Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: LH SEN
Sorry if this has been mentioned before: There is going to be a combination of both the \ / ("V concept") and // \\ ("H-concept", rotated towards window) on the A340/380 (and A330 as well, I think, even though I did not find it mentioned in the pdf), see here (page 7):

http://presse.lufthansa.com/fileadmi...Maerz-2012.pdf

Found at VFT, see here: http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/lufth...tml#post675029

Last edited by BikeHelmet; Mar 8, 2012 at 9:03 am
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As long as there will be no middle seat on the existing 744 when converted- that is really terrible.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by seat 1a
What foot space ?????

Unbelievable , after years of internal discussions , testing , interviewing 1000+ customers and employees . What a joke.
I guess the guys who are in charge of this project are either blind or blinded
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:07 am

Nobody has tried the seat on a flight, but everybody is complaining! Unbelievable and by the way the Singapore Airlines business seat has a very similar foot area! Isn't that much bigger, is it?

Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: *, 1W
Originally Posted by Matze20111984
Nobody has tried the seat on a flight
Originally Posted by Chopsticks
No harm trying it, I suppose, see what it "feels" like
the Singapore Airlines business seat has a very similar foot area! Isn't that much bigger, is it?
No, it isn't. But it's a 1-2-1 configuration and I can have a single seat... Same on CX.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Chopsticks
No, it isn't. But it's a 1-2-1 configuration and I can have a single seat... Same on CX.
But the foot area is similar sized and that's what lots of people are complaining about. I know that SQ has a 1-2-1 configuration but thats not possible for Lufthansa, they need big numbers of business seats on the planes. They regularly completely fill a 98 seats business class on their A380s
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Where did you see the exit seats?
its the upper deck of the 748, you can notice it in on the photos taken on the right hand side
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: *, 1W
But the foot area is similar sized and that's what lots of people are complaining about.
I think what most people are complaining about is the proximity to your neighbour's feet, not necessarily the space as such. At least that's what puts me of. Hence, I guess one has to try.

... not possible for Lufthansa, they need big numbers of business seats on the planes. They regularly completely fill a 98 seats business class on their A380s
Good for them, really. The point is, there are better products out there and I believe LH missed the chance to come up with something really good.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:30 am

i dont understand why not just take the current seat and make it flat...it looks way more comfortable....i hope they do this in the 380
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by divjan
i dont understand why not just take the current seat and make it flat...it looks way more comfortable....i hope they do this in the 380
It would take too much space to make them flat. They would have to cut the C capacity what isn't really the solution for LH.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:38 am

I don't have huge feet, but I'd feel confined to put my feet in that tiny space, regardless of how big the shoulder space and the rest of the seating area is. Really bad design.

On the video, the configuration is 2-2. Is that the upper deck of the 747-8? The cabin looks kinda narrow.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I don't have huge feet, but I'd feel confined to put my feet in that tiny space, regardless of how big the shoulder space and the rest of the seating area is. Really bad design.

On the video, the configuration is 2-2. Is that the upper deck of the 747-8? The cabin looks kinda narrow.
Yeah that's the upper deck of the B747-8I. Did you fly with SQ? Their space isn't really bigger for the feet
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:50 am

Yeah that's the upper deck of the B747-8I. Did you fly with SQ? Their space isn't really bigger for the feet
Yes, I've flown on SQ's new J, but I didn't have problems with the space for the feet or the angle. The LH ones, at least from the pics and videos, look much worse though.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Yes, I've flown on SQ's new J, but I didn't have problems with the space for the feet or the angle. The LH ones, at least from the pics and videos, look much worse though.
I can't see that much difference (size of foot area) between the pictures of LH an SQ
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
For me and my travel companions, this looks okay. We'll try it out when we get a chance, not that there will be many planes with it at first.

I like that it looks like now you can put your footrest down to get out of bed, unlike the over-engineered Recaros. I also like the storage area on the side and the color tones.

The whole "where your feet are" is kind of funny! You've taken your shoes off next to a stranger anyway, instead of 20 inches away, they'll be much closer, big deal...

You usually put your head right next to some stranger's feet anyway in long haul business class, just that you see a pillow and he/she sees a footrest...

They won't humiliate you in like that in Y! For all other public sock showing people, there's LH Business class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.