Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
A few days ago someone here(TRAVELSIG?) mentioned that one of the most important things was privacy, which I fully agree, and this seat, at least from the pictures posted, seems to go in the opposite direction.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: SEN, 1K
any word yet of what the first LH 747-8 route will be? I am still hopeful that the rumor about FRA-IAD is true...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by dalagatan
any word yet of what the first LH 747-8 route will be? I am still hopeful that the rumor about FRA-IAD is true...
Welcome to FT dalagatan! There was a rumour about JFK being the first A380 route, so much for rumours...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:28 am

It's HORRIBLE! I can't imagine my feet wedged in with a stranger's...

And hasn't LH learnt from all the criticism regarding herringbone style seating where the window seat that faces away from the window isn't good enough?

And the fact that one still needs to climb over another sleeping passenger to get to the window seat really puts me off.

Too bad, LH had a chance to make their seating right, but failed miserably.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: Free Agent

if I want to play footsies with my companion, I will do so at home- not in the air! back to other options for J class in *A for this traveler...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
As so many others, I am not impressed. Why not go for the layout that Swiss has? Can't it be fitted on the upper deck?
As a friend once said when I complained about my business clas seat after a flight "it still beats sitting in economy"
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
It's HORRIBLE! I can't imagine my feet wedged in with a stranger's...

And hasn't LH learnt from all the criticism regarding herringbone style seating where the window seat that faces away from the window isn't good enough?

And the fact that one still needs to climb over another sleeping passenger to get to the window seat really puts me off.

Too bad, LH had a chance to make their seating right, but failed miserably.
Fully agree...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:52 am

The vids here shows how BAD the seat really is!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/busines...n/photostream/
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now that I've seen the video I see what you guys are talking about. I really wouldn't want to share the same foot space with a stranger. How very odd.

Lufthansa want to be as good as LX but not emulate their better product. Very odd.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Now that I've seen the video I see what you guys are talking about. I really wouldn't want to share the same foot space with a stranger. How very odd.

Lufthansa want to be as good as LX but not emulate their better product. Very odd.
It looks like your "seat mate" will be staring at your feet all the time- is this correct? Or is there a cover of some sort?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I really wonder how they can be this stupid..... I guess the current demand for LH C class is still at a level they feel there is no need to really compete with a good seat.

It seems it's just a small upgrade from the current seat (which of course is even worse) and they are continuing the double seats near the windows. So you will still have to climb over your neighbor.

What a difference with the LX C seats.... I really like those.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
It's going to be interesting getting my size 12's (aka Euro 47) in that small shoe space.

My intitial impression is that I don't like the look of this seat as well.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Wow, the idea behind it seems ok. But looking at the video, I am afraid that it will be playing footsie with your neighbour. Me as a side sleeper, I think it will be a task especially in avoiding the footsie game with your neighbour.
LH what were you thinking? Wonder why did they not take the Swiss seat and improve it..

I guess we only have to wait for some real experience from some members when it is put into use.

Cheers!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Now that I've seen the video I see what you guys are talking about. I really wouldn't want to share the same foot space with a stranger.
What foot space ?????

Unbelievable , after years of internal discussions , testing , interviewing 1000+ customers and employees . What a joke.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: *, 1W

I'm not really sure what to say. I guess they've managed to keep their F passengers in the front cabin...?

No harm trying it, I suppose, see what it "feels" like. But for some reason, I see myself on 777s a lot more in the future. CX and SQ come to mind...

A real pity, actually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.