Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Business Class coming to LH [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by UAnewBiz
I don't think the image is a render of any particular plane. If you look at he window size, it's actually closes to a 787.

I would also assume they Lufthansa wouldn't do a 1-2-1 cabin of this, but rather a 2-2-2.

I look forward to trying this seat, I'm flying a lot more LH this next year.
US Airways does 1-2-1 on their 332, so I'd imagine same layout on LH Airbuses at least. 747 might support 2-2-2 width wise.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, BA Gold
Is anyone else perplexed/concerned by the idea of travelling alone (for work) and facing your (stranger) travelling companion? Is this really a good idea in a 2-2-2 configuration? how much room will there be in the 747-8 bubble top? As it currently stands a 2-2 configuration is all that would fit (comfortably). While I assume LH have thought this through... I find myself have they?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by shogan1977
Is anyone else perplexed/concerned by the idea of travelling alone (for work) and facing your (stranger) travelling companion? Is this really a good idea in a 2-2-2 configuration? how much room will there be in the 747-8 bubble top? As it currently stands a 2-2 configuration is all that would fit (comfortably). While I assume LH have thought this through... I find myself have they?
If you want to talk to people good chance to do so and meet people.lol but this would not be my preference.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Delta plans to install a similar seat on their 747-400s and from the pictures it appears to be a 1-2-1 setup...could go either way with LH
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:32 pm

Lufthansa for the love of god please add the individual overhead A/C controls

that is the one feature I wish LH had added on there aircraft.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by shogan1977
Is anyone else perplexed/concerned by the idea of travelling alone (for work) and facing your (stranger) travelling companion?
I think it's quite far away from facing.
http://www.dancewithshadows.com/avia...antic-flights/
This looks pretty private to me. Even better on the sides with just one pod.
I'd more worried about the petit looking armrest as the only shield from the aisle.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
the trial i was in last year from FRA-JFK (love my souvenir Aluminium/steel baggage tag LH Biz Class Trial - which I dare not use - Ive had hilton aluminium, continental plastic ,lufthansa senator leatherette, skandinavian engraved georg jensen all stolen!!!!! on relatively short flights - and dont tell me they came off accidentally - unless the baggage handlers most places are very very rough!)
Had these seats in the trial on the 747 http://www.dancewithshadows.com/avia...antic-flights/
I was in the middle section aisle - middle section much nicer than the window section -very private lots of room reminiscent of UA First - I felt it was much nicer than the new LX F which really doesnt have enough table surface/flat surface unless u fold out that enormous wooden table which is clunky and doesnt come close enough to you when slid towards you
I thought the LH envoy seats were fantastic - I really do hope these are the seats - I even sat next to that guy who played the gay nurse in Nurse Jackie Season 1 - and I coulndt see him without making it obvious -so privacy assured - he was sitting next to me - so go LH !

PS Guyz sorry about my asides and particularly poor grammar - if these offend Ill take it on board
But dont make it about my logorhoeic posts as has happened on some forums (eg Continental, Virgin AU Velocity) lets stick to the point and respect that each poster has their own form of expresssion - if we were all the same this world would be pretty f^^^^^^ boring

Last edited by cbourl; Sep 28, 2011 at 10:28 pm Reason: Typos Please understand Im 6ft4 and have large fingers
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Trust me, to see the neighbor in such angled seats you have to bend forward and crane your neck. This summer flying US Envoy it looked pretty difficult for the people in the two seats to talk to each other.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:39 am

While I am quite curious to see the new LH J seats, I do not put much trust in tiny image on a LH power point presentation.

Early sketches of BA's new F do not look that similar to the actual product. The image might be similar, but let’s not put too much faith in the picture.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by will2288
While I am quite curious to see the new LH J seats, I do not put much trust in tiny image on a LH power point presentation.

Early sketches of BA's new F do not look that similar to the actual product. The image might be similar, but let’s not put too much faith in the picture.
I suppose we will see them with the roll out of the 748. My guess is there will be quite the display at ITB in March next year as well so not that much more waiting.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: GGL/GFL
While manufactured by a different supplier, the layout itself looks very similar to the EADS Sogerma Equinox seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PfnmZijTI4

And sorry to disappoint, but if it is a similar layout, it is designed to go 2-2-2 on 330/340 aircraft and 2-3-2 on 747 aircraft...
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: *, 1W
Originally Posted by studio76
....it is designed to go 2-2-2 on 330/340 aircraft and 2-3-2 on 747 aircraft...

I always thought that LH will be going for a 2-2-2, but 2-3-2 while other carriers go 1-2-1? One more reason to stick to their 340s... On the positive side, it's still way better than UA's 2-4-2.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: LH M
Originally Posted by studio76
While manufactured by a different supplier, the layout itself looks very similar to the EADS Sogerma Equinox seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PfnmZijTI4

And sorry to disappoint, but if it is a similar layout, it is designed to go 2-2-2 on 330/340 aircraft and 2-3-2 on 747 aircraft...
747 will have 2-2-2 configuration
Old Oct 9, 2011, 12:05 am

any rumors on first flight date of the 747-800I?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
any rumors on first flight date of the 747-800I?
probably July 2012 subject to unforeseen delays

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.