Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Business Class coming to LH [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:24 am

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by maestro1981
Does anyone have any idea which routes these new B747 and A330 will be most likely starting on with the new Business Class?
probably Key north american cities that are 747 market New York, Washington, Toronto etc etc ..... Chicago
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
It's never too early to speculate.

My guess is that the newly equipped aircraft will fly a random pattern of LH routes.
agree ...... i hope it is not random.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:32 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Global, Miles and More SEN,
First pic

The good news is you'll get 2.5x miles bonus.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 1:22 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You expect anything other than boring from LH?
Actually yes, I do. While LH is very conservative with its offering, they are usually quite fresh and modern design wise. They have a distint style language from lounges to aircraft interior and this is especially clear in 1st class. So I am hoping for something a bit less boring. Don't get me wrong, LH will never create the ultimate in luxury but they should be able to create something more modern than the boring gold plated design of the likes of EK.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 4:24 am

Programs: LH, AF, IB, JJ, AT
Originally Posted by maestro1981
I just got off a Lufthansa flight and in the seat pocket there was an interview (I believe from the upcoming August magazine - correct me if I'm wrong) about the new 747-8. The interesting thing was that it stated that LH will be revealing a new business class seat with the debut of the 747-8. Finally!! Anyone else heard anything?
It's in the July edition, which can be found online here.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by A380*G
This is certainly true. In the aspect of the best C cabins out there LH has some homework to do. However, from my perspective (I do most of my flying on LH longhaul in Y) any C cabin feels like heaven. Therefore I have no symphaty for those who complain about the current C product. If it is so bad, don't fly it.
I assume the LH Y product is OK?

You have to love LH (as I do) to complain, I agree. Its an airline I have flown with from childhood (and Im not German or anything). It captures the romance of air travel for me and I think many others. It used to be cutting edge in product offering. Some of us just feel bad that its now permanently behind the times on hard and even (all too often ) soft product. I WANT to fly LH and still do but much less than I would; all too often, the dictates of logic and value prevail. But it does not have to be this way, no?

One thing I do feel though, the cabin crew are much firendlier and more cosmopolitan than when I was in my teens ... my theory was that this was due to the forced absorption of Interflug in the early 1990s... is there any truth to my specualtion, does anyone know?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 3:23 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by rathin100
One thing I do feel though, the cabin crew are much firendlier and more cosmopolitan than when I was in my teens ... my theory was that this was due to the forced absorption of Interflug in the early 1990s... is there any truth to my specualtion, does anyone know?
Why would the absorption of a state run soviet style airline make LH more cosmopolitan?

LH made a massive transition from a public enterprise that was cash strapped in the early years of privatisation to a market leader in terms of cash flow and profit. Many longtime LH employees I've talked to remember the days when Weber went begging to the bank for financing day to day operations and new fleet purchases. Nowadays they just buy the planes outright. This sort of explains why they don't want to spend big bucks and park a significant part of their fleet for a seat refit.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Im sorry, i think you misunderstood me. I meant exactly the opposite i.e. that LH is more cosmopolitan today than in the early 1990s :-) Im not suggesting that absorption of Interflug made it more cosmopolitan, quite the reverse!

I take your point re the economics and I guess they have a nice captive market ion germany so they can afford to stay at the low end of the product , flogging any unsold seats dirt cheap to the likes of me (last month JFK India in J was < USD 3000 on LH and USD 4500+ on LX, BA, EK); as an economist i would agree this makes sense if you can get away with it. As a customer who, as I said, loves LH, it would be nice if their product topped BA and made them the No 1 quality global airline. Thats my limited point, and yes, its just a wish -- im not grounding it in a business rationale.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Im sorry, i think you misunderstood me. I meant exactly the opposite i.e. that LH is more cosmopolitan today than in the early 1990s :-) Im not suggesting that absorption of Interflug made it more cosmopolitan, quite the reverse!

I take your point re the economics and I guess they have a nice captive market ion germany so they can afford to stay at the low end of the product , flogging any unsold seats dirt cheap to the likes of me (last month JFK India in J was < USD 3000 on LH and USD 4500+ on LX, BA, EK); as an economist i would agree this makes sense if you can get away with it. As a customer who, as I said, loves LH, it would be nice if their product topped BA and made them the No 1 quality global airline. Thats my limited point, and yes, its just a wish -- im not grounding it in a business rationale.
If you are talking about cabin crew, I think at some point in the early 90s LH decided to have a multi-national crew and now around 50 percent are non-German. Not sure if that was what you were getting at.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:10 pm

Hmm. Did not know that, thanks ....it could be an important driver, no?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 5:58 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Reminds me of this thread in the BA forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post16191845
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:13 am

I assume the LH Y product is OK?

You have to love LH (as I do) to complain, I agree. Its an airline I have flown with from childhood (and Im not German or anything). It captures the romance of air travel for me and I think many others. It used to be cutting edge in product offering. Some of us just feel bad that its now permanently behind the times on hard and even (all too often ) soft product. I WANT to fly LH and still do but much less than I would; all too often, the dictates of logic and value prevail. But it does not have to be this way, no?
Yes, acutally I do think the LH Y product is OK. As A SEN I often get exit row seats which provides good extra space. I watch movies on my iPad with my noise cancelling headphones, and I have usually no problems sleeping.

However, in a comparison to the C product the Y product is nothing. That is why I wanted to stretch that those complaining about the C product should not. It is rather good. After all, LH gets you there at a quite good price and if things messes up, they usually handle that also very well. Furthermore, they have a terrific network and mostly many flights to choose from.

I do love LH.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: LH M
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
If you are talking about cabin crew, I think at some point in the early 90s LH decided to have a multi-national crew and now around 50 percent are non-German. Not sure if that was what you were getting at.
That is a complete nonsense.
A great majority of LH crew are still german. LH has never had a point where it decided to be more international and employ other nationalities as cabin crew.
Foreign nationalities have always been welcomed at LH and as Germany became more diverse nation, so did LH.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:03 pm

interesting how this thread has become and attack and defense of lufthansa
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:18 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
interesting how this thread has become and attack and defense of lufthansa
Thats how a lot of threads end up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.