Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Post Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

http://neue-business-class.lufthansa.com/

The new Lufthansa Business Class seat boasts a horizontal sleeping surface measuring 1.98 metres in length. At the press of a button, it converts into a comfortable bed. The seat impresses with the exceptional comfort it offers as a flat bed or as an upright or reclining seat, with its intuitive adjustments, additional storage space and enhanced entertainment system. In a few weeks’ time, when the new Lufthansa Jumbo, the Boeing 747-8, enters scheduled service, passengers will have their first opportunity to enjoy the features of the new Business Class cabin.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thanks for posting the link.
The seat still doesn't look completely horizontal to me!

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 8, 2012 at 2:48 am
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:37 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

First images from the LH briefing courtesy of oliver2002. ^
Now we know where your (and your neighbour's) feet end up.
It also looks like window pairs on the main deck are arranged | | and not /\.

Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:50 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Now we know where your (and your neighbour's) feet end up.
Where ?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Where ?
First set of pictures, bottom right.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:59 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Finally, It is the official launch :

http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/them...ess-class.html
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Finally, It is the official launch :

http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/them...ess-class.html
Thanks. The whole setup and seat leaves me completely underwhelmed (and my expectations weren't high to begin with)...

The complete lack of privacy and apparent storage space is horrible and the table looks flimsy. And I am not buying the marketing BS such as:

"Lufthansa to virtually double the distance between two neighbouring seats at shoulder level, which in future will give Business Class passengers greater privacy"

Well, maybe Oliver has something good to say about the seat, lets wait...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:48 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
First impressions: This is a long overdue development and the new seat will indeed be a quantum leap for Lufthansa. I've always wondered how they could get away with advertising the old slide as a "bed" - hands up who's got a sloping bed in their home bedroom? I like the privacy the new seat offers around the head as you will be surrounded by a shell and quite some distance from your neighbour. What does worry me, however, is the leg area. It looks like from hips downwards I'd effectively be sharing my bed with a stranger and one false move in my sleep could mean I'm all over my neighbour's legs (or the other way round). I know many people don't like the herringbone configuration (AC, CX) or SQ's layout but in terms of privacy they seem far superior to the new Lufthansa seats.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Well, it's an improvement. But not a massive improvement and is it just me or are they still (STILL!!!) behind the competition on this one? Including their own LX/ SN?

Plus it will probably take a good 10 years before they manage to roll it out to the whole fleet.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Gold+, LH HON, Starw Plat, RC Plat
This is the best they could do?....sad!

Foot area seems narrow, nice for people with small feet but others will not able to sleep on their side. I agree that touching legs will be common. Seat near the exit seems to have less legroom.

The news release mentions the extra shoulder space, no mention of seats being || rather /\

I am Berlin today, crew on this morning's flight told of a display seat at the local exhibition center so will try and visit before departing tomorrow. Will share impressions once i touch the hardware.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:03 am

Is it correct that your neighbour is watching "your" tv screen???? lol

Last edited by A380*G; Mar 8, 2012 at 4:15 am
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The seat looks like a tongue!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:13 am

There is another set of pics on this website plus a video of the proceedings this morning in Berlin:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...business-class
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by alex1948
There is another set of pics on this website plus a video of the proceedings this morning in Berlin:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...business-class
The second video at this link shows a normal "stout" business man (not a model) trying to get comfortable on the bed and it just does NOT look good...especially the super small foot area....
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
well - depending on how it goes I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up extending outwards the little divider thingy in the foot area. That would help separate pax's feet (and would be fairly easy to do I would have thought). Extending it outwards would also give a little more personalised storage? (underneath the seat in front on the ground, but at least a little wall would keep both people's stuff separate)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.