Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
Thats how a lot of threads end up!
lol i know
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, BA Gold
Any leaks/rumors about the new biz seat? (apart obviously from the fact that it is coming) Such as features, launch timing, installation timing, cabin layout, sneak peak photos?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:17 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by shogan1977
Any leaks/rumors about the new biz seat? (apart obviously from the fact that it is coming) Such as features, launch timing, installation timing, cabin layout, sneak peak photos?
A bit here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14902017-post107.html

and there:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ss-2011-a.html

or here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ew-c-test.html
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:54 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Also here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post17055911

and here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post17053636
Old Sep 13, 2011, 2:31 am

Thanks DownUnderFlyer and NewbieRunner - extremely helpful of you
Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:00 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Taking the parent company's lead, I sure hope that SN would expedite their business class upgrade as well.... They have been talking about that forever
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Atuchan
Taking the parent company's lead, I sure hope that SN would expedite their business class upgrade as well.... They have been talking about that forever
SN could start by upgrading their sad and depressing excuse of a lounge at the hub airport of the capital of Europe BRU. Seriously between the "fast track", the lounges, the overpriced food and interent, and the impossible to exit without a queue parking garage of rental cars- Brussels gives Washington DC a significant run for the money in category of "worst airport of a first world country".

I have laughed a few times when I pick up my Asian colleagues at JFK- and they have green faces at the airport of what is supposedly a "first world" country- imagine departing Bangkok and arrivng at JFK. Now- SN and BRU are in that same category- look at the passengers arriving on JET and imagine their connections with SN.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 5:53 am

BRU as bad as IAD? I don't think so

Just so you know I am not a Belgian patriot intent on defending his airport. I am an Irish guy who travels through both Dulles and Brussels regularly.

While I completely agree the SN and indeed all *A lounges in Brussels are extremely bad... I would take Brussels airport over Dulles any day!!! For one thing, at least there are windows! I absolutely detest Dulles, the air, the dirty carpets, the low ceilings, the claustrophobia, the smell of fried food and cinnamon, the food options, the United lounges... Terrible!

So in short, yes, SN could improve its lounge - however, the airport is just fine compared to Dulles or indeed many other EU airports
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I would take Brussels airport over Dulles any day!!! For one thing, at least there are windows! I absolutely detest Dulles, the air, the dirty carpets, the low ceilings, the claustrophobia, the smell of fried food and cinnamon, the food options, the United lounges... Terrible!
Not when you depart from the B concourse on OS/SK/LH
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:55 am

the smell of fried food and cinnamon, the food options

What is it with that country and its obsession with cinnamon? EVERY airport just stinks of it... The "Cinnabon" smell (you know, that chain that sells cinnamon god-knows-what) just overpowers everything.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Bob'sYourUncle

What is it with that country and its obsession with cinnamon? EVERY airport just stinks of it... The "Cinnabon" smell (you know, that chain that sells cinnamon god-knows-what) just overpowers everything.
+1
but having said that, I do not think it was so bad last time I went through JFK(LX - Terminal 4??).

What was the topic?

Last edited by more4less; Sep 14, 2011 at 9:55 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by saviox
What was the topic?
At least it's a change from the usual.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Concourse B is indeed a disgrace.

Concourse A is not bad actually, although I agree that the lounges could be much nicer, especially the food offerings in the SEN lounge (almost nothing today).

I wish BRU would also install a smoking room somewhere, so that the smokers will stop stinking up the toilets (which are usually not too clean anyways).

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Not when you depart from the B concourse on OS/SK/LH
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
SN could start by upgrading their sad and depressing excuse of a lounge at the hub airport of the capital of Europe BRU. Seriously between the "fast track", the lounges, the overpriced food and interent, and the impossible to exit without a queue parking garage of rental cars- Brussels gives Washington DC a significant run for the money in category of "worst airport of a first world country".

I have laughed a few times when I pick up my Asian colleagues at JFK- and they have green faces at the airport of what is supposedly a "first world" country- imagine departing Bangkok and arrivng at JFK. Now- SN and BRU are in that same category- look at the passengers arriving on JET and imagine their connections with SN.
Are you serious no way........ DC is worlds better than BRU.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Atuchan
I think you meant to say, "I sure hope that SN *and its parent company* would expedite both of their plans to upgrade their business class." Certainly there has been no leadership by LH in expediting the business class refit/upgrade, and if anything the parent company has been talking longer about this than SN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.