old cradle C on the second batch of 744 deliveries (AFAIK 2002) to replace the 742 had 390 pax. (310Y/64C/16F)
Oliver where did you get your 362 total pax count from? The figures I've seen are slightly further south.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by hwmorth
Does keeping the old seats on the A380 indicate that the premium routes will be 748-operated? Otherwise, I see the competitiveness dwindling, as even AB´s new C product is comparable to LH´s current C.
The A380 is not getting refitted due to the reasons above, AB just bought the old refurbished LX C seats, didn't have time to go to Hall 9 to see any presentation of any new seat development. Maybe fqtv_kraven knows more.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by janehoya
Wow! Did you and your seat mate try and sleep on your sides, facing each other? If yes, did your knees touch? From your photo it seems like they would have to.

I guess I'm just glad that I always travel with my son, so I won't have to sleep in such a manner next to a stranger.

I looked up the new NH C seats and it seems like there are no good options for individuals traveling together not to mention that it doesn't seem like LH could have squeezed 100 of them onto the 748.
there is nobody on the other "bed", looks just like a blanket
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:10 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Some more pictures with a ruler (16cm long) for comparison:

Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by hamallu
Oliver where did you get your 362 total pax count from? The figures I've seen are slightly further south.
The press handout they gave me, and the 748 magazine they handed out. You guys probably know more accurate details, some of the stuff in the press released were, lets say, not entirely accurate ). The figures were quoted as part of the mission profile of the 748 (how it fits between the 346 with 300 seats and the A380)
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by Matze20111984
there is nobody on the other "bed", looks just like a blanket
Aha! Obviously your eyesight is much better than mine.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by janehoya
Aha! Obviously your eyesight is much better than mine.
Can you see legs under the blanket? I first thought there are shoes under the blanket but the legs are missing
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:39 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thanks very much, oliver2002, for all the pictures and reports. ^ I think you earned a Y return ticket to TXL.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Matze20111984
Can you see legs under the blanket? I first thought there are shoes under the blanket but the legs are missing
I thought I saw shoes as well, and suppose I didn't look for legs.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thanks very much, oliver2002, for all the pictures and reports. ^ I think you earned a Y return ticket to TXL.
I'd like to add my thanks to oliver2002 as well. Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to travel and post your impressions. Much appreciated.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
This looks so disappointing. I guess I will have to finally start a diet. Sleeping on the side is very diffiuclt for me (too big belly) and I find it difficult to imagine how I could fit in this straight. Z position seems not be possible anymore (which is how I sleep today when in C).
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:18 pm

Imagine yourself boarding last minute and when you arrive your seat theres someone next to you waiting barefooted! From the looks of the new seat i continue my avoidance of their J. Quite amazed that this was the best they could come up.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Thanks very much, fqtv_kraven, for the very informative picture and comments. Sorry to hear that no airline sponsored your trip.

Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to still go there and post your impressions. Much appreciated. ^
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:24 pm

[QUOTE=So if LX & SN has staggered, LH has the V-shape, i wonder what OS will get on their 777s?[/QUOTE]

My 2cts: In 2013 the 777's and hopefully the dreadful 767's will be gone by end 2012 and even OS might be history by then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.